Community > Posts By > PhoenixRisingNC

PhoenixRisingNC's photo
Mon 01/07/08 10:10 AM
It would be a good Idea to make a system restore point before you start messing with graphics drivers (or any system critical device actually) That way if you do run into some wierd problem you have a known good point to go back to. Additionally you can also use F8 and boot up in safe mode if things don't go well then do a system restore. Also before you install the card I would just go to the new cards www site and dowload the most recent video driver right from the start, as sometimes you can have the same sort of problems when you update the driver later on, so it's best to start-off with the latest one.

PhoenixRisingNC's photo
Mon 01/07/08 09:59 AM
I've not gotten the Sims 2, just the original with many add-ins. My daughter loved the game but it was a real resource hog, and poorly coded, as in you install add in packs and then it no longer works right / locks up etc. What made it worse was that I noticed after installing the series that her system has become much less stable too. That being said I won't do any of the PC based Sims games from here on out.

PhoenixRisingNC's photo
Thu 12/27/07 08:29 PM
blushing Thanks... No choice in the matter here <--- INTJ

PhoenixRisingNC's photo
Thu 12/27/07 09:20 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I have known several muslim's that I would be grateful to call my friends, as well as pagan's christian's, jew's and people of just about any other faith. There are extremists everywhere and from every faith, and throughout history more human atrocities have been carried out in the name of the Almighty be it God, Allah or any other than for any other single reason. So the problem is not faith... but extremism, which is a whole different topic in how it is bred and festers that I won't go into here. Milan

PhoenixRisingNC's photo
Thu 12/27/07 09:03 AM
Not to throw mud in the water for anyone's sense of security, but In reading your post the following thougth occured to me...

Ok, I'll buy the no-gap= Two Way Mirror.
The reason for this is because normally the coating on a two way mirror is on the outside vs. the inside of the glass as with a regular mirror.
However, just because you can see a gap I would not be absolutely certain that the mirror is not a two way, as what if it is a laminated two way (if they make such a thing)or a two way mirror with another piece of glass overtop? If that were the case the mirror would pass the fingernail test, but still ba a two way mirror. Please keep in mind I've not checked to see if laminated two ways are available or for that matter if putting another peice of glass in front of a two way would have some negative effect that would make it unusable or readily detectable. But I would be hesitant to trust something like this completely.

PhoenixRisingNC's photo
Thu 12/27/07 08:04 AM
Love photography here too, though I don't get as much of an opportunity to be creative as I like. For anyone interested I have a work in progress online gallery that I add to as time permits (more creative type stuff than the family photo gig).

http://etherialone.zenfolio.com/

PhoenixRisingNC's photo
Thu 12/27/07 07:50 AM
LOL sounds like an old line I once heard a comedian say in a routine about dating lines and their real meaning...

"But I have so much Love to give!" Translation- "I am an emotional Vampire and will suck the life out of You!"

PhoenixRisingNC's photo
Wed 11/28/07 01:37 PM
I'm no exptert on dating, actually I pretty much stink at the whole "Dating Game", but some thought on it based on what you have posted are that it sounds to me like your thinking too much. I would suggest perhaps doing a little research on yourself to understand why you feel and react the way you do, and be comfortable in being yourself. One really good test out there is the Briggs Meyers? personality type test, very informative indeed. There's a free version at http://similarminds.com/personality_tests.html
The 53 question "Short Test" under Jung Tests is good starting point. I'm a type INTJ, and it really fits, explains a lot. There are also forums out there for people of the same personality types which can also help out. Milan

PhoenixRisingNC's photo
Fri 08/10/07 10:04 PM
Scorpio - Nov 21st LOL and if you're into that sort of stuff Tiger by the Chinese and an INTJ <wink>

PhoenixRisingNC's photo
Mon 07/16/07 08:25 PM
Hi, new to just say hi and just saying Hi, I'm a 44yo single parent with an 11 and a 5 yo, living in the sandhills area of the state. Other than that if youd like to chat etc. drop me a line. Milan