Community > Posts By > grey0988

no photo
Mon 04/13/09 09:57 AM
with a girl preffereably,but im bored so anyone will do.names john *takes a bow*

no photo
Mon 04/13/09 09:53 AM
...you realize your license has nothing to do with how you 'look',right?

no photo
Mon 04/13/09 09:43 AM
Edited by grey0988 on Mon 04/13/09 09:46 AM

My apologies, because it seems that the topic has been going in a different direction, but I just wanted to comment on the author's earlier comment...

what makes you do the things you do.

I am of the opinion that there are two facets of human behaviour, the unconscious and conscious aspects, that relate to this question, although all could be summed up into one all-inclusive category.

Of the unconscious and conscious choices/decisions, one's sense of ought plays the underlying role of what makes one do the things that they do, no matter whether they think about it or not.

Peace!

true enough but in philosophy people tend to speak like its only the conscious that matters,or vice versa.or at the very least like the issue has already been settled. or they skip the middle man and begin arguing their point of how much (or how little depending on their view) someones actual conscious matters in dcision making,as opposed to the orignal question.really we can only guess,like the nature versus nurture issue.we have evidence,but we just don know. so i ignored it.since this was about beliefs i meant for it to imply what beliefs directed actions,and beliefs are by defalt,consciou thoughts.though they can root deeper over time.

after i reread this it looks snippy and rude,and i really dont mean for it to be,sorry if it seems like it.

i guess really you did say your piece on what you believe though.

soo many more examples.the great flood is in most major religions in one way or another.the original bible commisioned by emperor constantine has been lost and 'every' bible now is just a guess when it comes to the original books.most gods were absorbed and perversed by other religiions. if i remember right we made leprachauns out of one of the strongest celtic(?) gods.

im amazed this thread is stillalive.good thing though im bored.

no photo
Fri 04/10/09 08:41 AM
when im bored i tend too make things.yesterday i scrapped a broken standing lamp to make some horizontal crossed lights over my desk.
then i ran out of ideas and started reading.
good luck

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:59 PM
listening to drop kick right now drinker

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:57 PM
slaphead well,i wasnt even close huh.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:50 PM
iv been running around the forums for a while now and i was just wondering if 90% of the people posting have joined in the past week or so?

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:44 PM
lol fair enough.you seem like a cool old guy though.depends on who im drinking with though.theres one guy in particular that iv been klnown to sit with and just talk to for hours when we drink.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:40 PM
sorry im kind of ignorant but as far as i can tell theres alot of variances in spirituality.do you believe in the power of the human spirit alone or do you incorperate nature or..? not trying to pry or anything but im curious and bored.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:36 PM
yea i just didnt want it to become a religous debate or anything like that.which it kind of did anyway with no small help from me but you get the idea.i tend to go on the offensive a bit when its brought up in this manner because it gets it out of the way faster. people will always be passionate about their beliefs,or they wouldnt be able to claim then.i expected it one way or another regardless,i just didnt want it to drown out everything else.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:31 PM
are there alot of those around? i hear about places like that once in a while but iv never had the chance to go to any.the last meduim i came across turned out to be more of a small.iv only really known one really spiratuel person (my friends mom) and she was awesome largly because of it.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:24 PM
nice,i have some of those bands,but im probably going to find the rest.

though i gotta admit having 10-12 drunk guys in a small space listening to this can lead to some property damage.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:21 PM
there,is a man with good taste.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:20 PM
lol close enough.if you party,throw some on sometime.music that is.get alot of cool people together,get smashed and throw on some irish drinking music its a great atmosphere.not to mention a hell of a party.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:17 PM
no,no,well yes,you are an idealist,but i can relate since im the same way.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:13 PM
something i like listening too,just wondering if anyone else was into it.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:08 PM
Edited by grey0988 on Thu 04/09/09 02:10 PM
lol hocus pocus? what do you call a belief? belief,the way im applying it atleast doesnt always mean things like you talk to your invisable friend in the sky,or that you think you have to be literally better than anyone else. just what you feel strongly about.whats important to you.what makes you do the things you do.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 02:03 PM
well the good news is i wrote something. the bad news is i tried to make it more meaningfull,and succeeded,so its too personal to post.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 01:33 PM
ah well im somehow still at the top of the list.might try to throw something else up to keep a thread going soon.
and now i cant think of anything.

no photo
Thu 04/09/09 01:29 PM
if you like whats on adult swim and the random stuff that shows up on cable once in a while you have to start finding more.i used to have a nice collection untill my computer fried (that was a good day,nothing like the sound of a power surge,a small whoosh of fire and the smell of ozone to start your day..)