Community > Posts By > skot

skot's photo
Tue 12/11/07 06:15 PM
"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs" -- Unknown

skot's photo
Tue 12/11/07 06:13 PM
i'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Like i said, i just love quotes.

skot's photo
Tue 12/11/07 09:53 AM
Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you. -- George Carlin

skot's photo
Tue 12/11/07 09:48 AM
"Yep we get mad at God, and walk away from him, this happens. What happens to most atheists is in fact they were once Christians, in my experience. They just kept walking, and this makes them happy, which would make me happy true, we as humans run from our problems and this allows us to hide the hurt inside us. We are happy but we have secrets that hurt too much to talk about. After i walked i came back and my secrets are no more. I am much happier now than i have ever been, and only feel sorry for those who have not experienced what i have."

He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave. -- William Drummond

skot's photo
Tue 12/11/07 09:45 AM
I think it's funny to hear peope of religion try to talk logically about their beliefs. I didn't know there was more to that quote, thanks Spidercmb.

"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."
-- unknown

skot's photo
Mon 12/10/07 11:33 PM
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

skot's photo
Mon 12/10/07 11:32 PM
"You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?"
-- Dan Barker

skot's photo
Mon 12/10/07 11:26 PM
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen

skot's photo
Mon 12/10/07 11:24 PM
"Faith is believing something you know ain't true." - Mark Twain

skot's photo
Mon 12/10/07 11:23 PM
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

skot's photo
Mon 12/10/07 11:21 PM
Sorry i just love quotes. "You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?"
-- Dan Barker, Losing Faith in Faith

skot's photo
Mon 12/10/07 11:20 PM
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

skot's photo
Mon 12/10/07 11:16 PM
I'm glad that whatever you felt made you happy. Why not leave it at that? Why does it have to be God and not just you feeling a connection with family members? "An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support."
-- John Buchan

skot's photo
Mon 12/10/07 11:10 PM
Hey i feel for you man, and i'm glad that you feel fulfilled that you found your grandparents graves. However, to say that you found them doesn't constitute that there is a God. "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin

skot's photo
Mon 12/10/07 10:53 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's no God.

2 Next