Community > Posts By > jovijunkie

jovijunkie's photo
Fri 01/11/08 03:54 AM
this is my favorite.. very well written

jovijunkie's photo
Thu 11/22/07 10:13 AM
That was awesome that you did that. I am the same way, and its a shame that everyone isn't that kind.

I had a situation last year, where a homeless man was begging with a sign that said "Will work for money or food". I was at a local (pretty famous) restaurant, and spent $17 on a sandwich, fries, onion rings, hot coffee, another drink for later and pie. I took it out to the man and he turned up his nose and said "What the h*ll is this?~! I said "your sign says you need food and I was trying to help you..." He said "well, I want the cash, get it?!?"... SO I took my $17 worth of food and had it for dinner that night, still stunned that someone could be so ungrateful.

As a mom, I know how I hope my children will grow up - as kind, well adjusted people who genuinely care about all people.

Hope you have a great turkey day!

jovijunkie's photo
Thu 11/22/07 10:09 AM
As a mom, I would tell you that the only thing you should be concerned about is whether or not the ex's new boyfriend is kind to your children.

What you think of him should be irrelevant, unless it is directly related to how he treats your children and their mother (when in the presence of the kids).

Other than that, you need to move past the fact that the ex has a new b/f and concentrate on finding yourself that special someone too!