Community > Posts By > Journo_Pete

Journo_Pete's photo
Sun 05/23/10 05:35 PM

Hi! :smile:

I sometimes wonder if our world of men leaders will slowly change in time to see women take the main role of responsibility. In Australia there has been an increase of female politicians taking leading roles in their parties. In the business world there are many capable females who are running the executive administration side of companies and are doing well in that role.

On a personal view point I don't mind at all as I have worked under quite a few female CEO's who are quite capable of managing business operations.

I suppose in the heavy industrial areas of work you would have more males than females.

The reason I mentioned the above is will the male figure in time become the one who is being asked for a date by a female instead of the traditional role of the male doing the asking.

Would the females prefer that role, or would they prefer males to keep doing what they have been doing in the romance department.

Just curious for your genuine remarks "not trashy comments" would be great.

Pete.

Well Pete times certainly have changed. Me, I have no problems asking a guy on a date. My claim to fame is to be on the first crew of women to ever serve on a combat ship in the Canadian navy so you see; shyness is not a factor. If I waited for a man to ask me out; hell would freeze over. LOL

Well government policies do change overtime, and no doubt it will most likely occur that women will at some point be employed in front line positions in western styled governments.

I guess with most governmental changes requires major approval by society to which the government governs, for any new Acts to be passed in the senate. So it is quite possible that you may serve in that role in the Canadian Navy at some point.

I think the more females entering into politics will no doubt help initiate that area to include the female in operational combat duties.

Anyway I wish you all the best in whatever you do in Canada.

Journo_Pete's photo
Fri 05/21/10 07:48 AM

the worst thing that I can remember doing as a kid, and I still regret it to this day because I knew better, was to ask one ot the less than attractive girls in school if she would be my girlfriend. when she asked "really?", I said without empathy "NO."

not my best moment.

. . .

I would have been so relieved when you said no if I was the female being asked based on the picture in your profile lol.

Journo_Pete's photo
Thu 05/20/10 01:49 AM
I was a bad kid, hitchhiking at the age of 5 on the way home from school along a busy highway walking ahead of my mother who freaked out when a bloke stopped to pick me up.

In Australia before laws came into ban fireworks I would place penny bangers into people's letter boxes and watch them blow the box just about off it's post.

My family use to visit friends on a farm who had this outdoor toilet block with a old toilet system with a pull chain to flush. An elderly lady who had a stroke lived there as well and would use this toilet often. At the back of the toilet block there was this 150mm gap for an air vent between the roof and the building. One day I sneaked up behind the toilet block, stood on a chair, reached up in the gap and pushed the flush mechanism to which the old lady gave a yelp of surprise. I was only tenblushing

I am not like that now which is probably a good thing considering I work in aged care nursing while not studying.

Journo_Pete's photo
Wed 05/19/10 05:29 PM
Cool I can detract my detraction now:smile: just kidding. Glad it is where it should be thx.

Journo_Pete's photo
Wed 05/19/10 04:21 PM
My apologies for placing this message in the wrong forum section as I only joined when I wrote it. I guess in journalism that is called a detraction meaning I stuffed up.noway blushing

It was a topic out of interest in seeing how our western culture way of thinking has changed from when I was young. In the third world countries various documentaries still show the male to be dominant within their tribes or communities today.

I can't talk about other countries but I know Australia has been drifting towards a more balanced society that includes the female which has not always been the case. This year in the last couple of months there were news reports to bring the female wages to be equal to the male sector in corporate areas.

I guess it was from that mind set that I could expect to be propositioned by a female rather than me doing the honors for a change which should also apply in real life outside of this Mingle venue.

If there is a way to move this topic discussion to the right location on Mingle let me know and I will do what I can.

Pete.

Journo_Pete's photo
Wed 05/19/10 07:54 AM
Edited by Journo_Pete on Wed 05/19/10 07:58 AM
Id be quite happy to stay at home and do domestics for a change and watch days of our lives. Well perhaps not days of our lives:wink:

I could duck off down to the beach for a spot of fishing for the evening meal tooshades

Although having an income does allow you to plan for different things of interest.

Journo_Pete's photo
Wed 05/19/10 04:36 AM
Thank you all for sharing your views.

Journo_Pete's photo
Tue 05/18/10 07:26 AM
Hi! :smile:

I sometimes wonder if our world of men leaders will slowly change in time to see women take the main role of responsibility. In Australia there has been an increase of female politicians taking leading roles in their parties. In the business world there are many capable females who are running the executive administration side of companies and are doing well in that role.

On a personal view point I don't mind at all as I have worked under quite a few female CEO's who are quite capable of managing business operations.

I suppose in the heavy industrial areas of work you would have more males than females.

The reason I mentioned the above is will the male figure in time become the one who is being asked for a date by a female instead of the traditional role of the male doing the asking.

Would the females prefer that role, or would they prefer males to keep doing what they have been doing in the romance department.

Just curious for your genuine remarks "not trashy comments" would be great.

Pete.