no photo
Mon 06/06/16 03:52 AM
“And explore the possibility of moving beyond friendship.” “...and she could not handle it. “ “The friendship was well established.” “…most women today could not handle a situation like this.” “Like real friends who care” “it was perfect. It was not me”
Etc, etc.

I really wish we could see her side of this story, since we’re only getting your emotionally biased viewpoint on all this.

Because she didn’t act the way you expected, you now consider her “broken”… and then go on to assert that “most” women are somehow equally flawed?

Frankly, your points about “no games” and “no drama” are now seeming pretty ironic-- considering all of the trouble you went to, and then your extreme conclusions when your efforts flopped.

I really wonder if she thinks the friendship is as “well established” as you claim it is, and whether she even had similar intentions for this meeting. You’re starting to sound a lot like those guys who assume that just because they spend money and try to impress a woman, they are then entitled to sexual favors and/or adoration.

Of course, you carefully pointed out that everything was intentionally non-sexual… but you also clearly had high expectations of some sort, that were not shared.

It seems to me that you may not really know her as well as you think you do. And then presuming that her “flaws” also apply to “most” women? Self-centered, and ridiculous.

no photo
Mon 06/06/16 02:55 AM
“…ask her to make you a sandwich.”

Careful, dude… a lot of disgusting things can be hidden between two pieces of bread. :-D

no photo
Mon 06/06/16 02:43 AM
How do you walk away with the wisdom of painful life lessons without the bitterness that sometimes accompanies it?

You never really leave it behind, because like all of your life experiences, it becomes a part of who you are.

But you don’t have to let it rule your existence.

Keep your brain busy with things that really interest you.
Keep your body busy by moving it—chores, exercise, recreation, whatever.
Keep your heart busy by socializing with people you like, and who like you.
Keep your soul busy by helping others… and spirituality, if you’re into that.

It won’t be long before you’ll wake up one day and realize you haven’t even thought about THE BAD THING (whatever it may be) for quite a while.
And as time passes, it becomes less and less important... until it is just another page in the book of your life.

no photo
Mon 06/06/16 01:09 AM
Edited by WhereforeAndWhyNot on Mon 06/06/16 01:10 AM
tears

Well, I hate to burst anyone's bubbles... but you can't believe anything you find on the internet:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/olderwomen.asp

"This item was not penned by Andy Rooney (who passed away at the age of 92 on 4 November 2011); it is an embellished version of a piece created by Frank Kaiser, a columnist whose Suddenly Senior articles are published on his web site and syndicated to a variety of newspapers across the U.S."

"Baltimore Sun writer Susan Reimer contacted Andy Rooney, who told her:
"It just bugs me that anybody would put my name on something I didn't write," said Rooney from his New York office. He's been the object of this kind of hoax before, and another, he said, had just crossed his desk."

"I asked him if he shared the author's affection for older women, and he said, "Not particularly."