Community > Posts By > miko1960

miko1960's photo
Sun 12/08/13 05:08 PM
I think at times I may be sabotaging potential relationships, I have always been the take charge do it myself type of personality I rarely except help from others but am always willing too help others, part of it is appearing too needy which I am not, so there are times when a woman offers to do me a service or favor whereas in most instances I refuse but always offer my help if needed I guess you might say I have issues with being seen to needy by a woman what I am asking here is it so important to a woman's psyche to nurture her partner by nurture I don't mean expressing ones feelings I am very open and straightforward letting a woman in my heart but yet I hold back say when a woman has offered maybe to do minor favors for me, I think because I have been a giver all my life I have difficulty excepting help when offered, but on the other hand I always thought a woman appreciates a man that is able to tend for himself.

miko1960's photo
Thu 12/05/13 09:27 AM
Only happens in the movies, lust at 1st site now that's more common

miko1960's photo
Tue 12/03/13 12:06 PM
Hey buttons fitting name you are cute as one, wished I lived closer to Oregon, been out west many times never that far north, always wanted to see Oregon.

miko1960's photo
Tue 12/03/13 10:57 AM
Didn't mean to insult or seem judgmental not knocking what u do hell I'm the last person to judge as I stated in my younger years hooking up was a life style for me man clubbing in the 80's LOL, everybody has their reasons for being here, as for myself hooking up just no longer appeals to me like it once did.

miko1960's photo
Tue 12/03/13 09:43 AM
Oh its not a problem of dating I meet tons of women because of my occupation and I have dated a few women from the internet, in my younger days if there had been internet dating I would probably have had a different woman every night I was kind of wild in my youth, with the exception of a 7yr long term relationship, if it was just a hook-up I get plenty of those offers in the real world but what if your searching for a meaningful relationship, then it becomes a little harder, well just my opinion.

miko1960's photo
Tue 12/03/13 08:50 AM
Edited by miko1960 on Tue 12/03/13 08:52 AM
I realize this topic has been done to death, but in my experience with on line dating to which I have been a member of several, the only one I know of has the biggest success rate is Harmony I personally know 3 people that had success on that site, my nephew counted as one of them.
I have made a few friends on these dating sites but nothing more, I still meet most women I date the old fashion way u know face to face, it has been my experience a lot of the members on these dating sites have difficulty meeting members of the opposite sex in real life I have also noticed a high degree of individual's that harbor a lot of resentment and bitterness of coarse this is not the case with all on these sites some people come on line hoping to meet their ideal mate after failing to do so in the real world, but I have found the mass majority of members have all of a sudden found their selves in the dating game again due to divorce separation or death of their loved one, then there are those that I guess are just lonely in their existence and are attempting to find companionship, I for one believe every individual is deserving of companionship and or love, then there are individuals that only want to explore all of their options such is my case for joining, I myself have pretty much given up any hope of finding a lasting relationship on line its harder enough connecting with someone you are already acquainted with, it is even harder making that connection with someone you have ever met, but like most things in life I suppose we just need to keep having faith, I have not nor will ever give up hope, I know there is someone out there just for me and me alone but I have strong doubt about finding that someone on the internet, then stranger things have happened, so I will continue to explore all my options including the use of the internet.

miko1960's photo
Sat 11/02/13 05:22 PM
Really wished I had these feelings for someone closer to my age, but I guess the heart wants what the heart wants, talk about karma she just now Skype d and said she had been thinking about me, wow thats kind of spooky.

miko1960's photo
Sat 11/02/13 04:56 PM
Edited by miko1960 on Sat 11/02/13 04:56 PM
I had a recent relationship with a woman 12 yrs younger then myself and it turned into a disaster, she just couldn't commit even after 3 years, so I ended it, so I am a little apprehensive about getting involved with another woman younger then myself, I do believe now in hind site this was a relationship based on infatuation, I read somewhere once that infatuations normally wear off in this time frame, but the feelings I have with this new woman seem to go much deeper its like we have known each other for years instead of months.

miko1960's photo
Sat 11/02/13 04:35 PM
Edited by miko1960 on Sat 11/02/13 04:37 PM
Ok I know this subject has been done to death, but I need some real advice here, I know I stated on other threads that I am not interested in dating younger women. but quite frankly I haven't been having very good luck with women around my own age, I am 52 by the way, but a lot of people think I am in my early 40's good genes I guess, well anyway I have met some wonderful women in my age bracket who are now some of my closest friends, have always gotten along better with women then with men, just haven't clicked with any of these women, not saying their age is a factor I have always preferred women around my own age, as there is more in common between us.

Well recently at one of our client sites I met a young women there and we just clicked right away with one another, when we are together we just talk nonstop, she is 28 by the way, I really am not one of those guys going thru a midlife crisis, I am very comfortable with my age, but when I am around this young lady is like I am on cloud 9, I am into her on all levels, and yes she has made her feelings known to me even after asking her, do you know how old I am, she stated she preferred older men that's all she has dated, I have never felt this way ever about someone so much younger then myself, every-time were together I actually break out in goosebumps, but yet I hold back, because the differences in are ages really bothers me some, so what do all of you think should I give this a go and see where it leads, I'm afraid if I don't act soon she will loose interest, oh by the way her feelings towards me are completely mutual, I am thinking about asking her on a real date, we have had a few lunch dates already, we just really seem to click.

miko1960's photo
Fri 11/01/13 01:40 AM
If there are children involved, then yes sometimes it becomes necessary to sacrifice for their needs, especially if they are special needs children, I suppose this also could apply if there is an ill spouse involved, of coarse this would apply to both the man and the woman. if either believes there will not be sacrifices made in a relationship, then they have no business being in one, but most of all I firmly believe the needs of children must always come first, just my opinion.

miko1960's photo
Fri 10/25/13 05:36 AM
A true girlfriend will get her behind in the kitchen and make me a sandwich :banana: :banana: :banana:

miko1960's photo
Fri 10/25/13 05:31 AM
know this is an old post but I would just like to say

OH BROTHER R U 4 REAL DUDE !!!

miko1960's photo
Thu 10/24/13 02:23 AM
For kids maybe

miko1960's photo
Thu 10/24/13 01:36 AM
My last girlfriend was dating someone else when we 1st met we started as friends she was already having problems in with her boyfriend before I met her I waited for her to end her present relationship before asking her out we met at work and I had nothing to do with her breaking up with her boyfriend

miko1960's photo
Tue 10/22/13 11:22 PM
What I meant is people should be judged by their merits not their skin color or race or culture etc...
And too I like to think we are unique as individuals why does ones race or culture need to be a factor

miko1960's photo
Tue 10/22/13 11:14 PM

wondering where are all the folks protesting that all racism is wrong?

or that people are only judged on merit and not color,,,,

shocked shocked

Their sticking their heads in the sand as usual.

miko1960's photo
Tue 10/22/13 11:12 PM
Maybe some day we will have a color blind world, but not today I'm afraid

miko1960's photo
Tue 10/22/13 11:01 PM
Edited by miko1960 on Tue 10/22/13 11:01 PM
I just wanted to add that majority of people stay within their own culture when marring or choosing a mate, not saying cross culture relationships won't work, as I have stated I myself have dated out of my own culture and race, but I believe also it will put undue stress on the relationship primarily due to the differences in culture, not to mention peoples prejudices, even though you yourself may not be prejudice your families or your friends may not share that belief, unfortunately this occurred in both of my relationships with African American women, I was even threatened by one girls 4 brothers whom I had known for several years and considered friends, we like to think that the world is more enlightened now, but its really not, people just keep it mostly under the surface.

And staying in ones culture isn't necessarily prejudice I think its more of a familiarity thing.

I did have honest feelings for both of these women, their skin color never once mattered too me, but we caved to the external prejudices
of others.

miko1960's photo
Mon 10/21/13 03:47 PM
Skin color is only pigmentation, shouldn't matter, however there are some cultural differences between peoples of African descent and peoples of European descent, on the flip side of this debate, I have always got along as friends much better with black women, I really admire their strength and straight forwardness they seem to keep everything more real, I have also dated 2 African American women long term, it all comes down to this for myself, men were made for women and women were made for men, race culture, etc shouldn't matter as long as there is a connection, oh and by the way not all black men are the same as far as just thinking about sex all the time, one of my greatest Christian mentors was black, so lets not lump people together based on stereotypes.

miko1960's photo
Thu 10/10/13 04:57 PM
Virgin.....whats that

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25