Community > Posts By > Belushi

Belushi's photo
Wed 06/30/10 03:11 PM

I mean, god forbid there should be a country who wants to impose its will on another group of people in the name of something!!!!

??? What do you think WE have doing all these years?
laugh laugh

Im a Brit and that was sarcasm and aimed at the US.
Glad to see that someone picked it up ... :)

Belushi's photo
Wed 06/30/10 03:04 PM

You dont b!tch about your employer to a national news paper!

If you do, you deserve to get sacked.

Neither the government nor the armed forces are "employers". They are petty thugs who use force to extort money from citizens and murder foreigners. rant (Employers actually contribute to society and the economy, unlike government goons.)

em·ploy (m-ploi)
tr.v. em·ployed, em·ploy·ing, em·ploys
1. a. To engage the services of; put to work:
1. b. To provide with gainful work:
2. To put to use or service. See Synonyms at use.
3. To devote (time, for example) to an activity or purpose: employed several months in learning Swahili.

n.
1. The state of being employed: in the employ of the nation

So, as he got paid for gainful work, I think you will find he was employed by the Federal govt. Head of which is? Oh yeah POTUS!

Dont argue semantics when its flimsy at best.

Belushi's photo
Wed 06/30/10 03:00 PM
Am near there now.

There is soooo much to do in London, I could spend a whole week typing out things to do in a week.

If you are working then the train into the city will be the best bet.

But you have 4 or 5 FREE museums
National History
Science Museum
V&A Museum
British Museum

you have Camden Town for live music
Brick lane for Asian food
Oxford street for shopping
Covent Garden for a Sunday chill-out coffee
Tours up the Thames and down to the Dungeons
Madam Tussauds and the Planetarium ...
and obviously the big 3
Big Ben/Houses of Parliament
Tower Bridge and my absolute favourite
The Tower of London!

... and thats just in 5 mins.
Im a Brit and London is THE most amazing city!
Enjoy

Belushi's photo
Wed 06/30/10 02:49 PM
You dont b!tch about your employer to a national news paper!

If you do, you deserve to get sacked.

Belushi's photo
Wed 06/30/10 02:47 PM
Its only the fanatics who want this.
Your average common-or-garden muslim wants nothing more than to procreate and live in peace.

I mean, god forbid there should be a country who wants to impose its will on another group of people in the name of something!!!!

I think the phrase kettles, pots and the colour black are something worth considering.

All this hooting and hollering about "The sky is falling in" will only serve to exacerbate the situation.

Belushi's photo
Mon 06/21/10 11:42 PM
House is not all about the medicine. Its about the relationships that are in his sphere and it is a direct take off of Sherlock Holmes.

There are so many references to Holmes its brilliant.

Holmes and House are opiate addicts.
H & H are social misfits, yet brilliant logical minds
They both have a side-kick called W ... (Watson/Wilson)

House lives in 221B (in the early series)
Holmes lived in 221B Baker Street ... it goes on.

Dont look at just the medicine. Its so much more than that.

Big fan, as you can tell.

All 6 series saved and watched again and again

Belushi's photo
Tue 05/11/10 04:41 AM
Europe is an amazing place! The Germans and the Austrians are very warm, friendly people.
Dont have a huge amount of experience of the Czech Republic. (Only have had one Czech friend)

A very high percentage of Germans speak very good English.
The Czech Republic, not so many, but Prague will have the highest percentage.
Austria also not so many.
If you can make it to Switzerland, then the majority of the Swiss speak English).

Your DVD players wont work here either. You need to change your Region code.

Flying over here from the States, to prevent jet lag, when you get on the plane stick to our time to sleep and eat. (As you are behind us in time)

Take an enorrrrrrrrrmous amount of photos!!! If it moves, sleeps, walks, talks, or just looks like a building - Photo it!!! lol

Also do a bit of research on each of places you visit.
It will endear you to the locals.

Belushi's photo
Mon 11/09/09 12:15 AM
Its also the place where the Indians and the Pakistanis are rattling their sabres at each other and the world seems to have forgotten it!

Belushi's photo
Sat 10/17/09 08:58 AM
Menorca, Balearic Islands - Stunning

Belushi's photo
Wed 09/09/09 03:05 AM

Not to mention the 1 in 10 chance some turban wearing nutcase with visions of Allah abducts you.

Considering 70% of the population is Christian, I find your lack of facts incredible.

But then I expect not a great deal else ...
noway

Belushi's photo
Mon 07/27/09 01:42 PM
I started travelling 25 years ago when I was 17.

I have lived and worked on 3 of the 6 continents on the planet ... still travelling now!

Belushi's photo
Mon 07/27/09 01:39 PM
Nissan Skyline R34 2.6 - 500BHP

I think that might beat most American ....

Then there is my Suzuki GSX 1300R ... 1997, in gold, not limited to the 185mph that all bikes made since 1998 are!

... and a damn site more comfortable than the rattly, rock hard seated Hardleys

Belushi's photo
Fri 05/15/09 09:52 PM
I have gone full circle.
I started on Apple IIe, then went to a variety of gaming computers C64/Spectrum then finally landed on an IBM lump-top!
Worked with every sort of pc in between that and my current laptop/desktop

I hate Vista and loved Windows 98SE

Now I have a MacBook as well.

The thing I like more than anything else about the Mac is the power output of the wireless adapter.
I can find many more networks to "borrow" from on my Mac than I can on my pc.

Having said that, its only a machine and if you know what you are doing with it, the Mac is just as good as the pc at everything and much better than the pc than others!

Belushi's photo
Sun 03/15/09 06:16 AM
80% or more of our communication is non-verbal. so do we really need language?
Probably not.
The fact it makes our life easier means that we have evolved to use a set of muscles to generate a sound that can be distinguished and evaluated by another group of people.

All animals use body language - we are no different.

If I cross my arms across my body when you are telling me something I dont like it means something.

If I tilt my head when I am listening to you then that also means something.

There are animals that use different sound forms to express pain, pleasure and intent.

Being a diving instructor the undersea world fascinates me.
It takes away my ability to talk very much. But I can communicate my needs very well using my hands.

Dolphins and whales have voices, but it's a lot different from most other mammals. The limited visibility under water made sounds and hearing very important for them. The sounds of the whales are not produced with their mouth/beak but only inside their blow-hole. They also use frequencies that reach far beyond our hearing capabilities. Of course they can also hear these higher frequencies.

Just as we, whales use sound to communicate. Large whales can communicate over very large distances (several hundred kilometers!) using very low frequencies. Dolphins usually use higher frequencies which limits the distance.

Tooth whales use sound not only to communicate, but also to "see". Similar to bats they send out sounds and listen to the echo that comes back from objects (like fish or rocks). This kind of SONAR (SOund NAvigation Ranging) works very well. Even in complete darkness they can find their way through the ocean and also find their food.

When you listen to the sounds you will usually hear two kinds of sounds. One that sounds like whistling (high pitched sounds) and one that sounds like a rattle or clicking. In general the whistles are for communication and the clicks is the SONAR.

So, no, we dont need verbal language!

Belushi's photo
Sat 03/07/09 09:55 PM
Who said "Oh sh1T!! Im on the wrong train" ?

Belushi's photo
Sat 02/21/09 11:31 PM
I am a Brit living in the Sinai Desert in Egypt and I am planning on going back to the UK for 3 days - and I am not looking forward to it!

Its going to be cold and rainy!

But after that I am returning to Egypt and heading up to live in Cairo for a new job - teaching English!

Now that, I am looking forward to!

Belushi's photo
Sat 02/14/09 07:18 AM

That goes totally ignored by the religious.

Then they ask the same questions that were just answered.

Then the proponents of evolution post their links to scientific websites, links to videos, photographs.....

And then the cat people attack.flowerforyou Happy Valentines Day:banana:

No news there then. frustrated

The same old tired religious arguments by the same blind led-by-the-nose people.

Obviously things must be slow in the xtian forum that they have to try and stir things up.

Must have had enough happy clapping slaphead

Belushi's photo
Sat 02/14/09 03:17 AM
The ability to make a girl laugh, whether you want her in or out of her knickers is one of the greatest gifts a guy can have.

Sex ain't all!

Humour is where it's at!
... and a cute British accent ;-)

Belushi's photo
Sat 02/14/09 02:45 AM
Hey Kids,
Fancy a giggle
Check out my blog. I have just added to it.
Just done a piece on the delights of Valentine's day and the Cairo taxis

http://dunx.net/wordpress/?p=57#comments

Belushi's photo
Fri 02/13/09 11:47 AM
It has been going for a long time, because they raised more money than expected.

Better than being told I was going to burn in someone's imaginary pit!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25