Community > Posts By > whyzgirl

no photo
Sat 01/09/10 06:38 PM
As a Nurse, I would recommend you to call your MD. Here are some signs and symptoms of an infection.

Hot Incision: An infected incision may feel hot to the touch. This happens as the body sends infection fighting blood cells to the site of infection.
Swelling/Hardening of the Incision: An infected incision may begin to harden as the tissue underneath are inflamed. The incision itself may begin to appear swollen or puffy as well.
Redness: An incision that gets red, or has red streaks radiating from it to the surrounding skin may be infected. Some redness is normal at the incision site, but it should decrease over time, rather than becoming more red as the incision heals.
Drainage From the Incision: Foul-smelling drainage or pus may begin to appear on an infected incision. It can range in color from blood-tinged to green, white or yellow. The drainage from an infected wound may also be thick, and in rare cases, chunky.
Pain: Your pain should slowly and steadily diminish as you heal.

no photo
Sat 01/09/10 06:14 PM
So I have been told to cut out the sugar and eat good carbs, and I hear it's 80% nutrition and 20% exercise...I struggle with it every single day myself. So if you find a quick fix, let me know!