Community > Posts By > FoxyFloridaLady

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Fri 01/08/10 04:23 AM
Even though I'm in Florida now, I DO know about "real" winters, having lived in Massachusetts and New Hampshire for many years. I especially recall a Christmas day when the wind chill factor was -50. There were few cars on the road visiting relatives that Christmas day, since most cars never made it out of their garages! I also remember a winter in rural New Hampshire when there was so much snow that we had to dig tunnels from the front door to the driveway and mailbox. Ah, those were the days. . .

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Thu 01/07/10 04:54 PM
How's everyone doing out there trying to keep warm? I'm in the Fort Myers area and everyone is dressed in layers - although the sunshine was very nice today. Nasty wind chill, though! Anyway, Happy New Year :-)

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Thu 01/07/10 04:43 PM
Yep, we're freezing here in SW Florida and so are the citrus trees and strawberries, which are being sprayed with water so the fruit will be covered with a layer of ice! We've had sunshine, but with the wind chill, it's been very cold (for Florida). I know, Floridians shouldn't complain given winter conditions in many other parts of the country, but Orlando WAS colder than Caribou, Maine a few mornings ago - yikes! Hope y'all had a happy holiday season and I wish my Mingle2 friends a very healthy and happy 2010 :-)

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Wed 12/23/09 07:30 AM
Lovely graphic, Mary. Wishing you and everyone at M2 a very happy holiday season. flowerforyou

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Sun 12/20/09 04:33 AM
It was AWESOME, with a strange twist at the end as the Doctor starts to come to grips with his impending regeneration. Then next Saturday we've got Part 1 of "The End".

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Sat 12/19/09 06:47 PM
Love DT!! The first Dr. Who episodes I saw were the ones with Tom Baker; I believe the series first aired in the U.S. with the Fourth Doctor, so TB is my other favorite. I'm catching up on all the TB episodes from Netflix and then will go further back in the series so I can see the earlier episodes that were only shown in the U.K. What a remarkable history Doctor Who has! (Hey, this "Waters of Mars" episode is really creepy - great special effects and a very good story).

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Sat 12/19/09 03:26 PM
"The Waters of Mars" is premiering tonight on BBC America. It's going to be preceded with and followed by cast interviews in preparation for the "Next Doctor". Anyone planning to watch?

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Fri 12/18/09 07:38 AM
Welcome! This is a great community and I'm sure you'll make friends here.

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Sun 12/13/09 06:32 AM
I really like your poetry, Sharris. You're a very talented writer. Have you checked out writing.com and allpoetry.com yet? They are excellent sites for sharing your own creative writing and reviewing others', many of whom welcome critiques, ideas for improvement, etc.

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Sun 12/13/09 06:20 AM
Hi, Friends -

Wishing you all a very nice day from SW Florida, nearby to Sanibel and Captiva Islands. We've had lots of dolphins swimming by lately, entertaining us with their playful antics. Temps will reach 85 today - too hot for December!!!

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Thu 12/10/09 02:47 PM
Sounds like zen to me! I was a practitioner for many years.

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Thu 12/10/09 02:42 PM
How important it is for us to be able to experience the newness of each day and see how we can find it in the simplest things. Of course, this can be a very difficult challenge if we've been hurt or are feeling lonely, but thank you for reminding us with your poem that we can look for and find newness in unexpected places. flowerforyou

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Thu 12/10/09 02:35 PM
That is such a sad poem, MsWizard. It sounds like someone close really betrayed you (something that happens to all of us at one time or another, I think). I hope that by writing down your feelings you'll now be able to move forward and let the past go. That person - or persons - were not meant to be in your life - otherwise they would be! Hang in there.

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Tue 12/08/09 05:10 AM
Hey, Friends -

I'm new to the site, am over 50, and would be delighted to invite anyone passing through Fort Myers, FL or vacationing on nearby Sanibel and Captiva Islands to let me know that you'll be in the area. shades

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:10 PM
Excellent advice. Thanks for re-posting these tips. :smile:

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Sun 12/06/09 02:13 PM
Hi - I'm new also and certainly can empathize with those lonesome blues that get to all of us from time-to-time. The area where I live in Florida has had gray skies and rain for almost two weeks now and that hasn't been helping. I get the blues more when I'm deprived of sunshine for so many days and my energy goes way down - blah!. frown

I'm just glad we've got such helpful and friendly forums here where we can mingle in cyber-space and get to know one another. You never know who you'll connect with and that person could be "the ONE". But, in the meantime, forming friendships, chatting, and keeping busy help one feel happier and less lonely.

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Fri 12/04/09 10:28 AM
New to this website and wanted to say hi. I moved from Texas to Fort Myers last year and it was the right decision. I love it here. Still learning my way around as my car was too old to make the drive from Texas, and I finally bought a car a few months ago and am independent again. Wishing you all a good weekend. :smile:

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Fri 12/04/09 09:45 AM
It's said that the creative spirit and God are within. Nice write.
:angel:

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Fri 12/04/09 04:11 AM
A lovely write on the sadness you're still feeling.

I retired last year and find letting go of the past a real challenge sometimes, so when I start to feel sad, regretful, or angry I remind myself that I have to break those chains and that, in the end, my past is "dust in the wind" and that I've got to move forward so I can enjoy the rest of my life. It's not easy, though, and thanks for sharing your poem with us. :heart:

FoxyFloridaLady's photo
Thu 12/03/09 03:21 PM

The alarm clock sounds the death knell
of such indulgences

Doesn't reality just suck sometimes. laugh

Nice write! flowers

By they way, what kind of alarm clock do you have anyway? A large grandfather clock with Westminster Chimes. bigsmile

Nah, just my little travel alarm. In fact, my cat IS my main alarm clock, as he always tromps on me about 5 minutes before it buzzes! winking

Previous 1