Community > Posts By > Headroller

Headroller's photo
Sat 06/05/10 12:11 AM
served!

Headroller's photo
Sat 06/05/10 12:10 AM
Edited by Headroller on Sat 06/05/10 12:11 AM
Well she's right on one point, they went to Israel as occupiers...
Seriously, because an ethnicity was nearly wiped out in Europe, that legitimizes pushing out native and forming their own country? spock

*brace for bashing*

Headroller's photo
Sat 06/05/10 12:02 AM
crush

Headroller's photo
Fri 06/04/10 11:46 PM

Small claims court!

I second this, you can kick her face after!

Headroller's photo
Fri 06/04/10 12:25 AM
sore

Headroller's photo
Fri 06/04/10 12:23 AM
photoshop pro

Headroller's photo
Fri 06/04/10 12:16 AM
Beg a couple coin for a long distance call. If that ain't an option... then I start my life devoted to finding out wtf happened and who killed my family. mad

Headroller's photo
Fri 06/04/10 12:12 AM
Gantz, Bleach, Elfin Lied... thats about all the ones I remember. I mostly read manga in the past.

Headroller's photo
Thu 06/03/10 12:01 AM
For hosting **** fights

Headroller's photo
Wed 06/02/10 11:42 PM
I was in grade school. Turned on the TV to watch morning cartoons before going to school, new channel came on before I switched to the toons, but my parents asked me to turn it back in time to see the first tower fall. Scary day.

Headroller's photo
Wed 06/02/10 11:34 PM
All of this makes me wonder if we'll be seeing either of them on mingle... Nah!

kc, we could make decisions to help everyone but the violent division caused by mudslinging makes this impossible. Even when politicians look past the mud, their supporters cry out in outrage. Maybe it's not a cause, but it's a symptom of why we can't get along as a country.

Headroller's photo
Wed 06/02/10 02:11 AM
Damn right! laugh

Headroller's photo
Wed 06/02/10 02:07 AM
Helluva way to start off the day there jerseygirl laugh

cheers! drinker

Headroller's photo
Wed 06/02/10 02:04 AM
rofl

Headroller's photo
Wed 06/02/10 02:00 AM
Nice! Good structure change at the end

Headroller's photo
Wed 06/02/10 01:51 AM
Break out the nightcaps already! Though I can't say much, didn't even sleep last night.

Headroller's photo
Wed 06/02/10 01:47 AM
Point to kc, ya beat me to it.

But even if we split it up to say, a three or four party system, we'll still have every party slinging mud; both politicians and commentators. It's the "American Way" sad2

Headroller's photo
Wed 06/02/10 01:34 AM
Sleep be damned! The night is for damn mischief.

Headroller's photo
Wed 06/02/10 01:27 AM
Edited by Headroller on Wed 06/02/10 01:29 AM

But the best post one I can find is: (originally posted on Pitzer College's site)
Based on a careful assessment of the most recent survey data available, we find that somewhere between 500,000,000 and 750,000,000 humans currently do not believe in God. Such figures render any suggestion that theism is innate or neurologically based untenable. The nations with the highest degrees of organic atheism (atheism which is not state-enforced through totalitarian regimes but emerges naturally among free societies) include most of the nations of Europe, as well as Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Israel. There also exist high degrees of atheism in Japan, Vietnam, North Korea, and Taiwan. Many former Soviet nations, such as Estonia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and Belarus also contain significant levels of atheism. Atheism is virtually non-existent in much of the world, however, especially among the most populated nations of Africa, South America, the Middle East, and much of Asia. High levels of organic atheism are strongly correlated with high levels of societal health, such as low homicide rates, low poverty rates, low infant mortality rates, and low illiteracy rates, as well as high levels of educational attainment, per capita income, and gender equality. Most nations characterized by high degrees of individual and societal security have the highest rates of organic atheism, and conversely, nations characterized by low degrees of individual and societal security have the lowest rates of organic atheism. In some societies, particularly Europe, atheism is growing. However, throughout much of the world – particularly nations with high birth rates – atheism is barely discernible.

Sounds familiar, I think I may have run across that study in school. You guys have to be careful though to keep in mind the apparent correlation between theism and social health in this quote only points to a relationship, not a cause. One could argue that in the nations developing technologically faster are facing declining crime and social pestilence because these indicators of societal health are being solved and eliminated. Conversely, one could argue that in areas that were colonized by Europe and the U.S. are facing more social health problems because of the nature of economic trade developed there. But also there is a strong religious presence in those countries, be it in violent reaction to outsiders (the Middle East) or the product of forced conversion (Africa, S. America).

Keeping on topic, I'm an agnostic myself. There's something there, but I'll be damned if I'll believe to stories thousands of years old, especially considering Man's scam artist streak.

Headroller's photo
Wed 06/02/10 01:11 AM
Save the thread!

Yeah, I've noticed some of the same people are on different sites I've tried, but not all. I guess SD people are more committed to their one dating site...