Community > Posts By > soxfan94

soxfan94's photo
Wed 07/09/08 05:28 PM
Probably Mao Tse-Tong.

Or Stalin.

From behind a protective wall, of course.

soxfan94's photo
Wed 07/09/08 05:19 PM

i r teh 1337, i ave teh telepathy powerz!!!11

I'm very seriously considering using that quote for the entirety of my profile. Can I?

glasses

soxfan94's photo
Wed 07/09/08 05:15 PM

Oh like your profile is so much better!*

*Do note I haven't looked at your profile.laugh

Well you should! It's, like, totally the best evar! Like, seriously!!1! Completely roxorz! Haha.

huh

soxfan94's photo
Wed 07/09/08 05:13 PM
It's rare to come across a song that can be so powerfully profound and intense in both a melancholy and furious sense at the same time.

This song absolutely does it.

soxfan94's photo
Wed 07/09/08 05:10 PM
Long enough and passionate enough to be assertive, but short enough and clean enough to be respectable.

soxfan94's photo
Wed 07/09/08 05:07 PM
Jay-Z is an awesome rapper, but that was ATROCIOUS.

I mean...wow. noway

soxfan94's photo
Wed 07/09/08 05:04 PM
Everyone has their perks man, no worries.

Mine is a girl with really athletic ankles. drinker

soxfan94's photo
Wed 07/09/08 04:59 PM
Edited by soxfan94 on Wed 07/09/08 05:01 PM
..'cuz I watched them fall away.
Mildewed and smoldering, fundamental differing.
Pure intention, juxtaposed, will set two lovers souls in motion.
Disintegrating as it goes, testing our communication.
The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us
So we cannot see to reach an end, crippling our communication.

I know the pieces fit 'cuz I watched them tumble down.
No fault, none to blame.
It doesn't mean I don't desire top oint the finger, blame the other.
Watch the temple topple over.
To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication

The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
And the circling is worth it.
Finding beauty in the dissonance.

There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.
Mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting.
I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.
Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion.
Between supposed lovers...

Tool Schism

soxfan94's photo
Wed 07/09/08 04:53 PM
"node - was aware of"

Hahahahahahahahaha. Classic.

soxfan94's photo
Wed 07/09/08 04:51 PM
To everyone who responded with messages carrying a "don't throw stones when you live in a glass house" tone, I'd like to reiterate that I wasn't trying to judge anyone or condemn anyone's profile.. and I certainly wasn't trying to elevate mine as exemplary of the perfect profile. It's just supposed to be a funny little list to read and joke about.

Still...in my defense I'd say that there is only one thing in my profile that falls into a general and very obvious category for guys: that I like sports. Otherwise I'd say they're still enough to set me apart from the bar that the "average" men set so wonderfully low.

1. "Big on staying in shape" - Oh yeah that's one that every girl assumes about every single guy. Guys are very rarely out of shape, right?

2. "Values a sense of humor" - For a decent amount of guys, they could say "Have you seen my keys?" and even if she laughed as if it were a hysterical joke, it wouldn't change the fact that they were still into her.

3. "Values basic intelligence" - I may be going out on a limb here...but I know a LOT of guys are even MORE into a girl when they find out that she's dumb as a brick.

None of those apply to me, so that's why I figured I would enunciate them in my profile. I know writing a profile is hard and it's impossible to come across as your actual personality when you're online. It's all in good fun, and I try not to judge anyone solely by their profile.

And to whoever mentioned "I'll tell you later or just ask"...yes that was a glaring omission from the list! You'll tell me later, when? Because I'm sure as hell not going to message someone who can't take 35 seconds to at least type the obvious generalities! Haha.

drinker drinker

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 08:31 PM
In retrospect, I feel pretty ridiculous being argumentative over a mixed drink. I say cheers to a tasty drink, in as much or as little quantity as we each prefer! drinker

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 08:25 PM

hence i get it or places i have worked at they have always had it mixed up in a big bottle and served it as a shot

so yes it is a shot

The link says to serve it in a Collins glass. It's a small mixed drink. Like most any mixed drink, it can double as a shooter, but not it's original purpose.

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 08:21 PM

"red death", I think I found a new name for my "monthly" friend...whoa

Well there went any chance that I'll be drinking Red Death ever again! Yikes. noway

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 08:20 PM
Invade someone else's space? I love ya Fade, but just log off is the simple solution to that one.

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 08:17 PM
Edited by soxfan94 on Tue 07/08/08 08:18 PM

red death is just a shot most times not a drink unless you really wanna get f^ed up

where i had it it was in a tall bear glass

Google tells me that it is indeed the drink I was thinking of. A Collins glass drink with moderate alcohol content.

http://www.webtender.com/db/drink/4346

* 1 oz Vodka
* 1 oz Southern Comfort
* 1 oz Amaretto
* 1/2 oz Sloe gin
* 1/2 oz Triple sec
* Fill with Orange juice
* 1 dash Lime juice

Edit: Hence, not a shot and definitely not jungle juice.

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 08:13 PM

LOL I loved the first half but I drowned in the sarcastic cynicism in the second half!

Yeah well thats want I have been dating so it must be what I really want, You know the "Law of Attraction" thing.

Haha, well that's one theory. drinker

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 08:09 PM

is that anything like jungle juice...thats what we call it in these here parts...LMAO!!!!laugh laugh

is it red?

Oh god no. Jungle juice is MUCH MUCH stronger, made with everclear and vodka. Red death is usually a far weaker drink in my experience.

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 08:07 PM
LOL I loved the first half but I drowned in the sarcastic cynicism in the second half!

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 08:06 PM
Yeah it's not bad, goes well with electric lemonade.

soxfan94's photo
Tue 07/08/08 07:24 PM

I've seen more than one state at the same time...is that cheating?:tongue:

I saw a picture of America from space, does that count as seeing them all at once?! Hahaha.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25