JaymeStephens84a0lc's photo
Sun 11/02/08 11:33 AM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Sun 11/02/08 11:35 AM
You're on a dating site sweetie. Also, the one picture of you is too dark and difficult to see. The same thing happens to women on here, most of the time people assume the person emailing them is desperate and ready to get married so they just ignore without even talking to them. I even admit to ignoring anyone who's profile sounds down right desperate. Your's isn't...lol, but some people are just rude and think they're too good to to talk to people. Those are the people that make you wonder why they ever joined a website that has to do with socializing...

Sun 11/02/08 11:22 AM

I am far too humble about the hugeness of my greatness. But, I do take time to stop and smell the little people occasionally.

Right on girl....congrats!

And thank you, to you and Gypsy

Sun 11/02/08 11:21 AM
Well the reason I deactivated ALL dating sites for a while was just to work on myself. I just ignored all social activities, online and in real life, and isolated myself to figure out my plan of action. I'm doing great and finally feel good in myself again. I feel I earned bragging rights...lol, and intend on keeping those bragging rights and increasing them.:banana:

Sun 11/02/08 11:15 AM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Sun 11/02/08 11:16 AM
I'm continuously shrinking (averaging 2-3 lbs a week), eating incredibly healthy, and working out like a fiend. I also stopped smoking about 3 weeks ago and feel as good as if I never smoked at all! I can work out for longer, and do everything more efficiently because I can breathe! Just thought I'd give an update. I'm proud of me happy

Sun 10/26/08 10:54 AM
Necessary.

Tue 08/26/08 10:55 AM

Bobby_J, that makes soooo much sense. You're really smart. Now tell me why I get so bored with jobs...lol. I'm not quittin the one I have til I have another one, but dammit I get bored really easily. Maybe I'm slightly ADD... which isn't completely impossible.

I think I can explain why! I spent 25 years consulting in Information Technology going from company to company. I loved it because I was always in new envoronments and learning new things. In '99 AT&T convinced me to join them as an employee. I had four different director positions with AT&T. The first two positions, I stayed in for just over a year each. In my third position, my boss asked me a question during my annual review that caught me by surpise. She asked; "Bobby, I know you have shifted positions often. What will it take to keep you in our group?" My response; "Don't let me become bored!"

In my response I realized that I have an insatiable need to always be learning something new. Once I knew everything about a position, I became bored and felt compelled to move on to a new challenge.

I think that's what you may feel, too! My advice, get yourself into some sort of consulting type position where you'll always be happy learning new things.

You're a genius!! You're soooo right!!! Thats it!!

Tue 08/26/08 10:02 AM

i wasn't talking about people,

devil devil devil devil devil devil

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh :wink:

LOL, well if you meant the dance I dunno how to do that eitherlaugh laugh laugh

Tue 08/26/08 10:00 AM
Bobby_J, that makes soooo much sense. You're really smart. Now tell me why I get so bored with jobs...lol. I'm not quittin the one I have til I have another one, but dammit I get bored really easily. Maybe I'm slightly ADD... which isn't completely impossible.

Tue 08/26/08 08:38 AM

Get your hustle on laugh

laugh
Unfortunately for me I have too big of a conscience to hustle ppl...lol

Tue 08/26/08 07:23 AM
I'd love to do the medical transcription thing but I can't afford school...lol. I don't have time to spend on it b/c I'm working and trying to help my family survive. I need something I can do with my already good skills and make a decent living eventually. I don't expect to replace my current fulltime job over night, but I would like to ween myself to it eventually.

Tue 08/26/08 05:45 AM
I currently work as a telefundraiser, which is telemarketing for charities. I'm great on computers, smart saleswoman, great phone presence. I type around 60-70 wpm... I just need something to fill in the blanks, and maybe eventually take over as full time work if it pays well enough.

Tue 08/26/08 05:20 AM
I'm looking for something to do after work hours. I'm off today and thought I'd spend it looking for a part or full time evening job I can do from home. Any suggestions?

Tue 08/26/08 05:05 AM

Whats the payoff? What do you get out of relationships that go nowhere?
YOU keep doing it, and you must get something out of it.

Thats an excellent question, one I very much intend to figured out the answer to. Thank you for that, I'll definitely consider your words.flowerforyou

Tue 08/26/08 05:01 AM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Tue 08/26/08 05:13 AM
Who's life doesn't have drama? I don't LIKE it, but sh!t happens. Who are you to judge me? The guy psyched me out and made me think I coulda been preg even though I KNEW in my heart I wasn't. I came here to vent about it and work it through in my head so that I didn't have to bother anyone in my daily life with it. With the guy who offered me a car... did I take it? NO, am I human enough to have considered it? YES. Longhair, you seem to always have something mean to say about me and its time you give it up. I'm not the horrible person you wish I was, and I'm not a drama queen by any stretch of the imagination. If something is bothering me I come here or blog about it to work through it so that I can keep my real life as drama free as possible. How strange is that? By my account I'm not the only one who does it...lol. You see me and there's something about yourself you see in me that you don't like. Guess what, tough. Get over it dear, because I'm not any of your concern. If you don't like me, post somewhere other than on my threads.

May I also point out that I did NOT start this thread to argue with a single soul. I was curious if I was the only one who does this, or if anyone had any advice how to stop it. I did not ask you to come in here and attack my character as if you actually know anything about me whatsoever, which you don't.

Mon 08/25/08 07:37 PM

Do you think its possible that I'm subconsciously picking emotionally unavailable men to protect myself? I mean, if its someone that I pretty much know isn't going to be down for a relationship, then I already am prepared for it to NOT happen. Is it possible that after being hurt so many times I'm sabotaging myself to avoid getting close?

Do you think it's possible that you subconciously (or conciously) don't want to be emotionally involved in a relationship so you pick the bad ones so that you can be the victim of those terrible men out there that keep taking advantage of you?

Another version of the "nice guy" thread?

What's the over/under for how many times I get lambasted for this thought?think

I don't play the victim... EVER... I tend to just let it roll off my back without a second thought. So no, thats not it. I usually just go "why the **** did I do that to myself?" cus I see it coming more times than not...

Mon 08/25/08 05:20 PM
Lily, I totally wish you lived in Arkansas. I for some reason just want us to go to the bar together...lol... you so seem like my kind of person to hang around.

Mon 08/25/08 05:15 PM

yes, stop it...

laugh yes ma'am

Mon 08/25/08 05:06 PM

Yes, you can be picking men that way. Dr Harvile Hendrix put out a book a few years ago called "Getting The Love That You Want". In it he explores how we choose mates that have the same deficiencies as one or both of our parents. According to him, he would suggest that one or both of your parents was/were emotionally unavailable to you. You choose a mate that is the same way because you missed this availability as a child and you wanted it from that parent. Of course, we could not change our parent's behavior. So instead, you choose a mate who is also unavailable to complete the change you sought in the parent. All of this is done subconsciously. The important thing the doc writes in his book is to recognize what you are trying to do subconsciously and pursue someone who is emotionally available. The reason being you will forever live your life trying to change someone who cannot or will not change to meet this need. I hope this all makes sense!

It really does honestly. My dad was unavailable to me PERIOD. Not just emotionally, but just straight up not there. I'd worked myself out of that rut a few years ago...bah! lol, I guess thats what I get for being out of the game for a while, I gotta start over...

Mon 08/25/08 05:01 PM
I do know the answer pretty much...lol. I took over a year off from actual "dating" and just stayed single without trying to really meet anyone. I mean, I spoke to people but that was it. Now I think I'm just so used to being single it scares me to lose myself to another person. I know who I am and don't want anyone trying to change me. It seems that most available men are wanting one type of woman that I am NOT. I'm not 100lbs, I'm not a freakin size 0, I'm not easily molded into whatever they like. I'm me; I'm a free spirited, wild hearted, animal loving vegetarian hippie who the only thing I truely want in life is to be a mother. I don't want any part of me stifled for a relationship. THAT scares me.

Mon 08/25/08 04:52 PM
I just started realizing it recently. I don't WANT to do that, but I guess after so many goes at trying to be "the perfect woman" you kinda shut yourself off from honest attempts. I can't say I've met one man in the last year who honestly cared about me and wanted me for more than one thing. I think its like I'm going for those guys to justify not trusting men. I don't NOT trust EVERY man, it just seems that the ones I meet are worse than "bad boys" if you get what I mean. I'm just tired of trying to figure out this whole dating thing... I hate dating. I'm a relationship type of woman, I can't do drama...