Community > Posts By > MissBehaving

MissBehaving's photo
Tue 12/18/07 10:41 AM

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyouflowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

From my :heart: to yours........

Merry Christmas, JSH!!!

Danni :wink:

:heart: to you, N2S

MissB

MissBehaving's photo
Tue 12/18/07 10:13 AM

Do you remember in elementary school they would call your name and you had to say "present"

so..

"Present"

bigsmile

MissBehaving's photo
Tue 12/18/07 10:12 AM

** clears throat, and assumes the " I'm really important " stance .. MORNING ...( best Monty Pythin voice) ..laugh laugh and welcome to JSH ... its an alright place ..

LOL at TTO laugh - you so cute laugh

Hello Grey
Hello and welcome Piston

Big wave from the west coast flowerforyou

MissBehaving's photo
Tue 12/18/07 10:02 AM

Hi Canada!!!drinker

Would that be "diet" chocolate Miss B???:wink: laugh laugh :tongue:

Of course! There are no calories on special holidays and birthdaysbigsmile

Riiiight?

MissBehaving's photo
Tue 12/18/07 09:56 AM

"You're not too smart. I like that in a man"
Body Heat

"Hakuna Matata"
Lion King

bigsmile

MissBehaving's photo
Tue 12/18/07 09:44 AM
<--- Would definitely stalk Chuck laugh laugh laugh

<--- I'm invisible

bigsmile

MissBehaving's photo
Tue 12/18/07 09:07 AM

Miss You
54-40

*sigh* and I don't even know you *long sigh*

ohwell

MissBehaving's photo
Tue 12/18/07 08:51 AM

ooppps... got the word forgetfuls today ...
I STILL SEE IT everyday ... DOH ... more beers for me I guess.. laugh

(TTO)) flowerforyou :heart:

((CANADA)) :heart: smooched

One more day ohwell

There are many boxes of chocolate around the office - oh boy... and we NEED to eat them before the holiday so they don't "go bad" laugh

MissBehaving's photo
Mon 12/17/07 02:50 PM

bigsmile :tongue:

MissBehaving's photo
Mon 12/17/07 02:46 PM

Cancer agency applauds anti-smoking bylaw
by Canadian Press
HALIFAX - A move by a small Nova Scotia town to ban smoking in vehicles carrying children is being applauded by the Canadian Cancer Society, which dismissed criticism that the law is too intrusive by citing the evolution of anti-smoking laws across the country.
The town council of Wolfville, about a hour's drive north of Halifax, made history Monday evening as all seven councillors voted in favour of the bylaw - the first of its kind in Canada.
Meg McCallum, a spokeswoman for the cancer agency, said the bylaw is part of a societal shift that began years ago when similar bans were placed on airplanes followed by workplaces, restaurants and bars across much of Canada.
"It's all about what's best for children and youth," she said from Halifax. "This is part of evolving to a culture where being tobacco-free is the norm."
The law, expected to come into effect June 1, 2008, would prohibit exposing children under 18 to second-hand smoke in a vehicle.
Nova Scotia already has a ban on smoking in public places - Wolfville led the way on that front, too.
And according to Health Canada, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec have since enacted similar laws.
Wolfville Mayor Bob Stead has insisted the law is not about "hunting for people who are violating the bylaw," but raising awareness.
"For the most part, it's a matter of bringing to people's attention the health risks that are associated with smoking in cars, particularly for children," he said in a recent interview.
The town plans to launch an educational campaign this week to warn residents about the new bylaw and draw attention to the harm caused by second-hand smoke in vehicles.
But the bylaw will not be just a token for the anti-smoking movement, the mayor said.
First-time offenders can expect a warning, but a subsequent offence will result in a fine of about $50, or possibly more.
"If we come across it, we will react appropriately," he said, adding that the RCMP will help enforce the bylaw.
Signs will be posted at entry points into the community - a popular tourist destination - to make motorists aware of the law.
On the other side of the debate, McCallum acknowledged the law could prompt concerns about the infringement of civil liberties - as did seatbelt legislation many years ago.
"(People asked) ÔIsn't this a violation of my right? Shouldn't I be able to do what I want in my own vehicle?'," she said. "Yet that legislation is now long-standing, and there are very few individuals who would question putting on a seatbelt in a car."
As of late last week, the town had received nine letters and e-mails in support of the new bylaw and four opposed - two from Ontario and two from Nova Scotia, each one arguing that the bylaw would be too intrusive.
The mayor said he hoped the bylaw will put pressure on other jurisdictions to follow suit.
Lucas Wide, a spokesman for Nova Scotia's Health Promotion Department, said town council in Wolfville has the right to enact the bylaw, but the province has no plans to do the same.
"We're going to monitor the situation and see how it develops," he said
"We're certainly not even at that point yet where we're looking or have begun discussions with the Department of Justice ... as to how it could potentially work."
Laws banning smoking in vehicles with children are already in place in parts of the United States and Australia, according to the Canadian Cancer Society.
McCallum said the bylaw could not only improve the health of children, but discourage them from picking up the habit themselves.
The concentration of second-hand smoke, which has been linked to asthma, sudden infant death syndrome and cancers, is higher in a vehicle than in a larger space such as a bar or restaurant, the cancer agency says.
And forget about rolling down a window for ventilation.
"It just pushes more of the smoke back into the backseat," said McCallum.
"(Children's) respiratory systems are less developed and their respiratory rates are higher, so they're

bigsmile

OOOPS blushing here's the rest...

..."(Children's) respiratory systems are less developed and their respiratory rates are higher, so they're breathing quicker and taking in more of the toxins."

MissBehaving's photo
Mon 12/17/07 02:42 PM

huh

..don't agree...

MissBehaving's photo
Mon 12/17/07 02:41 PM

Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man

glasses

MissBehaving's photo
Mon 12/17/07 02:25 PM
Cancer agency applauds anti-smoking bylaw
by Canadian Press
HALIFAX - A move by a small Nova Scotia town to ban smoking in vehicles carrying children is being applauded by the Canadian Cancer Society, which dismissed criticism that the law is too intrusive by citing the evolution of anti-smoking laws across the country.
The town council of Wolfville, about a hour's drive north of Halifax, made history Monday evening as all seven councillors voted in favour of the bylaw - the first of its kind in Canada.
Meg McCallum, a spokeswoman for the cancer agency, said the bylaw is part of a societal shift that began years ago when similar bans were placed on airplanes followed by workplaces, restaurants and bars across much of Canada.
"It's all about what's best for children and youth," she said from Halifax. "This is part of evolving to a culture where being tobacco-free is the norm."
The law, expected to come into effect June 1, 2008, would prohibit exposing children under 18 to second-hand smoke in a vehicle.
Nova Scotia already has a ban on smoking in public places - Wolfville led the way on that front, too.
And according to Health Canada, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec have since enacted similar laws.
Wolfville Mayor Bob Stead has insisted the law is not about "hunting for people who are violating the bylaw," but raising awareness.
"For the most part, it's a matter of bringing to people's attention the health risks that are associated with smoking in cars, particularly for children," he said in a recent interview.
The town plans to launch an educational campaign this week to warn residents about the new bylaw and draw attention to the harm caused by second-hand smoke in vehicles.
But the bylaw will not be just a token for the anti-smoking movement, the mayor said.
First-time offenders can expect a warning, but a subsequent offence will result in a fine of about $50, or possibly more.
"If we come across it, we will react appropriately," he said, adding that the RCMP will help enforce the bylaw.
Signs will be posted at entry points into the community - a popular tourist destination - to make motorists aware of the law.
On the other side of the debate, McCallum acknowledged the law could prompt concerns about the infringement of civil liberties - as did seatbelt legislation many years ago.
"(People asked) ÔIsn't this a violation of my right? Shouldn't I be able to do what I want in my own vehicle?'," she said. "Yet that legislation is now long-standing, and there are very few individuals who would question putting on a seatbelt in a car."
As of late last week, the town had received nine letters and e-mails in support of the new bylaw and four opposed - two from Ontario and two from Nova Scotia, each one arguing that the bylaw would be too intrusive.
The mayor said he hoped the bylaw will put pressure on other jurisdictions to follow suit.
Lucas Wide, a spokesman for Nova Scotia's Health Promotion Department, said town council in Wolfville has the right to enact the bylaw, but the province has no plans to do the same.
"We're going to monitor the situation and see how it develops," he said
"We're certainly not even at that point yet where we're looking or have begun discussions with the Department of Justice ... as to how it could potentially work."
Laws banning smoking in vehicles with children are already in place in parts of the United States and Australia, according to the Canadian Cancer Society.
McCallum said the bylaw could not only improve the health of children, but discourage them from picking up the habit themselves.
The concentration of second-hand smoke, which has been linked to asthma, sudden infant death syndrome and cancers, is higher in a vehicle than in a larger space such as a bar or restaurant, the cancer agency says.
And forget about rolling down a window for ventilation.
"It just pushes more of the smoke back into the backseat," said McCallum.
"(Children's) respiratory systems are less developed and their respiratory rates are higher, so they're

bigsmile

MissBehaving's photo
Mon 12/17/07 11:23 AM

I prefer to call it "cosmic irony", but by a religious standpoint, no. I don't. But sometimes it can be pretty damn funny.

:wink: Well said

MissBehaving's photo
Mon 12/17/07 09:57 AM

PF -- I've seem the news about the flooding and "yucky" stuff ( new meteorological term :tongue: ) going on in PG... flowerforyou

Morning Canada bigsmile :tongue:

MissBehaving's photo
Mon 12/17/07 09:54 AM

PG

No real bad experience to speak of..I've alwasy wondered why the baristas at St******s alwasy look at the customers as if to say "you're wasting my time...WHAT do you want"

laugh :wink:

MissBehaving's photo
Sat 12/15/07 06:11 PM

Blue Christmas
Porky Pig :tongue:

Hi Shadowdogglasses bigsmile

MissBehaving's photo
Sat 12/15/07 06:09 PM

Going to look for trouble now

:tongue:

MissBehaving's photo
Sat 12/15/07 06:04 PM