Community > Posts By > massagetrade

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 12:38 PM

wishing to believe the worlds peoples are a victim only comes from wanting to believe one self a victim, and such is like feeling sorry for a prostitute that used no protection and got aids.

the delirium of self pity and one self as a victim is what allowed anything to even begin to occur that was not in the peoples best interest to begin with.

Surely we can feel _sorry_ for them (the prostitute who got aids) without being a part of the problem... the problem of glorification of victim-hood and as you say the 'delirium of self pity'.

I mean, for me the line is drawn when a person insists that they are not at all responsible for their circumstances. But we can still have compassion and caring for people who make bad decisions.

The difference lies in what we do with our compassion - do we encourage the person you care about to feel self pity and blame others? Or do we try to teach them personal responsibility?

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 12:26 PM
If I like what I see and read in his profile, I'm more than willing to help him move the conversation forwardtongue .....I don't expect (or even want) him to be an expert conversationalist in the initial stages...If he asks a question that I am not comfortable with, I just tell him and we move on ...Some of the most rewarding online relationships I've had the pleasure of experiencing started out a little iffy....smile

That sounds very reasonable.

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 12:23 PM
laugh

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 12:08 PM
Edited by massagetrade on Sun 11/30/14 12:08 PM

Ja ich spreche Deutsch und m�chte �ber Hitler und Nazis zu reden ..... interessiert

Almost .. .but not quite :tongue:
Reminds me I have yet to finish my course in German ... sigh .. ohwell

Wo studierst du Deutsch, CrystalFairy?

btw, deine bilder sind shoen.

(deine oelbilder)

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 12:03 PM

Ja ich spreche Deutsch und m�chte �ber Hitler und Nazis zu reden ..... interessiert

Unknown_romeo

Wie lange hast du Deutsch sprechen?

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 07:34 AM
Edited by massagetrade on Sun 11/30/14 07:39 AM
Ich m�chte wieder Deutsch zu lernen.

Have you used Duolingo?

Its really good.

Edit: oops, I mis-read your post and thought you wanted to learn german.

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 07:34 AM
I was also suspicious, until I saw:

" Profession: Bachelor "

I mean, that makes perfect sense, right?

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 07:27 AM

I poop.

Bitter, peg-legged poops.

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 07:26 AM
To find a good relationship, first seek the vowels within you.

Such as ei, i, a, and a.

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 07:03 AM

I think it the worst question anyone can ask. Makes one feel like saying "you want me to send my resume and a personal motivation for applying for the job?"
Most men do 20 questions .. I hate it. I tend to overlook 1 or 2 questions, cos I suppose some just don't really know how to start a conversation.
I may reply, but don't answer their questions..

I know, right? Lots of women do 20 questions, also.

When I was single, I liked to get to know women through shared activities. If she is not perceptive enough to answer most of those superficial questions through observation, then I probably wasn't interested in her anyway.

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 06:58 AM

Sometimes (read that as often) you can tell more about someone by what they write on forums and to others than what they say about themselves.

That is so true. Dishonest people will lie about themselves, but their actions and their words towards others often expose their real character.

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 06:00 AM
I don't know what Cosby may or may not have done.

I do know that I've read a lot of hatred towards him, and a lot of the haters seem to *believe* that they have good cause for concluding that he is a rapist.

But when it really comes down to it, all they actually have are claims being made by others about events that happened a very long time ago.

It seems to me to be yet another mob attack by people who don't care to practice any degree of skepticism.

no photo
Sun 11/30/14 05:54 AM
Thanks for the information!

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 09:56 PM

everybody bonded!

David, I so admire your positive outlook!

I don't think that everyone bonded, as it appears that two are either (a) deeply immersed in a spiteful delusion or (b) willing to lie as a means of attacking others.

Edit:

so the bonding is in beginning stages...

Oh, I see! hahahaha

some just don't know how much they love others yet...

we will help them get past their unlove!

drinker

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 09:49 PM
Edited by massagetrade on Sat 11/29/14 09:51 PM
everybody bonded!

David, I so admire your positive outlook!

I don't think that everyone bonded, as it appears that two are either (a) deeply immersed in a spiteful delusion or (b) willing to lie as a means of attacking others.

Edit:

so the bonding is in beginning stages...

Oh, I see! hahahaha

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 08:38 PM

Can we understanding moral truths by studying the physical universe? I say no.

Why not?

Suppose the moral question is: Should the KKK have gone to Ferguson, seeking to protect businesses from riots.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that: No matter how much we study the physical universe, I don't see that any understanding of the physical universe can help us answer that question.

Can we understand the truths of the physical universe by examining moral truths? I don't think so.

Why not?

I am more certain of this answer. You will never learn, say, the size or age of the universe by virtue of studying/debating the question: "Was Officer Wilson guilty?"

To understand the truths of the physical universe, we must study the physical universe.

It appears to me that immoral humans have no inherent difficulty studying the physical universe and understanding the truths of the physical universe.

It seems to me that these are two different kinds of truths.

Are they, how so?

Besides the lines of thinking I've already presented, consider that the truths of the physical universe exist whether or not humans are there to observe them.

But morals? I mean, obviously most non-human animals follow different rules of behaviors than humans expect of themselves. What does that say about whether morals exist in the absence of humanse?

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 08:26 PM

Getting back to the original topic ...

Has that alleged large KKK group made to to Ferguson yet?

Wouldn't it be nice if the trollish efforts to derail the conversation into false accusations of alt accounts would stop?

You're dreaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN3eBvZvUXk

laugh laugh laugh

Nice.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 08:13 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if the trollish efforts to derail the conversation into false accusations of alt accounts would stop?

Still whining because you got caught? sad

On topic to thread:
Are any of your profiles, members of the klan?

Pointing out anti-social behavior is not 'whining'.

One could argue that its our duty as citizens if we want to live in a healthy society.

I have only one profile on this site.

On what basis do you conjecture that I have more than one?

This is a good little illustration of the problem in Ferguson.

If people waited for evidence before they convicted someone in their hearts, I believe we would not have the riots which we have had.

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 08:02 PM

no photo
Sat 11/29/14 07:57 PM

RockGnome,

Do you think that it a decent person makes false accusations against others?

What false accusation was made?

Since you respond with a question, rather than an overt embrace of dishonesty and false accusations, I have hope for you.

The false accusations have been made explicitly by Fleta, and have been strongly implied by you.

Are you a good person?

Are you the kind of person who makes false accusations against others?

Again, what false accusations were made?

I do love the game of psychology you're trying to play.
Problem is, you're not any good at it.
Matter of fact, you probably don't even know the source book
you're trying to rely on. I do.

Call it what you want, its actually very simple. Some people follow ethical systems in which they reject the acts of lying about others and making false accusations about others.

Some people do not follow these ethics. They wilfully lie about others, and hold conveniently very low standards of evidence when accusations fit their agenda.

I have no idea what your personal ethics is.

But if you are one of those who believe that people should not make false accusations about others, then you should examine your own beliefs and your own evidence before making the insinuations that you have made.