Community > Posts By > brandynicole

no photo
Thu 11/27/08 06:59 AM
Edited by brandynicole on Thu 11/27/08 07:01 AM

what is everyones favorite Ballon Snoopy has always been my favorite

Hello Kitty.....will she be in the parade this year?

no photo
Thu 11/27/08 06:57 AM
The parade just officially arrived in Herald Square.

no photo
Thu 11/27/08 06:56 AM

It's not on here yet, tv says 9am - 12, so just a few more minutes for us.

Ohh I am eastern time. I've been watching for the last hour.

no photo
Thu 11/27/08 06:49 AM
The parade will be in Herald Square in 10minutes. The Rockettes are on right now on NBC..

I love the Rockettes!

no photo
Thu 11/27/08 06:47 AM
It has always been a tradition in my house to watch the Macy's parade every year. I always so look forward to it. I am loving the performances so far. The Little Mermaid cast was just on.

no photo
Thu 11/27/08 06:43 AM
Anyone else watching?

no photo
Thu 11/27/08 04:57 AM

I made a Cherry Dessert, Deviled Eggs and Brocoli Salad tonight. Thats all I have to cook so I can relax tommorow and let the rest of the fmaily do all the cooking.

Shoot, you reminded me I had tried this awesome Broccoli salad at a family party last month that I wanted to make for Thanksgiving. It had raisins and a sweeter dressing on it. Alas, I have no Broccoli. Oh well, I will make it for Christmas. Remind me, will ya?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving. =)

That sounds like the same recipe I am using brocoli, green onions, raisins, bacon, mayo, apple cider vinegar & sugar. Yummy!

no photo
Wed 11/26/08 08:58 PM
I made a Cherry Dessert, Deviled Eggs and Brocoli Salad tonight. Thats all I have to cook so I can relax tommorow and let the rest of the fmaily do all the cooking.

no photo
Tue 11/25/08 09:36 PM
I watched the movie online tonight with my Sister and it was SOOOOOOOOOOO good. I will definetly be reading the books now.

no photo
Tue 11/25/08 09:19 PM
Edited by brandynicole on Tue 11/25/08 09:20 PM
I am most thankful for my Sister. She has been there for me when noone else has been and she has been accepting and forgiving of all my faults. She is only 12 and cannot understand the impact she has had in my life she has saved me so many times from going off the edge.

I am also thankful for the many people I have had the pleasure of getting to know this year since being active on this site.
I am thankful for my wonderful family and everything they do for me. Even when I am a total know it all b*tch.

no photo
Tue 11/25/08 08:28 PM
Kenny Chesney ... its hard to pick a favorite I guess Thats Why I'm Here, What I Need To Do, Somewhere In The Sun and Better As A Memory are at the top of the list.

Dwight Yoakam ... Try Not To Look So Pretty

Lorrie Morgan ... Good As I Was To You

no photo
Tue 11/25/08 06:19 PM
Alex Parks - Mad World

no photo
Tue 11/25/08 06:07 PM
Good news for all you chocoholics: Eating chocolate does not cause pimples. Skin care experts agree that acne is not caused by any specific food, including French fries, candy, soda, or potato chips.

The real acne causes are a buildup of dead skin cells within the pore, an excess of skin oil (called sebum), and a proliferation of acne-causing bacteria. None of these factors are triggered by the foods we eat.

Probably the biggest myth of all is that eating greasy foods causes your skin to produce more oil. Greasy foods, while not really good for your health, will not cause oily skin or produce pimples. In fact, hormonal changes within the body have the greatest impact on sebum production. The predisposition toward oily skin can also be hereditary. So if your parents have oily skin, you probably will too.
There is no direct link between any specific food to the development of pimples.

no photo
Tue 11/25/08 05:56 PM
Edited by brandynicole on Tue 11/25/08 05:56 PM
My Sister uses proactiv and so do a few of her friends and it seems to work really well.

Thank Geebz ive never had any trouble with acne.

no photo
Tue 11/25/08 05:51 PM
Edited by brandynicole on Tue 11/25/08 06:18 PM
:smile:

no photo
Tue 11/25/08 05:17 PM
Edited by brandynicole on Tue 11/25/08 05:37 PM
I heard this song not to long ago on Celebrity Rehab and really liked it. I think there is probably someone in all of our lives that we wonder who will help them carry on when we are gone. For me it is my Mother and this song makes me think of her.

I also really like Alter Bridge and don't think they get enough attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lIdymq0DZc

Watch Over You

Leaves are on the ground
Fall has come
Blue skies turning grey
Like my love

I tried to carry you
And make you whole
But it was never enough
I must go

[Chorus:]
Who is gonna save you
When I'm gone?
And who'll watch over you
When I'm gone?

You say you care for me
But hide it well
How can you love someone
And not yourself?

[Chorus]

And when I'm gone
Who'll break your fall?
Who will you blame?

I can't go on
And let you lose it all
It's more than I can take
Who'll ease your pain?
Ease your pain

[Chorus:]
Who is gonna save you
When I'm gone?
Who'll watch over you?
Who will give you strength
When you're not strong?
Who'll watch over you
When I've gone away?

Snow is on the ground
Winters come
You long to hear my voice
But I'm long gone

I also found this version featuring Christina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frELdGRVEy0

no photo
Tue 11/25/08 11:52 AM
David Cook - Lights On

no photo
Tue 11/25/08 11:39 AM
My family loves sweet potatoes and for Thanksgiving this year I am trying out this recipe from Paula Deen.

Stuffed Sweet Potato Balls

Ingredients
4 large sweet potatoes
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
2 cups shredded coconut, sweetened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large marshmallow per potato ball

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Bake the potatoes until tender, then peel and mash them. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, zest and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, toss the coconut with the sugar and cinnamon. Press mashed potatoes around each marshmallow, creating a 2 to 3-inch diameter ball. Roll the balls in the coconut mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully for the last few minutes of cooking; the expanding marshmallows can cause the potato balls to burst open.

no photo
Mon 11/24/08 05:51 PM
Imogen Heap - Closing In

no photo
Mon 11/24/08 05:45 PM
Safetysuit - Stay