pryncessdarknyss's photo
Thu 12/18/08 07:29 AM
Depends on HOW cocky. Confidence is a good thing. Arrogance is not.

pryncessdarknyss's photo
Thu 12/18/08 07:24 AM

Well the Drs' are still saying Z'Anna's hearing is fine ,but I'm still not so sure. Even if her hearing is like her vision something is going on. Her poor brain may just be not registaring the sounds, but I as a parent would rather know that than be told it's fine and there really be something wrong that can be corrected. Am I wrong for feeling this way?

First, Z'anna is a gorgeous name!

Second, even if it takes 5 different medical opinions, get them. The stress we have over worrying about our SN children is already enough to tear you down. If you have added worry because you feel she has a problem that isn't being addressed properly, get as many opinions as it takes to calm your fear or get something done about it. Doctors are not always right.

My daughter was born 5 weeks early with a birth defect called an omphalocele. It's where her stomach, liver, bladder, intestines, and kidneys were out of her abdomen and protruded into her umbilical cord. The entire reduction, including two surgeries to close her belly, should have taken, "at the most", 4 weeks. 4 weeks in the NICU for a baby with a 1 in 4000 birth defect? Of course I was excited and amazed by what they can do medically these days.

She was in the NICU for 17 weeks. The surgeon that "fixed" her abdomen admitted that he nicked her diaphragm and lungs during surgery-- 3 weeks later! The nick in her lungs sealed itself. The diaphragm was permanently paralyzed, requiring ANOTHER surgery to tack it down so that her lungs don't collapse when she tries to breathe. They tried to take my daughter off the vent 5 different times before they realized something wasn't right. And the surgeon just smiled politely and said how beautiful she was for THREE WEEKS before telling me what he had done.

Now, even after she miraculously didn't have Downs or SB (which is usually the case with omphaloceles), she has to deal with respiratory issues. And she breathes so rapidly that it burns all her calories and she can't gain weight properly. She's 10 1/2 months and just 15 lbs. None of this would have been the case had the surgeon not screwed up.

So, doctors are NOT always right. They're not going to catch every little thing. Spiderman has spidey-sense. You have mommy-sense. If you feel something's not right, please, do what you have to do to either get it recognized or set your mind at ease about it.

pryncessdarknyss's photo
Thu 12/18/08 07:00 AM

dude if you want to meet women, you have to post about how large you are in the sex and dating forum. i hear that works extremely well

Except for the fact that this is the internet.

Disclaimer: Objects in a man's hand seem larger to him than they actually appear.

Just sayin...

pryncessdarknyss's photo
Mon 07/09/07 07:24 PM
I have the strangest plans for my wedding. It's called a preacher, a prayer, and a one way ticket outta Lucedale. :tongue:

I did the big wedding. The gigantic train, the flowers, the food, the music, the blah blah blah. The only thing I remember now about that day is the kiss.

And the fact that they dropped my wedding cake... nice sign, eh? laugh

pryncessdarknyss's photo
Mon 07/09/07 07:19 PM
Ya'll got good ones. I got stuck with Amber Waves of Grain in school. And my MawMaw said I was the spawn of Lucifer when I was a teenager, so... pryncess of darknyss. Heh

pryncessdarknyss's photo
Mon 07/09/07 07:17 PM
I've recently discovered Jolly Rancher Rocks. Oh my garage those are good.

Can't keep from chewing them, though. lol