Community > Posts By > Dict8

Dict8's photo
Fri 11/25/11 12:47 PM

3 months alcohol free today! :banana: Despite one re-lapse.....this would be 6!

Awesome. I am so happy for you. Stick in there. One of my higher powers is the dog tick. It was a nickname for a while. One of members called me Dog tick for a while.:smile:
Trout....it is soooo hard, man. Can you give me advice? Outside of the meeting a day thing. I mean.....it is a devious disease. I don't know what to do. I do the meetings, man. It's just hard.........

They told me to stick with the winners. The friends I had before I came to the meetings left when the alcohol did. I had a tough sponsor. He was heartless and unrelenting. But he kept me sober.
O.K. That's good.

Dict8's photo
Fri 11/25/11 12:46 PM

God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.
Voltaire

rofl

Okay. I got to quit reading this guy. He has me in stitches.
No....seriously. I'm doing the work, the program. I know you think this is funny.....but it's not. You have recovery under yr belt. I have a sponsor.....and he sucks. I'm firing him cuz' I think he is using. I want good advice.......

Dict8's photo
Fri 11/25/11 12:42 PM

Awesome. I am so happy for you. Stick in there. One of my higher powers is the dog tick. It was a nickname for a while. One of members called me Dog tick for a while.:smile:
Trout....it is soooo hard, man. Can you give me advice? Outside of the meeting a day thing. I mean.....it is a devious disease. I don't know what to do. I do the meetings, man. It's just hard.........

Dict8's photo
Fri 11/25/11 12:27 PM

Dict8's photo
Wed 11/23/11 12:27 PM

This could do the trick..
drinker

Dict8's photo
Wed 11/23/11 12:06 PM
....also known as Captain Quaalude. He isn't feeling well today. Show him some love. I think he's sick.

Dict8's photo
Tue 11/22/11 09:46 AM

No way. I am not touching this ? at all.......

What? No hello??? :tongue: flowerforyou
Oh. Sorry ArtGurl. flowerforyou You know I love you. This question though.....it's a harsh one.

It is your choice to contemplate along or not as you wish ...

It doesn't have to be harsh ... it can be a time to be gentle and accepting of self

Perhaps a younger you would think "You have lived a unique experience and may just be an inspiration to someone else in the world at a time they need it."

flowerforyou
I can dig that. Thanks. I tend to immediately thing negatively. Actually....I am proud of how I have turned out considering all I've had to over come. Thanks for giving me reason to pause and see this in a different light. flowerforyou

Dict8's photo
Mon 11/21/11 10:46 PM

What? No hello??? :tongue: flowerforyou
Oh. Sorry ArtGurl. flowerforyou You know I love you. This question though.....it's a harsh one.

Dict8's photo
Mon 11/21/11 10:29 PM

Dict8's photo
Mon 11/21/11 08:56 PM
http://youtu.be/12qBoy2rhVw

This is for the forgotten people.....

smokin

Dict8's photo
Mon 11/21/11 08:51 PM
Oh HELL yea. Another week-end with you? This just gets better and better........ :smile:

Dict8's photo
Mon 11/21/11 08:48 PM
A bean burrito and 2 Vicodin......

Dict8's photo
Mon 11/21/11 04:32 PM
They use FB chat now cuz' there are less filters....so I get these weird, insistent chat messages all the time. I always save them before I delete them cuz' some are just freakin' hilarious....... Some are actually clever in how they go about it. Others....not so much. Either way....they always give themselves away. :tongue:

Dict8's photo
Mon 11/21/11 04:28 PM

I can't believe you tards actually even read e-mail from people you don't know. (I use the term "tards" in the most loving and respectful way)

Yu gotz ta b owt cho dam mine.

:)
I actually find em' amusing. I keep a whole record of all the fake e-mails I get. I probably have around 100 saved by now. I get at least one a week...... :tongue:

Dict8's photo
Mon 11/21/11 04:17 PM
I got this last week on FB. This is classic!!!!!

Am looking forward to meeting my special woman. I would like him to be kind, attentive, caring, reliable, well-mannered woman with a good sense of humor. He should be serious in his intentions to find a right lady and create a happy family. I would like him to appreciate not only my appearance but my inside world as well. He should also be goal-oriented, self-established, not greedy and narrow-minded. He should know how to treat a lady. He should love children

Dude was covering ALL genders on this one......:tongue:

Dict8's photo
Sun 11/20/11 10:05 PM
I'm gonna' work on a variation of this to record. I think it is a beautiful song. They say familiarity breeds contempt. In the case of this song it rings true....at least in my case. I got so sick of hearing it over the years. Today, however....I saw it for what it really is. It's like I heard it for the first time ever....... It's about promise and redemption.

Dict8's photo
Sun 11/20/11 09:57 PM
I'm not a religious man....and I know during the holidays everybody is bombarded with this song. Today, however....I was in Wal-Greens and singing along to this on their PA system. I know it sounds cheesy....but I was actually thinking what a great song this is. The words are beautiful. I came home and looked up the history of this.....and the lyrics. They were written in 1818 by an Austrian priest names Joseph Mohr. Here they are:

Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace

Silent night, holy night!
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia!
Christ, the Saviour is born
Christ, the Saviour is born

Silent night, holy night
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth "

Dict8's photo
Sun 11/20/11 09:26 PM
Sleep in heavenly peace.......

Dict8's photo
Sun 11/20/11 06:00 PM
I have no room to complain considering all I've been through. I actually think I'm getting sexier with age! :tongue:

Dict8's photo
Sun 11/20/11 05:01 PM

I know I may come off as dis-content a lot of the time on here. I'm sure a lot of people here tend to think I am bitter and un-happy. I really don't mean to appear that way....it's just that I have had a difficult life and it's hard for me to see the bright side of things. That being said.....I DO have a lot of things to be grateful for. I have a lot of good friends that care about me. I have a lot of talents and interests that give me great pleasure. I'm thankful to be able to wake up in the morning. I'm grateful for the girl I am seeing now. I love animals. I'm grateful for my capacity to feel and feel for others. I'm grateful that I have a roof over my head and a warm bed to sleep in. I can go on and on..........

Then you are a rich man indeed. flowerforyou :thumbsup:
Thanks for this post. It made my day! flowerforyou

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25