Community > Posts By > Periwinkle58

Periwinkle58's photo
Wed 09/30/09 12:39 PM
Charles,
I have a lot of concerns about the email also. It seems that people who mutual match to me and nudge me and we exchange emails to the point that we are planning to meet and they suddenly stop responding. I'm starting to think all these guys are flakes, then I started reading more stuff about other people having problems. Can you please check into my situation?
Thanks!
Periwinkle

Periwinkle58's photo
Sun 09/27/09 06:24 PM
Yes I do. (And I'm his favorite!) blushing

Periwinkle58's photo
Sun 09/06/09 06:33 AM
I read "The Shack" twice and would love to do a book study. Sadly many Christians are going by "book reviews" or editorials based on book reviews by people who have not actually read the book or that are so close minded that they cannot be open to the errors in their own belief system. I grew up in the church and have a powerful relationship with my Lord today. Yet, this novel (make-believe story) challenged every one of my paradigms. When the word of God says that we cannot fathom who God is, I hardly think the little box where I've put God is sufficient to understand Him. I read the book to my children (9 and 12) softening the most difficult parts, yet they loved our nightly time to explore who God is. We lauged and cried together as we sensed the deep compassion of our God and His desire to bring us closer to Him in a truly intimate relationship. Last month Guideposts ran a story about the author and a new view into his own pain.