Community > Posts By > Kitteh_Kat

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 12:14 PM

If every illegal immigrant got to stay here TAX free for prior earnings, free schooling, free medical, and the ones that got deported and came back can now stay or go home and we the US citizens would foot the bill, well that makes me upset.

WE have several people here, BORN here that need help and the government does little or nothing for them....
why does being born here matter?

and do you honestly think they aren't paying taxes?
If they aren't citizens or aren't here legally they shouldn't be eligible for any benefits.

I work in social services, and have been for over 10 years. In that time frame I've come across many illegals, and only two had social security numbers, and were paying taxes. You can't tell me that they are contributing members of our society.

I worked in social services for years and did not encounter a whole lot of illegals trying to get benefits illegally.

I guess you don't consider sales tax a tax then? Or utilities taxes? Phone taxes? etc...
They can't get benefits at all anymore unless states enact legislation to do so, and the funding has to come from state funds. That sure worked out well for CA, didn't it?!?

I was referring specifically to payroll taxes as that's what was being discussed.

No, that is not the tax being discussed.
I was referring to lulu24's comment about paying taxes, and took it as income tax. My bad.

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 12:13 PM

If every illegal immigrant got to stay here TAX free for prior earnings, free schooling, free medical, and the ones that got deported and came back can now stay or go home and we the US citizens would foot the bill, well that makes me upset.

WE have several people here, BORN here that need help and the government does little or nothing for them....

If they aren't citizens or aren't here legally they shouldn't be eligible for any benefits.

I work in social services, and have been for over 10 years. In that time frame I've come across many illegals, and only two had social security numbers, and were paying taxes. You can't tell me that they are contributing members of our society.

I worked in social services for years and did not encounter a whole lot of illegals trying to get benefits illegally.

I guess you don't consider sales tax a tax then? Or utilities taxes? Phone taxes? etc...

yep...

and there are those that work under real social security numbers that just don't happen to be theirs. they pay in without a problem...and they can't ever draw it back out.

can't buy anything or use anything any more without paying some sort of tax.
You're really advocating identity theft?

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 12:08 PM

come now kitteh, maybe one 2 had ss numbers but doesnt that just apply to payroll tax? they buy gas, have to pay tax, they buy clothes, also taxed, buy food, certain foods taxed, they buy toiletries, also taxed.

Just because one doesn't pay payroll tax does not make then a non contributing member of society, they are doing the jobs that most feel is beneath their status to do. I say, don't blame those that work hard, blame those that look for loopholes and tax evasion, blame corporate America who hire undocumented aliens.
As I just said I was referring to payroll tax because that's what was being discussed.

I call ******** on them doing jobs that most feel is beneath them to do, especially in this economy. Employers will hire someone who can be used to their advantage, and my stance is and always has been that the companies hiring them should be fined heavily because their jobs are one of the reasons why people are entering the country illegally. I also didn't place the blame on the illegal immigrants, and simply stated that I don't think they should be eligible for benefits, especially considering the system is strained, and there's not enough funding to go around. Furthermore, having done volunteer work in more than one Central American country for an extended period of time I'm well aware as to their motivations for coming here. And where do you think the majority of the money they're earning goes to- back home to support their families living there.

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 11:58 AM

They can't get benefits at all anymore unless states enact legislation to do so, and the funding has to come from state funds. That sure worked out well for CA, didn't it?!?

I was referring specifically to payroll taxes as that's what was being discussed.

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 11:37 AM

What about the "Black folks'" prejudice against white folks...

Do you really think that blacks are the only ones who suffer prejudice and racism??

please, that's naive and everybit as racist a stance as you claim to stand against..

Jesse and Al are more of an obstacle than they are a conduit to the solution..

I disagree with your opinion.

White folks in this country crying racism is a joke. White folks have had the upper hand in this country since it's incept and have been the instigators of all the racist problems we have in this country with all non whites. Hell, white folks have even committed bigotry against each other over ethnicity.

Now that is not saying racism doesn't exist in other races but the race in power is the main fault for it. The race in power is the major contributor to the beginning of the cycle of hatred. The race in power is the responsible party and needs to be the first to change so that the others can begin to live without being in defense all the time. The race in power so far in this country is white people.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really sick of the finger being pointed at whites as the main reason why oppression and discrimination exist in the US. There are many people in communities of color who use this as a cop-out instead of addressing the underlying issues within their own communities and families. It's not up to the white community to address issues within other communities, such as alcoholism running rampant within American Indian communities, and the large number of fatherless households in the black community.

It's called personal responsibility, which is sorely lacking in today's society, and your post only serves to highlight it.

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 11:31 AM

People are only up in arms because it's Rush Limbaugh. If that weren't the case people would be protesting the blatant racism within professional soccer leagues, and would have demanded that Marge Schott be ousted as managing general partner, president and CEO of the Cincinnati Reds- she has a baseball stadium named after her for pete's sake.

Well, there's that but there's also the blatant hypocrasy in the fact that many of those most vocal opponents of Limbaugh having minority ownership position in the team are some of the most scandalous racists themselves!

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, the reverennds without congregations, are some of the most blatant and unappologetic racists there are.. Yet anytime someone needs a good sound bite from the "Black Community" those two run each other over getting to the nearest microphone..

google "hymietown"

Untrue.

Al and Jesse are needed in this country until prejudice against black folks stops. They are not racist, they are needed advocates.

I don't agree with them all the time but I know their job is a necessity.
Sharpton and Jackson do nothing when it comes to improving race relations in the US, and are far from advocates.

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 11:28 AM

People are only up in arms because it's Rush Limbaugh. If that weren't the case people would be protesting the blatant racism within professional soccer leagues, and would have demanded that Marge Schott be ousted as managing general partner, president and CEO of the Cincinnati Reds- she has a baseball stadium named after her for pete's sake.

Well, there's that but there's also the blatant hypocrasy in the fact that many of those most vocal opponents of Limbaugh having minority ownership position in the team are some of the most scandalous racists themselves!

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, the reverennds without congregations, are some of the most blatant and unappologetic racists there are.. Yet anytime someone needs a good sound bite from the "Black Community" those two run each other over getting to the nearest microphone..

google "hymietown"
Good call.

I totally agree.

*goes to google*

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 11:22 AM

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 11:16 AM

does not being outraged make me less american?
Why do you hate America?!?

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 11:15 AM

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!!!!!!!!!!

AM I COOL NOW??? HUH??? HUH??? HUH?????
waving
WHY YES YOU ARE, AND ALMOST AS COOL AS ME TO BOOT! ;)

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 09:46 AM
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!!!!!!!!!!

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 07:54 AM

Good point but no one will say anything about that because Marge Schott wasn't an outspoken political person.
Of course they won't- there's no motivation for them to do so, and it probably wouldn't give them warm fuzzies inside like it does when they're protesting it for political reasons.

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Wed 10/28/09 07:38 AM
Edited by Kitteh_Kat on Wed 10/28/09 07:39 AM

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Mon 10/26/09 01:20 PM
It turns out they weren't asleep, and were using their personal laptops in the cockpit when they overshot the airport. Morons.

http://www.startribune.com/business/65982292.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU1yDEmP:QMDCinchO7DU

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Mon 10/26/09 11:27 AM

Oprah had one on Denmark, and it really hits home how behind the times we are with regards to Europe. Kids are supposed to be sacred here in the US, yet everyone is deathly afraid to take to much time off for fear of losing their jobs.
If children were truly sacred to the US we wouldn't have such a high infant mortality rate, and children under the age of 18 wouldn't comprise such a large number of the homeless here. As far as I'm concerned, children being sacred is just another talking point for politicians to get votes.

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Mon 10/26/09 11:27 AM

Oprah had one on Denmark, and it really hits home how behind the times we are with regards to Europe. Kids are supposed to be sacred here in the US, yet everyone is deathly afraid to take to much time off for fear of losing their jobs.
If children were truly sacred to the US we wouldn't have such a high infant mortality rate, and children under the age of 18 wouldn't comprise such a large number of the homeless here. As far as I'm concerned, children being sacred is just another talking point for politicians to get votes.

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Mon 10/26/09 11:21 AM
"War on Terror" for the lose.

BAGHDAD — As the flooding from broken water mains and sewers ebbed on Monday, workers pored over the wreckage from the Baghdad bomb blasts a day earlier, recovering still more bodies, including 30 children at a day-care center playground.

The official death toll climbed to 155, with more than 500 wounded.

The extent of the damage was even worse than initially feared, with three major government buildings destroyed rather than the two at first thought to have been targeted by Sunday’s pair of suicide vehicle bombs.

The first blast that gutted much of the Ministry of Justice also did similar damage to the Ministry of Municipalities and Public Works, located just across the street. The area had been sealed off from the press by authorities on Sunday. The second blast, which came a minute later, destroyed the Baghdad Provincial Council building a quarter-mile away.

Monday, workers were still hunting for victims inside the tangled debris of collapsed ceilings and walls inside those two seven-story high buildings.

A police official stationed at the Ministry of Justice, Hussein Issa, became distraught as a body bag holding the remains of a small person was loaded into a refrigerated van. “Unfortunately our government will not tell the real number of how many were killed,” he said. “Why don’t the terrorists go down and attack the government sitting there in the Green Zone, these were just people doing their jobs.”

The prime minister, president and other top officials have their offices inside the heavily fortified Green Zone, less than a mile from the bomb sites.

Among the victims, Mr. Issa said, were 30 children killed in the Justice Ministry’s day care center. Most were in the center’s playground, close to the street, when the bomb went off, knocking down protective blast walls. “There were children killed in the swings, others who died right where they sat on the see-saws,” said Usay Ednan, a 33-year-old taxi driver who lives nearby and said he was among the first rescuers.

Police at the scene speculated that the force of the explosion was equal to five tons of TNT, which if true would make initial reports that the bombs were carried in cars unlikely. The two badly damaged ministries were on opposite sides of a wide road.

An official at the Ministry of Interior, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press, said investigators were working on the theory that the bomb outside the Ministry of Justice was in a minivan, while that at the provincial council was in a water tanker.

No one has so far claimed responsibility for the pair of bombings, but they were remarkably similar to a pair of coordinated attacks last Aug. 19th targeting the Foreign and Finance Ministry buildings.

Credit for those attacks was claimed on Aug. 24th by the Islamic State of Iraq, an umbrella group that includes al-Qaeda of Mesopotamia, a largely Iraqi group with some foreign leadership. Many analysts view the I.S.I. as no more than a front for al-Qaeda.

“The ground shook beneath their feet and their hearts were torn from fear and terror,” the group boasted in a posting on a jihadi website, according to SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors extremist groups’ internet activities.

Curiously, the ISI also claimed in the same postings to have attacked the Baghdad Provincial Council building at the same time as the Foreign and Finance Ministries, which was not true.

Iraq’s hospitals coped well with the influx of wounded, said Dr. Thamer al-Ali, director of Al-Kindi Hospital, the nearest to the scene. “Unfortunately we are accustomed to such crises,” he said. “We haven’t lost any of the wounded victims. All who reached here are still alive.”

The second blast took place close to an old Anglican church, St. George’s, but fortunately before Sunday services so no one was hurt despite extensive damage to the church’s charity clinic.

Caretaker Edward Edmond was repairing the roof and had a good view of one side of the Baghdad Provincial Council building when the second blast occurred. “I saw the body of a female employee blown out the window,” he said.

The church would have been much more heavily damaged, said lay pastor Faiz Georges, if a windstorm had not blown a tree down on the road outside the night before. That forced the bomber to use the other side of the road. “It was a miracle,” Georges said.

The church, built by the British military during their occupation of Iraq in the 1920s, had lost some of its famous stained-glass windows when the United States bombed a nearby building in 1992, and more were destroyed during the invasion in 2003, Mr.

Edmond said. There were three left, and they were destroyed Sunday, he said.

Earlier in October, a spokesman for the U.S. military, Brigadier General Stephen R. Lanza, said that high profile attacks such as suicide bombings have been generally on the decline, with longer and longer periods between each such attack, suggesting a diminished capacity among insurgents to mount such attacks.

He also said the government had learned from the Aug. 19th attacks. “The government of Iraq reassessed its security measures, adjusted, enhanced and increased its security operations,” he said.

“We are confident the government of Iraq is doing the right things in these areas.”

Lanza said high profile attacks through October 12, 2009 had declined 51 percent compared to the same period in 2008.

After the August bombings, Iraqi officials arrested two men who they said were a Baathist Party member and an al-Qaeda member, and televised their confessions. They also arrested police and military officers responsible for security lapses. None has so far been tried, and U.S. officials have cast doubt on the validity of the confessions.

Elsewhere in Iraq, a suicide car bomber struck a checkpoint outside Karbala Monday afternoon, killing four civilians, according to Sattar Ardawi, chief of the Karbala provincial council’s security committee.

In Babel Province south of Baghdad, three beheaded bodies were found Monday at an abandoned farm about 25 miles north of Hilla, one of them an Iraqi soldier, according to a security source in the provincial government. In Mosul, in northern Iraq, four persons died in three separate attacks Monday.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/27/world/middleeast/27iraq.html?_r=1

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Mon 10/26/09 07:53 AM
And people wonder why I'm afraid to fly...

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Mon 10/26/09 07:47 AM

Come, now. This is childish. Noone OWES you anything. You EARN it. You want kids, save up the money and pay for it yourself. If this mindset is prevalent, it's no WONDER the government thinks it needs to raise us like little children. sad frustrated

Hey Heavenly boy! We finally agree! Here's my take...Mother wants a baby she should have the baby and stay home and raise the baby. Not a nanny or daycare center. Husband(remember those?) should make enough money to provide for Mother and baby. No government control or help.
A parent working doesn't equate to someone else raising the child.

Kitteh_Kat's photo
Thu 10/22/09 08:29 PM

devil I am nekkid right now and I am posting on Minglepitchfork
Proof pics or it didn't happen.