made: 2 days pass by not smoking any cigarrets

Ruined: nothing so far

mmasri's photo
Fri 04/30/10 06:24 PM
made: got my self a nicorette Inhaler

Ruined: its not exactly like a cigarette

mmasri's photo
Fri 04/30/10 12:14 PM
I will conceder some of the idea's in "iam4u" post but I would like to debate with you more on that topic in a later post.
And change the "Female" to hmm "girl" in my profile.
this sounds good, as for spelling and grammar, hum I did run it though Microsoft Word 2007, but I will see if I can get one of my friends to help me more with it "or go back to school" that is a must to learn proper English.

as for Pics hum ok I will post some Pics I have on Facebook to start out with, most of them are over 2 years old.

any idea's to what kind of pics should I post?

Like web cam pics?
pics with friends "I have none taken"

Places, wear wise, any ideas?

mmasri's photo
Fri 04/30/10 12:03 PM
Thanks, I will try that later today.

SUSE wow I haven’t herd or seen SUSE from 2005, How is it?
do you use it for your every day computing?

I actually used, centos, and debian for my "pre configured" server testing.

as will Fedora and Ubuntu for Desktop, I tried installing SUSE cannot remember what kernel was running at the time..

Actuly I like Fedora more, but I format allot "bad luck with things"

and some times I go back to windows XP, so I can use Dreamweaver to do some PHP development in an easy environment.

and did not find a great editor such as Dreamweaver on Linux.

a side from that, Ubuntu comes with Gnome and an auto updater, or how can i say it, it would search and install for MP3 codec’s on its own, while in fedora I had to really learn allot of things to get MP3 to work, which was great, but then going to XP for a year then going back to Fedora makes it hard to re-learn how to configure MP3

For example this Original POST I managed to do it at some point 3 month back the road, but having difficulty doing it again.

I read somewhere that Fedora has a built in feature that allows you to share the internet between Wla0 and Eth0 as simple as you would do it in XP.

Any ways, how is Suse? Would you recommend it for every day task?

I think it uses the same Red-Hat system?
Which is basically for those who did not know:

1- "Red Hat" == "Fedora" == "Centos"
2- "Debian" != "Ubuntu" but Ubuntu is made from Debian.

For small details about the main differences kindly check the following link posted by a hosting Company I rent Servers from:

http://xlhost.com/operatingsystems.php

mmasri's photo
Fri 04/30/10 11:50 AM
List the things that made your day, as will ruined your day.

Made: Fixed my laptop

Ruined: I wook-up at 7:30am insted of 6, which made me miss some internet calls.

mmasri's photo
Thu 04/29/10 07:35 PM
Thank you
Tessa02
" ill at ease in the pic " I don't really understand what that means?

Thank you
OKCUTIE67

Thank you
Fade2Black

Thank you Tammy xox

I will try to post more pictures, I am camera shy, or more less I hate taking pictures unless I have to for ID, but for all your lovely faces I will post some more.

mmasri's photo
Thu 04/29/10 07:13 PM
Thank you.

Now I will try to explain my problem in more detials:

PC1 == "Ubuntu Linux 9.04"

PC1 has:
1- WAN card
2- NIC card "with smart capability" meaning if the connection is strait or corss it will do the internal cable switch on its own.

PC2 == "Linksys PAP2-T" == "VOIP Adapter" == "Not real PC"

now the main Access Point is far in the basement.

I need to Provide PC2 with internet from PC1, so that I can use the VOIP device.

I hope that makes things more clear?
as for my MAIN post, that was just the solution I would use for this problem if I was running a Microsoft Windows O.S
and I mentioned that example to see if there is a way as easy as that on LINUX

mmasri's photo
Thu 04/29/10 02:41 AM
No, I haven't installed or configured any Samba or NFS yet.

mmasri's photo
Wed 04/28/10 05:03 PM
yes if I was useing windows XP and I hade my network setup that way, I should be able to ping 192.168.0.1

but on UBuntu, when I try to setup a network sharing system. I cannot even get eth0 to ether act as a router, or even configure both eth0 on Local Computer, and eth0 on Second computer to share the same LAN.

mmasri's photo
Wed 04/28/10 03:55 PM
What do you think about my profile?
what do you think its missing?
what needs to be taken out?

mmasri's photo
Wed 04/28/10 03:50 PM
Ah I hope some one can give me a good solution for sharing my internet, under windows XP I can do it in 2 ways, when I have internet commng from my wireless network:

1- Righ click the network point to properties and click on share network.
it should make my NIC IP:
ip: 192.168.0.1
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
default gateway: "nothing"

and basically I would set the IP statically on the other Computers NIC to:
IP: 192.168.0.2 "or any number from 2 to 244 "
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
default gateway: 192.168.0.1 "same ip as the main computer"

but now I am running Ubuntu, and I have tryed installing dhcp3-server, firestarter and many other things going with the manual one by one, but I cannot seem to find an easy solution to give internet from my eth0 to other NIC's on a strait cable.

mmasri's photo
Wed 04/28/10 03:04 PM
www.edayjordan.com
they have 24 hours 7 days a week phone support line .