Community > Posts By > Mcobi927

Mcobi927's photo
Tue 02/23/16 06:17 AM
Age is just a number

Mcobi927's photo
Tue 02/23/16 12:42 AM
Do you think artificial intelligence will take over from humans?

Mcobi927's photo
Mon 02/22/16 10:27 AM
Civil war,X men,doctor strange, deadpool, Teenage mutants ninja turtles Suicide squad drinker

Mcobi927's photo
Mon 02/22/16 09:45 AM
So excited can't wait for this movie love

Mcobi927's photo
Mon 02/22/16 09:39 AM
Narutu, vampire night special,Sushi police

Mcobi927's photo
Mon 02/22/16 07:12 AM
Which one do you prefer the old fashion way of reading a hard cover book or newspaper? Or you prefer to read online?

Mcobi927's photo
Mon 02/22/16 06:54 AM

Who is the world's oldest serving president?

Mcobi927's photo
Mon 02/22/16 06:41 AM

Who is the world's oldest saving president?

What?
so sorry my bad spelling mistake it's serving

Mcobi927's photo
Mon 02/22/16 06:38 AM

I think he means oldest living president, but which country? Hmmmmm,,,
oops sorry it was a spelling mistake

Mcobi927's photo
Mon 02/22/16 06:37 AM

I think he means oldest living president, but which country? Hmmmmm,,,

I thought he meant oldest surviving President including former Presidents. If that's the case it is George H. W. Bush

Serving president means who is still president And I think it's Robert mugabe of Zimbabwe 90 years old then followed by Queen Elizabeth ll 89 years

Mcobi927's photo
Mon 02/22/16 03:49 AM

Gotham comes back next Monday and after this long tree month winter break its coming back as Wrath of the Villains!

What they said we will see in the next episode is GCPD going after Victor Freeze and going to his wife for help, Alfred revealing information to Bruce Wayne about his father and the murders and Penguin meeting Doctor Strange.

BD Wong is joining the cast as Doctor Strange, Paul Reubens is joining the cast as Penguins father and Jada Pinkett Smith is returning to play Fish Mooney(Ugh, the worst character in the history of the show). All though you could see Fish Mooney in the last episode in Dr. Strange's lab at the end of the episode.

Can't wait :banana: glasses

Mcobi927's photo
Mon 02/22/16 03:47 AM
Who is the world's oldest saving president?

Mcobi927's photo
Sun 02/21/16 01:12 PM
Am still learning but I found it quite interesting I get to see different perspective on lot of topics

Mcobi927's photo
Sun 02/21/16 12:29 AM
History is both science and arts what do you think?

Mcobi927's photo
Sun 02/21/16 12:28 AM
Love at first sight : that happens only in fairy tales :smile:

Mcobi927's photo
Sun 02/21/16 12:05 AM

Looks does it matter?

You tell us.
Looking at your picture you shaved your head and face, but not your eyebrows.
Why?
laugh

Mcobi927's photo
Sat 02/20/16 12:44 AM
Like the saying love is blind. .....

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 07:16 AM
Egusi Soup

2 lb(s) boneless goat meat, cut in bite-size pieces

dried fish, to taste

2 medium onions, roughly chopped

Coarse salt

4 maggi cubes, or other chicken bouillion cubes

3 cup water

4 fresh Jamaican chile peppers

dried shrimp, to taste

dried crayfish, to taste

2 cup melon seed

1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed (340 g)

½ cup palm oil

1 cup vegetable oil

Pounded Yam

2 cup Negro yam flour

2 cup water

AssemblyDIRECTIONSEgusi Soup

1. Put the goat meat in a medium pot.

2. Rinse the dried fish and add it to the pot.

3. Add 1 onion, salt to taste and 2 maggi cubes.

4. Add 3 cups water and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 min.

5. Meanwhile, put the chile peppers and the remaining onion in a blender and puree.

6. Scrape the onion pepper mixture into a bowl and set aside.

7. Put the shrimp, crayfish and melon seed in a clean blender and blend until a powder forms.

8. Put it in a bowl and set aside.

9. Squeeze the excess liquid from the spinach and set aside.

10. After 30 minutes, check the meat.

11. If it is still tough, add more water to the pot so that cooking liquid covers the meat.

12. Continue to cook until the goat is fork tender, add the onion pepper mixture and cook 15 minutes.

13. Reduce heat to medium and add the melon seed mixture.

14. Cook 30 minutes longer and add the spinach, the oils and the 2 remaining maggi cubes.

15. Cover it and cook for another 15 minutes.

Pounded Yam

1. Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil on high heat.

2. Turn the heat to medium and stir in the pounded yam flour.

3. Keep stirring until it is smooth and soft. If it is really thick, add some hot water. It will have a similar texture to polenta.

Assembly

1. Serve the pounded yam on plates and serve with bowls of egusi soup.

2. Dip the pounded yam into the egusi soup.

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 06:58 AM

MIYAN TAUSHE

A great blend of groundnut and pumpkin leaves spiced with pepper, Dawadawa (or Iru) & Knorr cubes. It is enjoyed best with Tuwo Shinkafa

INGREDIENTS
1 small sized Pumpkin
1/2 cup of raw Groundnut – you can substitute with groundnut pasteAssorted
NamaaGoat meat and cow legAssorted Offals
- sakifuku, heart and kidney
1 piece of smoked fish
1/4 cup of Locust beans (Iru)
2 pieces of habanero pepper (ata rodo/atarugu)
100g of Yakuwa leaves (sorrel)
1 bunch of spinach1 cooking spoon of palm oil – optional
1 piece of Tatashe (Red bell pepper/Jan Tatasei )
2 pieces of tomatoes1 Albasa – onionKnorr salt

PREPARATION METHOD
Cut the pumpkin into half then proceed to cut into chunks. Peel the hard outer layer, take out the seeds and the hairy pulp Boil and season the pumpkin with the assorted meats and smoked fish.Take out the meats and fry slightly (optional). Meanwhile, mash the cooked pumpkin to a pulp in the pot containing the beef stock. You can choose to mash all the pumpkin chunks to a pulp or mash some whilst leaving the others in tiny bite sized pieces. Once this is done, set aside.Roast the groundnut with the skin on for 3 minutes in a pan. Peel the skin and grind the groundnut till it is smooth Blend the ingredients for the pepper (tomatoes, onion, scotch bonnet/habanero pepper & bell pepper) and reduce it till most of the water content has evaporated.Put the fried meat back into the pot containing beef stock and mashed pumpkin. Let it cook till the stock starts to bubble up. Lower the heat, add the groundnut paste, stir and let it also dissolve.Add the Locust beans (or Iru) and 1 1/2 cooking spoons of the reduced pepper, and palm oil (if you are using). Stir and let it blend with the stock This rich pumpkin soup will be watery at first. Let it simmer on low heat till it thickens, thereby intensifying the flavour. Taste for salt and seasoning. Wash and chop the spinach, then add to the pot.Rinse the Yakuwa leaves, chop and add to the soup. Give it two minutes and serve with Tuwo Shinkafa

This I think I would like. But the animal parts are a problem. Where I live now I can not get goat. And I don't think I want to eat heart or lungs of anything. whoa
I would have to be starving.. Hhhaaa.

Do you have any African recipes for Yams ? I have had that before.

laugh you can use fish the animal parts are optional
And yes I have recipes for yam

Mcobi927's photo
Fri 02/19/16 06:18 AM

MIYAN TAUSHE

A great blend of groundnut and pumpkin leaves spiced with pepper, Dawadawa (or Iru) & Knorr cubes. It is enjoyed best with Tuwo Shinkafa

INGREDIENTS
1 small sized Pumpkin
1/2 cup of raw Groundnut – you can substitute with groundnut pasteAssorted
NamaaGoat meat and cow legAssorted Offals
- sakifuku, heart and kidney
1 piece of smoked fish
1/4 cup of Locust beans (Iru)
2 pieces of habanero pepper (ata rodo/atarugu)
100g of Yakuwa leaves (sorrel)
1 bunch of spinach1 cooking spoon of palm oil – optional
1 piece of Tatashe (Red bell pepper/Jan Tatasei )
2 pieces of tomatoes1 Albasa – onionKnorr salt

PREPARATION METHOD
Cut the pumpkin into half then proceed to cut into chunks. Peel the hard outer layer, take out the seeds and the hairy pulp Boil and season the pumpkin with the assorted meats and smoked fish.Take out the meats and fry slightly (optional). Meanwhile, mash the cooked pumpkin to a pulp in the pot containing the beef stock. You can choose to mash all the pumpkin chunks to a pulp or mash some whilst leaving the others in tiny bite sized pieces. Once this is done, set aside.Roast the groundnut with the skin on for 3 minutes in a pan. Peel the skin and grind the groundnut till it is smooth Blend the ingredients for the pepper (tomatoes, onion, scotch bonnet/habanero pepper & bell pepper) and reduce it till most of the water content has evaporated.Put the fried meat back into the pot containing beef stock and mashed pumpkin. Let it cook till the stock starts to bubble up. Lower the heat, add the groundnut paste, stir and let it also dissolve.Add the Locust beans (or Iru) and 1 1/2 cooking spoons of the reduced pepper, and palm oil (if you are using). Stir and let it blend with the stock This rich pumpkin soup will be watery at first. Let it simmer on low heat till it thickens, thereby intensifying the flavour. Taste for salt and seasoning. Wash and chop the spinach, then add to the pot.Rinse the Yakuwa leaves, chop and add to the soup. Give it two minutes and serve with Tuwo Shinkafa