Community > Posts By > soxfan94

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 07:20 PM
Montana...just seems so beautiful with the mountains and rivers. Can't wait to flyfish there!

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 07:18 PM

"Comfortable in jeans or a little black dress..."

Exactly, it's like I asked a girl if she preferred option A or option B, and she said "yes." Not so descriptive, really.

Tell me if this describes just about everyone.

I love going out or just staying in and relaxing.
I love having fun, but I can be serious when needed.
I can get dressed up, but I like just kicking it in comfy clothes.
I can be smart, but I love just fooling around and being silly.

My point is just that everyone pretty much enjoys a variety of things, very few are pigeonholed to ONE specific thing. ("I never go out" or "I never joke around"). It would be a tad better to expound upon why maybe you enjoy one more than the other. :smile:

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 07:14 PM

I can't read more than a sentence or two of that.sick damn ADD.explode

Can you post that in installments.happy

Seriously? Ay, hopefully you can take short breaks in between, haha. drinker

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 07:12 PM
That's a natural product of our primitive, reptilian brains. This is the part of our brain which deals with perceived threats. Because of the imminent danger of most threats in nature (where our brain originally developed), we have a very basic binary dichotomy when it comes to threats. That is, we auto-classify everything into "good" or "bad" when it comes to threats which may be imminent. There is no middle ground in these situations, and the subconscious brain errs on the side of safety by categorizing threats as "bad" unless they are very clearly "good".

Thanks to evolution and civilization, we have developed a much more advanced brain, and are able to analyze larger problems with more variety than "good" and "bad". However, it is innate for us when a threat is imminent that we use our reptilian brain involuntarily, and we're stuck with those two simple choices.

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 07:06 PM

Bahahahaha......mine starts out "I love music". Gonna change it.......Nahhhhhhhh, not now that I know it bugs someone.tongue2winking

You separate your cliches from the typical ones though, by explaining them afterwards. You love music...and that explains something specific about you that may not be true for everyone (you spontaneously sing and dance at any time...specially in the car, even! haha).

Sure it's still a little vague, but at least you clarified it a little. :tongue:

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 07:02 PM

looking for Mr. (or Mrs.) Right

sick laugh

Exactly! Haha.

I always wonder if there is one girl's profile that reads:

"Hi I am hoping to meet some cheaters and liars who will hopefully break my heart. If you are wrong for me and plan on using me, then I will definitely be interested! I like the movie The Notebook and NOTHING else. I ONLY like Coldplay. I definitely DON'T like food, and fun, and anyone interesting!"

And then after seeing that, they decided that they had to explicitly state every obvious thing about the broad interests that everyone shares just to be safe?

laugh :tongue:

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:53 PM

soxfan, couldnt help but notice your here too sharing the space with the "nice" guys

I'm not sure I understand what you're implying...that I shouldn't hang out with nice guys?

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:51 PM

flowerforyou I like flowers...

That one is allowable, since there are a fair amount of women who don't particularly like flowers. Or at least they say they don't.

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:51 PM
Regardless of how meticulous you are about determining intent, my personal belief is that you can never be 100% certain of the intent of something like that, particularly something text based which is passed along throughout generations and possibly altered. Therefore since there cannot be 100% certainty, there is the possibility for varying opinions.

But that's just my...opinion. Hah.

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:46 PM

Nice guys don't finish last. Weak submissive guys who allow women to act like babies get dumped when they can't continue to support their tantrums. Tantrums that were most likely predictable by past and current demanding behavior but were over looked because they wanted whatever "rewards" that were offered by the woman at the time; ego strokeing, drugs, alcohol, sex, money, status, the ability to say gotcha to friends, parents, siblings, or society in general. They cut their noses off to spite their faces.

Yes!
Yes!
and yes!

This is absolutely true. Anyone who calls himself a nice guy is likely to be a self empathizer who is too busy worrying about being "nice" to actually establish a personality and uniqueness.

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:44 PM
So here's my tongue in cheek (or is it?) tirade about profile cliches which bug me.

"No liars or cheaters": Do you think that by saying this, the liars and cheaters will stop in their tracks and willingly admit to their ways? Do you think that they will suddenly tell you that they are in fact a liar, "just to let you know the truth"? Or even better, that they'll move on until they find someone that IS looking for a liar or cheater? I don't think that's how they work, and I DEFINITELY don't think that a sentence in your profile will deter them.

"I love all types of music" and "music is my life": Ok, we all like music. In fact, most of us enjoy a very wide variety of music. But there has to be a favorite in there somewhere! Give us a hint about where your preferences lie. Surely you don't love Mozart as much as Megadeth. At least lead us in the right direction.

"Are there any good guys left?!?!": There sure are, and I'll tell you what we really love...pessimism! Nothing's quite as hot as a girl who has given up all faith in being happy with a guy, and seems apparently unable to attain happiness without a man in her life.

"I love going out but I also love staying in". How entirely specific! Maybe you could elaborate by writing "I love things" or, "Stuff is fun to do". That would put us on a better track towards knowing anything about you. If you want to get real personal, you could even list some intimate things, like "I like food and money and having fun and laughing!!" ...EVERYONE LIKES ALL THOSE THINGS! SAY SOMETHING ORIGINAL.

*Disclaimer* Don't get all whiny about this, it's all in good fun. Sorta. :tongue:

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:41 PM

Christianity absolutely allows violence in the defense of life, but aggresive violence and retalitory violence are forbidden.

Thanks for the civility.

As for the quoted part of your answer, my concern is that this very statement is an interpretation of Christian writings, isn't it? And who is to say that this particular interpretation is more correct than any other?

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:36 PM

<<<<RN..problem?

Ahh the infinite jokes which could be said...drinker smokin

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:35 PM

The Bible isn't just a book of "DO THIS", it's a historical record. People, places, events...not all have God's approval. Yes, God ordered to killing of the people of Canaan and you know what? I have gone over that until I'm blue in the face and my posts were ignored. There were good reasons for things to go down the way they did, but it's impossible to make someone see that when they refuse to look. So I'll just call a spade a spade and point out delusions when they are posted.

Thanks for your reply.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not certain if you're agreeing with what I said, or disparaging my post. (Curse the internet's ambiguity).

Like I said, personally I don't think Christianity advocates violence, but I would have a hard time stating that someone who felt that it at least permitted violence in certain situations would be incorrect.

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:31 PM
Brick!

*People were on fire and I killed a man with a trident!"

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:26 PM
The problem is that subjectivity pervades even the very definition of "proof" and "facts". I can have an opinion that the "facts" are incorrect. Despite the fact that some things are obviously more certain than others, can we ever be ABSOLUTELY certain of anything? I submit that we cannot, and so that even "facts" that almost everyone agrees on can still be validly challenged by someone with a different opinion.

Certain sections of the Bible (bear with me here, I'm no biblical scholar) could be interpreted as validating violence. Sacrificial passages and episodes of God's wrath touch on these areas. While I personally don't believe that Christianity preaches violence, I cannot say that an opinion which believes so is per se incorrect.

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:20 PM

Good point!! As they say..."eventually, you're gonna have to talk to her!" laugh

I only date deaf girls. Thank God!

laugh laugh :tongue:

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:19 PM
Edited by soxfan94 on Tue 07/08/08 06:19 PM
photoshoot with tilted head

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:18 PM
I can be a male nurse if I get paired with the right female nurse :wink:

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:16 PM
poppin lip gloss