Community > Posts By > songster

songster's photo
Tue 06/09/09 03:58 PM
Sad to say most of us have over eaten from time to time. We live in a "Super Sized Society". I know I put on a few extra pounds over the last several years, but it was emotional eating, not eating because I wanted the food. As much as I try to live as Christ would have me live, I am human and from time to time, I just goof up!

songster's photo
Mon 06/08/09 03:13 PM
I just LOL when I read everyone's replies. We are all just gorgeous (and handsome) Boomers in our own way, and if the opposite sex can't appreciate it - to heck with them, I say! I may not look the way I did when I was 30 (gravity has a way of setting in in all the wrong places, doesn't it???) but I am way smarter and a better friend and person in general than I was back then. Thanks for making me smile! bigsmile

songster's photo
Sun 06/07/09 04:35 PM
I am new this whole "meeting people on line thing" and I was running a search and looking at photos of people within 5 years either way of my age - everyone looked "old" tears - LOL. Then I took a good look at my photos - Holy Cow - Who is that???? You know, it's funny how we think of ourselves the way we were at 30. Has anyone else ever been slapped up side the head with reality when they took a good look at their recent pictures? I'll tell you what, people are starting to look better and better to me now.happy

songster's photo
Sun 06/07/09 04:15 PM
Like you, I am a widow. I live in AZ and my late husband had lung disease for 9 years so I know what you mean about a hard road. When your spouse has a terminal illness, you both live the misery of it. We were only married for 11 years so most of our married life was spent battling his disease. It is very hard to start over again. I spent the last 9 years focusing on his health and taking care of him. Now, it's just me for the first time in a very long time. But, you know what, you cannot look back. I thank God every day for the years we had together because we were truly "best friends." Now it is time to move on and live again. Nothing worth doing is ever easy, but it can be done. Don't know about you but this whole internet "dating" thing still makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I do know a few people who really had great people come in to their lives this way though. I mean once you're over 40, 50 or 60, where can you meet people. Everyone at my little chuch is married. All my old friends are couples, married or dating. I'm way too old for high school dances, and bars are not where I want to meet someone. I think this is a good start in facing the world again.happy