Community > Posts By > massagetrade

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 04:40 PM

well, my point was to bring attention to my OPINION that 9/11 was an inside job. and it seems to be serving its purpose.

That is an ignorant opinion, inconsistent with the facts, and which requires large amounts of cherry picking and BS reasoning to support.

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 04:38 PM

video was published on june 8th 2015, and currently has:

3,300 likes
251 dislikes

if all this is BS, why is the majority clearly saying its not?

Argument from popularity? Seriously?

no photo
Wed 07/01/15 04:38 PM

everyone seems to think that anyone who believes 9/11 was an inside job is "crazy". well watch this video, and tell me whos crazy...

the people who believe it was an inside job?

or the people who think it all happened the way our government claims it did?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbsZjW-m0x8

you can call me all the names you want, but the facts dont lie.

So many fallacies and BS rhetorical techniques, all in one place!

no photo
Mon 06/29/15 09:20 AM
So much good comedy (intentional and especially the unintentional) in one thread.

no photo
Sun 06/28/15 11:17 AM
these are not our grandfathers parties anymore,, they have transformed quite a bit,,,,

I absolutely agree. It never makes sense to me when people bring up party politics from decades ago as if this has any bearing on the values or wisdom of the current parties platforms. Most of the political parties throughout our history have opportunistically allowed themselves to be reshaped to gain advantage.

no photo
Sun 06/28/15 11:11 AM
and republicans all over the news are not exactly shy about reporting on 'black on black' crime or other 'inner city' problems as if it is some subculture or some demographic with innately inferior character

I think its terrible how some people who do this, are also promoting bigoted views of black people as a group.

But I don't think we should discount that there may be subcultures with superior or inferior cultural values, nor that this may be a problem for our society.

There are some christian communities that have much higher cultural standards in ethics than mainstream culture. And there are subcultures of predominantly educated white people with awful values - just see enron. Or much of congress.

We should not discount that being raised with certain beliefs and values leads people to do good or bad things, have different results in life, and that this plays a role in issues facing some parts of the black community.

no photo
Sun 06/28/15 10:57 AM

If Black Lives Matter so much why do they kill so many of their own?

Maybe 'they' aren't one single organism with a single shared mind distributed through millions of bodies?

Maybe a group of black (and white) people believe that our society doesn't value black lives enough - while _another_ set of black (and white) people have a criminal disregard for the value other people's lives.

The fact that violent black crime exists doesn't invalidate any of the messages of the 'black lives matter' movement.

Me thinks it's not that black lives matter so much as how to use them as a tool to enforce or achieve an agenda.

For too many people, yes, this is true. There are _some_ 'black lives matter' people who won't even allow a conversation about black crime - they insist that the conversation itself is racist.

As with many political movements, the passionate idiots have taken over the megaphone, while the intelligent, wise, compassionate people stand in the shadows.

no photo
Thu 06/25/15 04:52 PM
... blogger & everyone on Twitter & Facebook & all social media slamming & criticizing her for saying #alllivesmatter as opposed to #blacklivesmatter.
There are MANY minorities / groups & many injustices, no matter where we are are, or who we are in the world.
Objecting to the phrase ' ALL ', cuts out all other minorities/ groups & defeats the primary purpose of EQUALLY & probably empathy.

Yes. Exactly. These folks are a damn cult. This is the new generation of millennial 'progressive' anti-racists (and feminists). They aggressively try to censor, shut down, and shame everybody who doesn't toe the extremist party line.

Rarely do I hear of any older black folks or mature feminists agreeing with their insanity.

no photo
Thu 06/25/15 04:48 PM

so does anyone care they are taking hamilton off and putting a woman on it in 2020?

I support the basic idea of swapping out one of the men on our bills for a woman, though I don't know if Hamilton is the best choice.

Too much of the conversation that the left is having about this is insane. There are some people who won't be happy unless the woman chosen is at the intersection of all possible 'oppressed classes'.

no photo
Tue 06/23/15 05:49 PM

no photo
Fri 06/19/15 04:11 PM
Tell that to Tamir Rice Treyvon Martin and Michael Brown's

That's an anti-climatic way to end your post. Anyone who cites "Treyvon Martin and Michael Brown" as evidence of injustice in society is drinking the progressive, liberal, anti-racist kool aid.

There continues to be injustice towards black people in the US, today, but those two cases are NOT evidence of this.

They are, in fact, evidence of how far the 'anti racists' will go to deny facts inconsistent with their rhetoric.

no photo
Thu 06/18/15 05:53 PM
...before you ask for clarifications I would like to see a picture on how you look like.....

I respect your choice to not respond, if you prefer.

I still don't know _who_ might have tasted human flesh in order to validate the comparison using personal experiences.

As for this:

Figure this out: If we could 'taste' it, the human body would
start cannibalizing it's own body parts - wouldn't it?

That doesn't follow. Being able to chemically sense something doesn't require that the organism always catabolize the thing at every opportunity.

no photo
Wed 06/17/15 05:11 PM
and like I said, how do you know it was not up to HER to continue her employment,, maybe SHE believed it would be better than being a source of negative sensationalism for the organization?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the national NAACP did not ask her to step down.

no photo
Wed 06/17/15 05:09 PM

thats all i'm getting out of this, the blacks are bigots...

Which black people?

no photo
Wed 06/17/15 05:07 PM
tasted like human flesh

Who made the comparison and figured this out?

no photo
Wed 06/17/15 05:05 PM

...have you ever watched the film lucy? It goes on to mention that humans use 10% of their overall brain capacity and all other animals barely reach 3%

Well that movie is clearly is not a reliable source of information. The 10% myth is rooted in a basic misunderstanding of brain function.

Humans are using 100% of their brains!

Different areas serve different purposes, and different types of cells in the brain serve different purposes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_percent_of_the_brain_myth

Well to be honest I don't know where they came to that conclusion however I find it believable due to most of the stuff we learn we forget or it becomes obsolete. I do believe that we could use more of our brains than we do. Some can use theirs better, more effectively or efficiently and maybe this is a learned behaviour or an applied one. The fact remains that we all have the same size brain to a degree but the vast differences in knowledge vary massively. Average IQ in America is 75. In UK its 100 and when I did an online test I achieved 132 back when I was 15. Intelligence seems to vary drastically between humans although their brain sizes are the same. This makes me believe that it is possible to advance beyond that of the most intelligent minds of today and to have the average person have a mind that is beyond that of today's we could build a better world much faster, much more efficiently. We are holding ourselves back but to be fair, who'd have ever known we'd have gotten this far?

>> Well to be honest I don't know where they came to that conclusion

This lie has been widely circulated for decades. It is absolutely loved by the 'human potential' crowd.

>> I find it believable due to most of the stuff we learn we forget or it becomes obsolete.

Its trued that our brains are not perfect, and its also true that most of us are not using it as well as we could. That doesn't justify the 10% claim.

Are you as physically strong as you could be? No? Does that mean you are only using 10% of your muscle?

> I do believe that we could use more of our brains than we do.

By what measure would we use 'more' ? And how much 'more'?

You are already using your entire brain. Using it better doesn't mean 'using a larger percentage of it.'

But the important thing here is: Be wary of anyone selling a book, making a movie, or giving a speech who uses this claim.

Its a pretty clear indication that the person speaking is either ignorant or dishonest, and their message is not to be trusted.

no photo
Tue 06/16/15 04:22 PM
Edited by massagetrade on Tue 06/16/15 04:22 PM
She is taking a beating because she is a liar that used those lies to gain a position she would have probably otherwise not gained.

That may be true for some of her critics, but as far as I can tell, most of the lynch mob are liberals/progressives who are more concerned with comparing this to 'blackface' and 'cultural appropriation'.

They say stupid things like "we all know that transgender is a thing, while transracial is not a thing, so she is a bad person.'

I don't know her, I don't know how honest she is being in these interviews, I don't know the real reasons she is doing this.

I do know that lynch mobs are usually more interested in feeding their own self righteous hatred then they are in taking a careful look at _why_ they are out for blood.

no photo
Tue 06/16/15 04:17 PM
...have you ever watched the film lucy? It goes on to mention that humans use 10% of their overall brain capacity and all other animals barely reach 3%

Well that movie is clearly is not a reliable source of information. The 10% myth is rooted in a basic misunderstanding of brain function.

Humans are using 100% of their brains!

Different areas serve different purposes, and different types of cells in the brain serve different purposes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_percent_of_the_brain_myth

no photo
Tue 06/16/15 04:14 PM

Darwin was an abolitionist whose scientific work refuted the commonly held racist beliefs of his time and opposed already existing eugenic concepts. It is, in fact, evolution that overturned the widely held belief in the divine superiority of the "white race"

from: http://www.rationalrevolution.net/articles/darwin_nazism.htm

no photo
Tue 06/16/15 04:11 PM

I don't believe Darwin. I believe in Natural Selection, that's just common sense but evolution is very flawed. Also Darwin was a racist, and used his theory to prove that the white man was more evolved than others. I damn sure can't believe in that. To people who straight stick to science, my question is how do a bunch of molecules create consciousness? And if Evolution was true why aren't there any other species that evolved to the level of laptops and cellphones? Just us Human's huh??

If you stick straight to science, then you stick straight to the fact that evolution is real. Evolution is the reason we have such a diversity of species on this planet.

Rejecting evolution because you disagree with Darwin on some other topic is foolish. The truth of a claim is independent of the person making the claim.