Community > Posts By > CathyLyn

CathyLyn's photo
Sun 11/15/09 05:17 PM
Hi Houston here.....

CathyLyn's photo
Sun 11/15/09 04:43 PM
Edited by CathyLyn on Sun 11/15/09 04:45 PM
Oh man, I love that. Did I miss it? It rained hard here for about 45 mins. around 5pm..

I also signed up on Meetup and BayouCityOutdoor.com... wow they do alot of stuff...Looks like fun fun fun. and going as a group it's alot less expensive to have fun and go places. That's what I'm talking about... :-)

CathyLyn's photo
Sat 11/14/09 06:04 AM

your very sexy lady

Thank you, but you didn't say anything about my profile. I've changed it already..lol and It's subject to change again without a moment's notice.......lol

Flash..................>

CathyLyn's photo
Sat 11/14/09 05:59 AM
Welcome Vikie Join in the fun....

CathyLyn's photo
Sat 11/14/09 05:48 AM
Good morning, It's Saturday already. (yawn, stretch.)
It's a day to have some fun and tt's going to be a gorgeous day....

I'm working......................

CathyLyn's photo
Fri 11/13/09 09:01 AM
oh my, it is very excitable to read. You have my tastebuds dancing all over the place. how many calories is this?

Means, enjoy it, then workout like crazy to burn it off...lol

I'm going to use this.... thanks Joe

CathyLyn's photo
Fri 11/13/09 07:08 AM
I like a good mix of things. Music, Beverages available, Food, and Fun, as in dancing, pool, foosball, pingpong, darts, do they have shuffleboards anymore? and just a good place to gather and get to know one another. lol I'm North Central...

Welcoming suggstions for first meeting: Places, Dates and Times:

Places:
Sambusca, Spaghetti Warehouse, Discovery Green, DT-Hard Rock Cafe'

My personal favorite is The Onion Creek on White Oak off of Height's Blvd, it's one of the Creek Group. They are all neat places to meet.

click --> http://www.onioncreekcafe.com/ <-- check it out.

Days and Times:
I'm avialable: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Anytime.

I'm excited about this, Let's make it happen :-)

CathyLyn's photo
Wed 11/11/09 09:41 PM
Edited by CathyLyn on Wed 11/11/09 09:43 PM

Just found this site today, and enjoying getting to know folks around here.
Well I see you like poetry too check out the creative writing Forum Too :)

I'll do that. I'm a Cowboy Poet, so I may start a thread over there for others who write/enjoy such.

Who said Tall Texans don't like poetry, guitar music and a good looking man to deliever? They are crazy and aint from Texas then..lol

I noticed that link too Vivian. I like good creative writing.

CathyLyn's photo
Wed 11/11/09 09:39 PM
That sounds like fun Carold.... Hope you get some really good buy....
:-)

CathyLyn's photo
Wed 11/11/09 01:36 PM
Thanks Metalwing, I think it would be great fun meeting you good folks.

If everyone interested would post the days, times and suggest a location to meet up would be great....

For me: Satudays evenings, Sunday after church, Mondays and Tuesdays any time. I'm open as far as Location. Maybe if we can get it in the middle where everyone lives would be good.

I'm excited about it. Let's make it happen flowerforyou

CathyLyn's photo
Wed 11/11/09 01:15 PM
Edited by CathyLyn on Wed 11/11/09 01:16 PM

At this stage of my life

I have no problems making freinds or meeting men

I've reached the stage where my confidence level is high
I'm very extroverted
I love people and being around them
I'm a good listener and very talkative
I'm easy to be around
Etc

I don't feel the need to compete with other women
I have an air of sensuality that draws men toward me

I think it's the age!!! I really do !!!:heart:

"Confidence" is sexy, attractive and very alluring. I don't think one should allow anyone to take that away under any circumstances .They aren't worth it. They aren't worthy of you either. :-)

CathyLyn's photo
Mon 11/09/09 02:24 AM

OK here go's, If there is a Lady in a Warm climate, thats between 40 and 62 that wants Tallandslender, I'll be headed South!!bigsmile

Madmax, but you are only talking body here. lol I'm in Texas, but I want more than just a body...lol I want it all..
drinker

CathyLyn's photo
Mon 11/09/09 02:16 AM
Hi I'm new on M2, and wow, what a discussion...... It's like basic courtsey isn't it, Like, why would anyone need to be told to respect others opinion etc ...hum.... Sad such a person bails just because he didn't win over a topic... If you can't take it, don't dish it out...

ok now for my opinion, lol

I personally think, it's between the two people that decide to be Friends with benefits. At least, they are knowing what's what going in with eyes open. No one can complain about the other seeing someone else or complain about getting anything either. ouch.. that's the scary part to me.... I would think there would be a special bond between the two, more than your average friendship.
Best of luck to you. Feel the blessing and accept it as it is for what it is.....
Cat

CathyLyn's photo
Mon 11/09/09 01:47 AM
Now that's just too funny and cute cute cute... Thanks for sharing.
Cat

CathyLyn's photo
Mon 11/09/09 01:05 AM

I was curious to see if any of my fellow over 50 minglers are having difficulty meeting their life long partners or even great friends. My experience has been less than fruitful but there is always hope.

I have made a couple of friends, but nothing long-lasting. I thought I had..met a guy on here..we messaged a lot..he was the one who brought up the subject of a future together...he phoned or messaged me almost daily. we live far from each other..after a few months, we met in person..sparks flew for both of us, (at least he said he felt that way)..we met again in July..after that I would hardly hear from him..I told him I felt he had lost interest in me, and he denied it. He makes no attempt to contact me now, so I know he lied. I am hurt that he could be so dishonest & insincere..there are a lot of people like that on these sites..which would explain why their mates dumped them? But I am still optimistic...they aren't all like that..at least I hope so.laugh

Hi Everyone flowerforyou
I'm new to M2:
I've been reading everyone's post, and wondering if there are groups that actually get together and have fun? Like planning an event some place or at each other's home for pot luck and just have a blast getting to know each other? Say like a Gal's night out or Co-Ed event. Something? If not, would you all be interested in getting something like that started?

I also feel it would take the pressure off.... Plus, statistics show that most people really meet better at parties. I think that's because you can see how a person is around others. Everyone checks everyone out indicretely, so to speak. Then when you meet back on the forums, You are joking, solving problems, sharing advise etc... with Friends you've already met. It seems better, funnier, and easier.

Something I've been wondering about, and I would like your feedback on this, please.

When we were in high school and in college, we have virgin expectations, a different level of excitablities. As life deals situations and we manage through them, hopefully growing through those life's events, we attain more insight etc whether it be positive or negative. Now that we are in our 50's, see things thru eventful eyes and hearts. Unlike as it was in the younger years. So why would our expectations be the same?
Dating rules have changed. Society has changed. Shouldn't our expecations change as well?
Basic dating methods haven't really changed that much. Other than now women are more in control than then. We pay for our own drinks, meals in order to maintain that independence and less obligated, right? I think the men like that to a degree. But there is a time a man needs to be a man and a lady should be a lady. So, the dating rules revert back alittle to the original attributes as in the past years.

What I feel has changed the most is Yes, our expectations about the feelings we want to feel when meeting someone. Back in younger years, you got that zing, flushed, gitty when meeting and on a date with the GUY. Now,should get those? We hope to, right? and perhaps some may still, but we expect it to as strong as it was then and last as it did back then. Now that we are more logical, non-viginic emotionally, physically, and spiritually, we hold back, have reservations due to prior experiences, apply too much expectations.
I could be wrong, it's just my thinking, but what if you just allowed yourself to merely enjoy what's there and not expect anything? When meeting, keep in mind, It's just an old friend you haven't seen in a while..... take the pressure off of yourself and your date... Have fun, loosen up, and just enjoy the moment as it is. If he askes you out again, great. If he don't, you haven't lost anything. You enjoyed yourself for that time. It's not about you not being good enough or any of that non sense.

Practice when those not so great dates on how to just let yourself feel freed and just be yourself. You have noticed haven't you, when you are out with a not so great date how different you are, as apposed to on a date with a guy/gal you really want?

Another thing, since the datig rules have changed, have you thought about making the first move? Why not ask him out for a change? I think men get tired of it always bearing the pressure of being the one to make the first move, don't you? Since we women are out in the forfront, why not go all the way... Get bold, be confident in who you are and go far it woman..... Get the man you want. Dont you think that's what men do too? If you ask a man out and he turns you down. so what? It happens to them all the time, do they give up? NOOOO in fact, if anything , it becomes a challenge and encourages even more incentive....
Thanks for listening to me spew..lol I was just wondering if my thinking was really that far off base.... Please, I would love you to share your honest opinions.
:-)

CathyLyn's photo
Sun 11/08/09 10:39 PM
Richard Cagle and the Voodoo Choir

CathyLyn's photo
Sun 11/08/09 07:19 AM
Edited by CathyLyn on Sun 11/08/09 07:28 AM
Hi Everyone, I think I have all my settings correct. This the Houston, Texas bunch?
How active is this forum as to having offical and unoffical meets and events? Could you all tell me more about this group please? Thanks allot. I look forward in getting to know you all and being active as time permits.

Saying Welcome to the other Newbies... The Mod Team too.... :-)

Oh and you just gotta tell me how you all inserted those cute and funny graphics. I do not see an option on my screen ..... Looks like a fun job to have.... How does one get involvedwith such of a position?
Thx

CathyLyn's photo
Sun 11/08/09 07:05 AM

well Renissence, maybe since nobody else seems to be up to actually getting together maybe we should set the example my only issue with that is my vehicle is still back home in utah so im limited to as where i could meet with anyone

That sucks that ya'll can't get enough people interested in getting together...we've got a great DFW bunch & we party & see each other often. Maybe ya'll need to organize a road trip to up here...we always have a blast!
I think it is the age thing and there all just thinking about hooking up JMO But friendships are fun so lets try Houston lol

CathyLyn Wrote:
I agree: That would be great to get something planned for a meet up, get to know the people on the FORUMS, I think it would make it more fun, get to know everyone, have pot luck once in a while at various homes or places, get together and check out a New Release, go on events happening in the city. C'mon you guys.... Let's kick it up a bit and turn this Forum into a smashing fun place to meet and discuss, joke and just have some fun.... what you say, Who's in?

;

;

CathyLyn's photo
Sun 11/08/09 06:58 AM

thanks Jtevans, I found it. But don't know what you mean as for "settings".lol

CathyLyn's photo
Sat 11/07/09 02:53 AM
Hi, I'm Cathy, new here. I'm in what I classify as North Central Hub. Where it all come's together. lol I'm 56, single, active and would love to meet and make quality friends to go out and have some fun, gals and guys both, as a group.

My interests are mostly outdoors, camping, backpacking, travling, riding the river, going to blues and rock live music, cycling, workingout, back yard grilling, gardening, healthy cooking and eating.

I really like Dan Electros, Onion Creek, World Market on Saturdays, they are some great place to meet up on Jam nights to. They have websites. Check it out if you are interested.

I would like to know your favorite places to hang out at too?