Community > Posts By > Teacherboy

Teacherboy's photo
Tue 12/29/09 11:12 AM
And that's just fine with me. I appreciate and sincerely respect your opinion to which you are obviously entitled. Nobody's trying to make any excuses here. We're hopefully too grown for that. We're just having a healthy discussion and expressing ourselves in an open forum. You and I will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Teacherboy's photo
Mon 12/28/09 11:37 PM
Good topic. Thanks for the chat guys. It's 2:30am here in Florida. Time to head in. Nite all, and happy new year to everyone!!!!!

Teacherboy's photo
Mon 12/28/09 11:34 PM
I see some of you guys beginning to open your eyes a bit more now. It is indeed situational, based on the context and particular circumstance in which one finds him/herself. I see no reason to delay my potential happiness for the sake of a piece of paper.

If you choose to go with someone who is poor, unemployed, obese, a smoker, an ex-con, or whatever you decide, well ... that's on you. I have no quarrel with that at all. That's not my business, and I won't judge you on account of your lifestyle choice.

I just asking for the same courtesy, that's all.

Teacherboy's photo
Mon 12/28/09 10:59 PM
I have to agree with MsH. The bottom line is, in fact, honesty. It's quite simple, really. If a man and a woman are in a supposedly committed relationship and the guy strays, the average person would say the usual "Leave him. Move on. But it's no big deal since they aren't married."

I take issue with that. I really do, since the general feeling is that it's not the biggest deal because they are not married. However, since I am still legally married I am a dog for going out with a woman even though I haven't been with my wife in 3 years. We don't even live together. That's just plain stupid, if you ask me.

How could you find it okay to cheat on someone to whom you are committed but unmarried; but not okay to start a new relationship although you haven't been with your wife in 3 years and have absolutely no commitment to her and no chance of a reconciliation.

You cannot have it both ways, guys.

Teacherboy's photo
Mon 12/28/09 10:31 PM
From a guy who falls into that category, here's my perspective for what it's worth.

My wife walked out a few years ago after 16 years. She took the kids, BOUGHT a house and moved out. I take my daughter to school every morning, and have both kids every other weekend. There is no coming back as far as I am concerned. It was over long before she decided to leave. It's just a matter of time before it becomes official.

Women tend to be somewhat uncomfortable and perhaps a bit fearful with that scenario, but that does not worry me very much. I know the history, the truth, and I know me. I could just as well have stated that I am divorced and they would be none the wiser, would they? Once they call my job, home phone, Internet phone, cell phone, or whenever they visit my house they will see for themselves that I do in fact live alone.

And furthermore, it's not as if I'm looking to marry someone from one of these social sites. If and when that time comes, believe me I'll know what to do. I'll handle my business.

Teacherboy's photo
Tue 12/01/09 06:31 PM
That makes it 4 days in a row you've told us, Sparrow. Glad you're enjoying the single life. It's tough sometimes, though. But it's also good at the same time. Damn .... freedom is always good!

Teacherboy's photo
Mon 11/30/09 08:07 PM
You told us on the 28th, 29th, and now the 30th. Do you enjoy being single? Are you looking? Any prospects? If you are, I wish you well.

Teacherboy's photo
Mon 11/30/09 06:24 PM
Single and enjoying the accompanying independence and freedom. Personally, however, I believe the pros do not outweigh the cons in the long run. In other words, (all things considered) there's much less stress involved in having a significant other, than in being single.

Teacherboy's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:13 PM
47 in a few weeks time. Hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving and are all gearing up for the upcoming Holiday season.

Teacherboy's photo
Sun 11/29/09 04:18 PM
Are the Jax folks out there ashamed to admit it, or what??? I don't believe for one minute that we are the only 2 people from Jax on this thing!! Might be because of those damn Jags. Can't blame them, I suppose.

Teacherboy's photo
Wed 11/25/09 04:41 PM
Nice, honest, sincere, from-the-heart post, SR. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Good luck to you, and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Teacherboy's photo
Wed 11/25/09 06:05 AM
I am a fairly shy guy so I never approach women for fear of being rejected. I say to you today that you need to tell him how you feel. If he does not reciprocate verbally or physically (by either telling or actually showing you how he feels), then move on. Let him come after you if he wishes. But by then, it may be too late. Not for you ..... but for him.

There are too many good guys out here looking for a good woman like yourself for you to be wasting your time with triviality. Move on, babe. Gain strength and just move on!!

Teacherboy's photo
Tue 11/24/09 03:23 AM
Nice one, Steely!! That dude just said the right things, at the right time, in the right way. It worked ... sort of. It is indeed an absolute shame, because now we (the decent guys out here) have to work that much harder to prove ourselves. Steely12 is 100% correct. Looking ahead, however, it is of greater importance that you do not repeat the mistake with him or with some other fool.