Community > Posts By > AutonomousW

AutonomousW's photo
Thu 10/23/08 12:17 PM
Edited by AutonomousW on Thu 10/23/08 12:23 PM

almost all hunting rifles and shotguns are semi-automatic

Wow, you are extremely wrong.

The majority of hunting rifles and the most popular models, are almost all bolt action. most shot guns in circulation are pump action as well the reason for that being price and tradition. Theres even a large market for pump action home defense shot guns because of how cheap you can get one

The remmington 700 series for instance. An extremely popular series of rifles or perhaps rugers m77's savage is another company that makes good rifles almost entirely bolt action.

AutonomousW's photo
Thu 10/23/08 12:12 PM
Edited by AutonomousW on Thu 10/23/08 12:15 PM

Can someone tell me when you would need a semiautomatic gun for hunting?

Semi automatics that are "assault weapons" are designed for home defense. I'm so sick of people asking why you need them for hunting. Yes they can be used for it in some states, but mainly we keep them around in case some one decides they want to harm us. The people of this country have a right to protect them selves from others, and from their own government.

Banning guns will only result in crime rates rising look what happened to Australia when they ban guns there, and to the guy who posted about England and Canada, Canada does not have a gun ban, they have laws very similar to ours. England has seen a huge jump in burglaries and assaults since guns were out right ban there.

AutonomousW's photo
Thu 10/23/08 11:58 AM
I don't think I would want to live much past 85 or so, seems like quality life goes down the drain right around there for most people. You can count me out of the human vegetable club haha

AutonomousW's photo
Wed 10/22/08 11:33 AM
Fight is tonight every body ready!?!?

AutonomousW's photo
Wed 10/22/08 11:31 AM
its because they had about two good fighters in the lot of them and they hyped kimbo so much and he just went and lost to a nobody. Really though kimbo is a nobody in the world of mma as well, hes a street fighter with very little technique.

Not only that but no one was watching Elite any way.

AutonomousW's photo
Tue 10/21/08 01:48 PM
READ THE CONTEXT.

I was remarking on a woman in a long term serious relationship getting an abortion as being childish, as I feel it is not accepting responsibility for her actions, I also feel the same should go for a male pushing a woman in that situation TO get an abortion. I never said a woman doesnt have an emotional investment in a pregnancy. I remarked that the health risks of an abortion are at least on par with those of giving birth.

I also find it incredibly stupid to try and bring rights into a discussion about taking away a child's future rights. After all getting an abortion is essentially denying a child the right to ever live. I do however support abortions in cases of rape, one night stands and if there are any possible medical complications other than those normally associated with child birth.

I guess me bothering to read your entire post rather than just quoting it and reading the cliff notes was a consideration I wont be getting in return.

Thank you for further proving to me your ignorance.

AutonomousW's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:09 AM
Go ahead and ask Daina white if its about fighting, of course its about fighting and yeah its violent, so is football as well as many other international sports, yet the ufc has not had nearly the severity of injury's that many other sports have. I specifically reference the ufc because i think they have the best rule set. MMA is a legitimate combat sport and in my opinion is the only true sport in witch martial arts are put to proper use.

I have the freedom to see two guys beat the crap out of each other if they choose to do so, and god help the man that tries to take that freedom away.

AutonomousW's photo
Tue 10/21/08 06:19 AM
Edited by AutonomousW on Tue 10/21/08 06:23 AM

Really? You stood by her decision with honor and respect? Then woudnt you be making a point of STATING that very fact on forum instead of continuously whining about a past pregnancy that she CHOSE not to carry to term? All I am and several others have done here is called you on your selfish and immature behavior. You want us to feel sympathy. Maybe some will, but I certainly wont. Stop attempting to explain and re-explain your argument. I understand exactly what went down and the position you are taking now and I disagree which is my prerogative.

It is a WOMAN'S BODY and HER DECISION. What is so terribly difficult for you to understand here as it relates to human dignity and autonomy? You as a male surely have come to expect this right in your day to day life. I see no difference except that women are very often subjugated throughout the world both historically and in our modern society. As a male, it would never even cross your mind to expect any less than the right to control your own body irregardless of the selfish needs and desires of others.

You are a sperm donor. Thats it. When two consenting adults engage in sexual intercourse and a pregnancy occurs, regardless of circumstance or what took place exactly, the woman is now left with that burden. She can either decide to have that child or not. It is obviously not an easy task to carry and deliver a baby. It has PERMANENT physiological repercussions on a woman's body.

If you dont want to face the potential risk of involving yourself with child support then dont have sex!

How incredibly insensitive and ignorant of you.
You think because were male that we have no emotional investment in this at all? Your lack of consideration is astounding.

When your in a relationship, and I'm not talking some one you just picked up at a bar, a real relationship both party's have the right to a say in a matter like that.
Its an unfortunate situation for some women when they have an unwanted pregnancy but I'm afraid that at that point if they don't want the baby they need to look at adoption or giving up custody of the child to the other party in the relationship. After all it takes two to make a baby and the woman is just as responsible for the pregnancy as the man is.
getting an abortion to me in that situation is simply taking the childish way out.

You want to talk about human dignity and autonomy, what about that baby sure maybe at the point of an abortion it doesn't possess any such things, but what are you going to tell the next child you do keep? "You're lucky you didn't come first johnny, you'da wound up in the incinerator! you see daddy wanted to keep your sibling but mommy just wasn't ready for responsibility! Who knows why, maybe she wanted to save her vagina for a few more years, ah well run along son.". Course at that point that relationship would probably already have ended. Oh well.

Oh and I suppose an abortion is far better for a woman's health, you know all that mental anguish and stuff is way better than bigger hips and some extra weight.

AutonomousW's photo
Tue 10/21/08 02:26 AM
You know what a blow out is? its a great victory in sports....its also a great victory in hair cuts.

AutonomousW's photo
Tue 10/21/08 02:25 AM
its about 15 usd a month, its a great game wish i had more time to play it.

AutonomousW's photo
Tue 10/21/08 02:22 AM
virtual memory is not ram.

Virtual memory is the space allotted for your hard drive to queue tasks for your ram to move on to and it helps locate bits of your ram that are not being used and it allocates them tasks witch your computer is preparing to perform. RAM is Random access memory for those of you who don't know. Virtual memory is a way for your computer to basically give your ram better performance by optimizing its ability to perform tasks. essentially when your computer is using its ram, witch it is at all times it sort of fragments its overall performance, virtual memory just takes those little fragments of unused memory and puts them together working on something else.

You can adjust your virtual memory by going to Control Panel: System, Advanced, Performance, Settings, Advanced, Virtual Memory. How ever generally when you are running in to this problem it is because you have to much going on at one time for the amount of ram you have.

you can either buy some more ram, for most boards its incredibly cheap right now. 2gigs for about 40-60 bucks or you can close a lot of the back round tasks running on your computer.
If you need help installing the ram or shutting down back round stuff just let me know I'll try to guide you through it.

AutonomousW's photo
Tue 10/21/08 02:09 AM
Oorah, and no I dont think he does, I dont want to talk about the guys personality but I dont think he has the technique or experience for it yet. Randy is gona go buck wild on his giant butt.

AutonomousW's photo
Tue 10/21/08 01:59 AM
I don't like junie, I think hes to irresponsible to have the talent he has, I expect him not to win the competition but to go on to have a good career in the ufc. As for winners of this one I really couldn't say no one really stands out to me yet.

I do think team Nogiuera has more talent this time around though and Frank doesn't seem like hes nearly the coach Nogiuera is.

AutonomousW's photo
Mon 10/20/08 03:05 PM
personally I think in cases of rape or medical reasons and stuff its a viable option, but if its a situation where some one just isnt "ready" I dont think its such a great thing, I think those people should have to have the child and give it up for adoption.

AutonomousW's photo
Mon 10/20/08 02:18 PM
cowboys are the most often over rated team in the nfl. I cant say im sorry they lost.

AutonomousW's photo
Mon 10/20/08 02:17 PM
Edited by AutonomousW on Mon 10/20/08 02:17 PM
Personally I was surprised at how poorly the colts performed a good win for the packers but that game wasn't what i would call a game of the week. That honor would have to go to the bucs I think. But when the packers come up against chicago on 16th, they arent going to be coming off it with the W.

AutonomousW's photo
Mon 10/20/08 02:06 PM
I live on the northside and out in rockford, just saying whats up.

AutonomousW's photo
Fri 08/24/07 05:57 AM
we just had a tornado come through here last night well sort of must have been storming for 10 hours straight here.

AutonomousW's photo
Fri 08/24/07 05:55 AM
yeah once ya get out towards napperville and downersgrove thats mostly what it is. I live in some bad apartments in the middle of the area sort of. Its like the bad part of those towns where all the cops sit waiting for something to happen

AutonomousW's photo
Fri 08/24/07 05:52 AM
If you like step dancers and Irish music, I'd say hit it up
my family's overly Irish I got sick of em quick to me the best part was the cheap beers.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25