Community > Posts By > trubeliever

trubeliever's photo
Sat 08/22/09 01:45 PM
The only thing that will work is the Lord, being close to Him reading His word, going to church and being around His people. I am speaking from experience I have come to relize i have not been where i need to be with the Lord and the relationship i just got out of proved it i had my "needs met" and thought it was ok because i loved him then WHAM!!!! The Lord says what do u think u are doing. I relized that when i put Him(the Lord) first i dont fall that easy and when you get it in your mind that you are not going to do something use Him as a strong hold and u wont fall. If you are hanging out with the same people DONT it will not work. I had a preacher ask once if u are trying to pull someone out of a pool what will normally happen? YOu will be pulled in, instead of helping them out. you will get right back into what u were doing. I know its hard to cut the cord,so to speak, but u will be stronger for it in the end. I am much better now than i have been in a long time and its all the Lord and mercy and grace. Blessings

trubeliever's photo
Wed 07/08/09 11:52 AM
No the point he was tryiing to make is that God dont cause these problems we do. For example if someone has sex ( not a tacky wordhappy ) and gets a desease then its their fault not Gods. Yes He could of stoped it if He wanted but that is the conquences of the sin. I have been through things in my life that at the time i didnt understand.I try to be a good Christian, so why was I having to go through these things then later down the road someone else was going through something simlar and they could get strenght from me and I will get strength from them. See my church family comes in a very close second to my blood family and they are there for me always. i have never had them go "NOPE, not my problem". it has always been what can i do to help. I've said it before if you havent believed then there is no way you can understand. But the thing is it dont matter whether u believe or not because its true. How do i know because i was there the night Jesus saved me and made me a new person. I can do anything i want to do but the thing is i dont want to do the things i used to do they dont interest me anymore. This may not have helped one bit but i hope it does. Have a great day.:banana:

trubeliever's photo
Mon 07/06/09 06:58 PM
That is a very good question, but I did (reject it) even before i believed, it just never made any sence to me. I didnt become a believer until i was 20yrs old and i was not raised in church at all. So yeah i guess i would still reject it.

trubeliever's photo
Mon 07/06/09 06:51 PM
rofl what more can i say that was very funny.laugh

trubeliever's photo
Mon 07/06/09 10:34 AM

It will help eliminate the idea that the original poster is attempting to proselytize and set the stage for a more intelligent dialogue.

I haven't been reading the GR forums much lately, but it wasn't very long ago that proselytizing threads were quite common and there was no doubt that this was precisely their goal.

Most people who believe in the Bible aren't the least bit interested in discussing it intelligently. Specifically with regard to whether or not it's God's word.

Their idea of intelligent discussion is to sit around in Bible study with a bunch of believers who are all offering supporting views and testimonies. They simply aren't interested in what non-believers half to say. From their point of view non-believers have yet to 'find' themselves.

They view non-believers as those who have either 'turned away' from God, or have yet to 'discover' the truth of God's word. They simply can't imagine any other scenario.

That's precisely what the authos of the Bible have intended to brainwashes people to think.

I could quote you direct verses from the book that states supposedly in God's own words that anyone who refuses to believe in God's word is a heathen and a sinner and cannot possibly be up to any good. In fact there are even versus where God commands that nonbelievers be stoned to death. In fact, this peeves the Biblical God so much, that not only does he command that the heathens be stoned to death but he demands that their wive, children, livestock, and the entire village from whence they came be destroyed. Everything there should be burned to the ground and nothing shall be built upon that site again.

Damn. I almost quoted the verses verbatim by accident. ohwell

Anyway, as you can see, if you disbelieve that the Bible is the word of God then God will really be peeved and throw a temper tantrum on a major scale.

Or if you're a non-believer, then the authors who wrote that godforsaken book would like you to believe that God is that insane and hateful.

This has always been one of the reasons that has contributed to my rejection of the Bible. As far as I'm concerned God must be at least as nice as me. After all, I could hardly be the compassionate superior to God. Yet, the Bible describes a God who is not anywhere near as nice as even myself. Not that I'm all that nice, but you don't need to be very nice to be nicer than the Biblical God.

I know that I can't be nicer than God, yet the Bible demands that this must be the case, so clearly there's got to be a major problem. Like the book is just a big manmade fat lie. :wink:

Well, that's my opinion anyway. Everyone is entitled to reach their own conclusions on that one I guess.

But if you see a thread that looks like proselytizing, it probably is. bigsmile

How can we discuss something with people that cant possible undersand what we are talking about? When u dont believe yes it will make no sence and it will sound stupid. You can call me brain washed then yeppy this is the best brainwashing i have ever heard of. God is very good, loving and caring. I would like to know the scripture you referred to. I have no doubt it is in there because u dont seem like you have read it. But reading it understanding are two very different things and no i dont understand it all. U have a great day.

trubeliever's photo
Mon 07/06/09 10:00 AM
See we do kind of agree the only thing i dont agree with is evolution I just refuse to believe we came from monkeys or fish or whatever. I like the idea that God created us. Now i do believe we have changed in our appearance that we can see in bones they have found of people long ago. The purpose to the change i have no idea. Blessings to you.

trubeliever's photo
Sun 07/05/09 07:49 PM

I pray and date.
When I become serious with someone I tell the Lord..."If this is not the man you want for me take him out of my life."

Great answer!!:banana:

trubeliever's photo
Sun 07/05/09 07:46 PM

What did Christ do while He was here on this earth? He came to save those which were lost. What would you do if Christ came to you and offered you life? That is exactly what all Christians are doing when they present Jesus Christ to you "Salvation".

What does that mean? It means they are offering the same thing Christ offered and that is if you truly ask Christ and believe in your heart that He died Conquering Hell and the Grave for you. You will be saved.

JOHN 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that
living water? 12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? 13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

AMEN to that!!!

trubeliever's photo
Sun 07/05/09 07:41 PM
God Bless.

trubeliever's photo
Sun 07/05/09 07:39 PM
Love that!!!!

trubeliever's photo
Sun 07/05/09 07:38 PM
EVERTHING:banana: biggrin

trubeliever's photo
Sun 07/05/09 07:32 PM
First thank you Winx it wasnt as scary as i thought it would be.

Now how to begin: You are right if u dont believe in the Bible then u just do whatever works for u but for me I do believe and i believe it all.
1. I believe God creats us in the womb and noone has the righ to kill what He has created and I think life begings at conception.
2.Murder is when u intentually kill someone. and Kill well that can mean the same depends on the situation.
3.I as a human am the center of the universe because God loves me (humans) more than all the other things.
4.I have no idea what i would do and hope i am never in that position to find out but if you did kill that child, no i would not consider it murder because that is defending yourself.
If someone were coming at me wether that be with gun, knife, grenade I do feel like it would be me or them and i tell u I love me alot and I chose ME.
But you will not agree with me because u dont believe. You are trying to understand a book which I believe was annointed by God and is ment for believers to learn from. You cant possibly understand it. If i didnt answer your question right I'm sorry I done my best.

trubeliever's photo
Sun 07/05/09 07:09 PM
I'm not a trained thinkersurprised Maybe thats whats wrong with mebiggrin I do see what u are saying and this is one of those things i guess we could talk about until the end of the world and nerver completely agree. We do agree that things are not random. My Pastor has a very good saying for the big bang theory God said let there be and Bang there was :banana:(I like that). Yes the concept of eternity is very confussing it always was to me so, i do completely understand. As u can tell I am not a good debater, all i can do is tell u what i feel.
I tell my family and my church family, I am always right even when i'm wrong I'm rightrofl .Hope u know I'm joking not being a smarty pants. ttyl

trubeliever's photo
Fri 07/03/09 05:13 PM

I'm pro-life and pro-choice.

I know i will probably regret asking but how can u be both. (I cringe).

trubeliever's photo
Fri 07/03/09 05:11 PM

IF YOU ARE EVER IN THE GA. AREA, VISIT TURNER CHAPEL,IN MARIETTA GA. WE DANCE LIKE DAVID DID, WHEN YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW GOD HAS BROUGHT YOU OUT, YOU HAVE TO PRAISE HIM WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOT,,,CAUSE HE GAVE IT TO YOU AND YOU STILL HAVE IT SO USE IT FOR HIS PURPOSE,,,, THE REASON SOME CHURCHES ARE DULL, THEY BELIEVE THEY DONE IT THEMSELVES:smile: ,,, BUT GOD KNOWS BETTER!!!!:wink:

Amen sister:banana: waving

trubeliever's photo
Fri 07/03/09 05:07 PM

i find it funny that those that pro claim to be pro life support the death penalty, unfeathered and unregulated rights to have guns, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I am pro life, But I'm not for the death penalty, and Guns make me nervous but if you want one thats your business and wars unfortunally are necessary sometimes.

trubeliever's photo
Fri 07/03/09 04:59 PM
I dont really like it when someone puts all those verses either a reference would do fine.
I like my BULL thank you very much.laugh

trubeliever's photo
Fri 07/03/09 04:48 PM

Truebeliever, don't take this the wrong way, I totally respect your beliefs and everything, but I just find the logic somewhat flawed. Just because I believe in the possibility of a Big Bang, doesn't mean that I assume that the Earth just popped into existence, I believe that the Earth took millions upon millions of years to form into what we recognize today.

Nope I didnt take it the wrong way. I try to leave my feeling at the door when i come in here, cause I never know what someone will say.

trubeliever's photo
Fri 07/03/09 04:37 PM

When I hear the name Jesus anymore all I can do is ask, "Which Jesus?"

The one that supposedly said:
"If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Or the one that supposedly said:
"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

noway

Whoever made this stuff up wasn't even paying attention to their own ramblings. I could write a book as large as the Bible itself that contains references to all the conflicting statements that Jesus and God supposedly made in the Bible. Not to mention the fact that Jesus totally disagreed with the philosophy and commandments that the God of Abraham supposedly demanded in the Old Testament.

I mean, hey, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to believe. But when I hear the name Jesus all I can do is ask, "Which Jesus?" At worst he was schizophrenic, at best he was an just a fictional character that was poorly invented.

For me I serve both.
He is not asking us to hate anyone He is only asking we love Him more than anything or anyone.
You can take anything in the Bible out of context and it wont make sence. Yes I know you dont believe any of it and ok. But it works for me and He has never failed me.
You seem like you are well versed on the Bible may i ask you what happened to turn you from Him, I assume from some of your other posts you were, at one time in church.
Maybe I missunderstood.
I would like to know.

trubeliever's photo
Fri 07/03/09 04:26 PM

rant No argument here, thought it made perfect sence to me. But I have been told I am very ..lol:banana:
But thats ok I like being diluted its worked for me for 19yrs.
God Bless:angel: Ya'll be good.waving

Now you sound delusional! LOL!

Thanks for that I've been called worse..loltears bigsmile