Community > Posts By > Headroller

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 10:01 PM
ti gnitah dna elgnis

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:56 PM
"Scalpel. Burrito. Suture. Alright, we just did the first surgical feeding! High five!"

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 09:50 PM
Soooo, how bout them Padres?

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 02:26 PM
Hello ladies. Take a look at my profile please and tell me what you think.

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 01:36 PM
Lets see if a noob can kill this thread... whoa

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 01:30 PM
Edited by Headroller on Tue 06/01/10 01:30 PM

More than likely your anterior tibialis aka dorsi-flexor muscle and or the tendon is weak. It’s the little muscle over the shin that pulls your foot up. When you feel pain in the shin bone (tibia) that is a result from damage or injury to the muscles and tendons attached to the bone.

There are some exercises to strengthen the area I copied from my data base (I’m a fitness trainer):

Standing Toe Flexes:
Stand with the balls of your feet on the edge of a step and your heels extending over the edge. Your feet should be parallel to the floor. You can use an aerobic step or stand on the bottom step of a staircase. Slowly lower your heels toward the floor--slowly count to five to time the descent. You should feel a gentle stretch in your calf muscle and you should feel the muscles in the front of your shin contracting. Lower as far as you can but do not touch the floor. At the end of the motion, rise up onto your tip-toes in one explosive motion. Hold for one second the lower your heels back to the starting position. Repeat five to ten times.

Seated Dorsiflexion:
Sit on a chair with your knees bent 90 degrees. Rest the heel of your left foot on top of the toes of your right foot. Lift the toes of your left foot toward the ceiling while gently resisting with your right foot. Repeat five to ten times on each leg.

Hero Pose:
Kneel on a yoga mat with your shins and the tops of your feet flat on the floor. Keep your knees together and spread your feet apart so that your lower legs form a "V" wide enough for you to sit between. Sit back between your feet. If the stretch is too deep or puts strain on your knees, sit on a book, pillow or yoga block. Hold this pose for 30 seconds.

Reclining Half Hero Pose:
Sit on a yoga mat with both legs extended. Bend your left foot back so that your shin rests on the floor and the sole of your left foot faces the ceiling. Lean back on your elbows to stretch the quads and shin muscles. If you can, try lying flat on your back. Hold this pose for 30 seconds, release your left leg and shake it out. Alternate to your right leg. Increase intensity by starting in full hero pose and laying back into full reclining hero pose. Do not attempt full reclining hero pose unless you are able to sit comfortably in hero pose without support.

Useful writeup, thanks Melody! A friend got these while we were half-way through a 3-week backpacking trip, not a fun vacation for her. Wish I knew about these stretches before.

Sadly, no such trips this summer, just beach, sleep, beach, sleep, summer session of college, sleep.

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 04:42 AM
Edited by Headroller on Tue 06/01/10 04:44 AM
This is an awesome thread. laugh

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 04:25 AM
When school is in session, I usually clock out no later than 12. And now, its almost 430 am.... laugh

To late night posting!

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 04:23 AM
I'm new here so I'll keep this short. I agree that lying is an integral part of our lives, part of our need for it has been the ability to reason out with enough time any lie in many circumstances. That said, is it good to lie about that "friend" of yours to your spouse/sig. other? We could draw anecdotal evidence all day long for both sides, but the fact is that lying is something that is called for in certain situations at the discretion of the potential liar.

Also, diverting conversation is a cheap trick not that much above lying. I think it could actually cause MORE stress in a relationship by leaving loose ends and emotions to build up. While one good lie can fix that, giving both people some peace of mind, however fake it is.

That wasn't short at all...spock

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 03:58 AM
That is one cool bear.

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 03:49 AM

easy chicks in san diego? I must not be getting them drunk enough.

Too true. Even when they are drunk enough they manage to change their minds before anything happens. laugh

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 03:44 AM
Yelooooo minglers!

Headroller's photo
Tue 06/01/10 03:40 AM
Darn good advice bedlum. This site doesnt seem all that bad...

1 3 Next