Community > Posts By > Mcobi927

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 06:02 AM

Miyan Kuka is a traditional Northern Nigerian soup which is well-loved by the Hausas.

As we say, whip out your notepads, get on your aprons and treat yourself to the spicy delight that is Miyan Kuka.

Bon apetit!

Ingredients

300g beef

1 bulb of sliced onion

1 medium dried fish

4 hot peppers (washed, soaked and flaked)

2 tablespoons of kuka [baobab] leaves (pounded to paste)

1 tablespoon dawadawa (fermented dried seeds of the African locust bean pressed into a ball or a cake)

1 teaspoon of yaji (suya seasoning)

Pinch of potash

3 tablespoons of palm oil

2 seasoning cubes

Salt

Preparation (Miyan Kuka)

Season the beef with seasoning cubes, onions and a little salt, boil until beef is tender.

When the meat is boiled, add the dried fish, pepper and yaji spice. Boil for 10 minutes more and then add the dawadawa and cook for another 10 minutes.

Add the remaining seasoning cube and salt. Cook for 5 minutes further then lower the heat and set aside to cool slightly for about 5 minutes. Now add the kuka and whisk into the soup to thicken it, turn back the heat and cook for about 2 minutes more.

Turn off the heat and serve with Tuwo Shinkafa.

Preparation (Tuwo Shinkafa)

Wash and boil rice, do not add salt

Keep adding water intermittently till the rice is softer than the regular rice that is eaten with stew

When the rice is boiled, mash and turn with a turning stick in the same manner as you would make eba

When it is well-mashed, put back on the fire and cook for about two minutes

Turn off the heat

Serve with Mayin Kuka

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 05:41 AM

My ancestry is mostly west African, also west indian and Scotland

my culture is Midwestern US/African American

I was raised very much with an emphasis on awareness of how things are, of the need to have balance, of choice, and of family and community as a unit that works together, where those with much responsibility earn much authority over those with less responsibility,,,that there is a hierarchy of authority in all aspects of life that is based upon the differing levels of authority,,,,with elders having the utmost authority within family

I was raised in a culture where children and adult are not the same , where adults care after children regardless of the biology, and where spanking is the expected consequence/discipline for more serious offenses

I was raised females should be ladies and males should be gentleman

I was also raised to place a priority on not being 'lazy' , in action OR thought

I appreciate where I am without ever losing respect or acknowledgement of those who paved the way for me to be here and their sacrifice/struggle

I was brought up with the same ideology respect,self dispaline

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 05:35 AM

I'm from West Africa origin Kanem was located at the southern end of the trans-Saharan trade route between Tripoli and the region of Lake Chad. Besides its urban elite it included a confederation of nomadic peoples who spoke languages of the Teda–Daza (Toubou) group.

Wow..you are nomadic too?
Or the origin is?
How many original languages when your country became a nation.? . Because a trade route is.. Many types of people or cultures & how many languages are there now.?
Do you have a main or legal/ official language? Like we have English.

We have many dialects and we don't have an official language cos of different tribes but in major cities is English

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 05:19 AM

I am American & most of my ancestors are from Northern & Eastern Europe, some dating back to the 1400's.
I consider myself 'other' (race) Euro American.

So I really love food from around the world.

Most Americans, only consider themselves 'American'. Because most have soo.. many nationalities, that their ancestors blended into 'one culture- American'.

Americans tend to be 'nomadic'. I have lived in 13 places & have family in 5 states & other countries.

Most Americans are 'Nationalists', not 'Globalists', So no matter what or who we are, even if it is a separate community lifestyle, or state, we are still 'One Nation'

Where I live there are many races & nationalities & 2 main religions. There are 5 dialects of English in my state. I have lived in this state for approximately 3 years & one dialect of English, I still can not understand... noway Hhhaaa..
I apologize to them a lot, because they were born in this state & I was not. And yes..when I speak they can tell....hhhaaa.. embarassed

Accents are easier for me, for some reason. Perhaps because I grew up hearing so many. But American English dialects..
(Are regional) Ugh.. There are hundreds!

Yeah that's why we have lost a lot of our cultural heritage

Some people do not know where they are from. I have met many. I feel bad for them. But here in the USA most do not care about 'original culture'. But I ask people anyway.. I want to eat their food! :laughing: I want to hear their music :banana:

Really do want to eat our food it's spices

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 05:17 AM
I'm from West Africa origin Kanem was located at the southern end of the trans-Saharan trade route between Tripoli and the region of Lake Chad. Besides its urban elite it included a confederation of nomadic peoples who spoke languages of the Teda–Daza (Toubou) group.

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 05:06 AM

I am American & most of my ancestors are from Northern & Eastern Europe, some dating back to the 1400's.
I consider myself 'other' (race) Euro American.

So I really love food from around the world.

Most Americans, only consider themselves 'American'. Because most have soo.. many nationalities, that their ancestors blended into 'one culture- American'.

Americans tend to be 'nomadic'. I have lived in 13 places & have family in 5 states & other countries.

Most Americans are 'Nationalists', not 'Globalists', So no matter what or who we are, even if it is a separate community lifestyle, or state, we are still 'One Nation'

Where I live there are many races & nationalities & 2 main religions. There are 5 dialects of English in my state. I have lived in this state for approximately 3 years & one dialect of English, I still can not understand... noway Hhhaaa..
I apologize to them a lot, because they were born in this state & I was not. And yes..when I speak they can tell....hhhaaa.. embarassed

Accents are easier for me, for some reason. Perhaps because I grew up hearing so many. But American English dialects..
(Are regional) Ugh.. There are hundreds!

Yeah that's why we have lost a lot of our cultural heritage

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 03:56 AM
I like to know about people's different cultures let's have a decent conversation

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 03:40 AM

Don't know the difference

Are you serious? You are 40 yrs old.

Yes I am 40 years old

Then you should know the difference between attraction/ lust & genuine affection, caring/ love.

Yeah I just wanna see some opinion on the topic how people differentiate it we all look at things differently sometimes

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 03:31 AM

I am all about the respect.online & in person
[/
quote]
Yeah you said it all

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 03:26 AM

Really, i dont think this is a site for instantly hooking up, but maybe you got some messages that were not just about sex, i think...

absolutely

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 03:13 AM

Are you serious? You are 40 yrs old.

Yes I am 40 years old

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 02:58 AM

Mcobi927's photo
Thu 02/18/16 03:11 PM
Marriage and divorce