SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž's photo
Sat 01/13/24 05:16 AM
Could be okayish on a gaming site, but what you've got doesn't impress on a dating site.

Photos with another person, which one are you? Such photos aren't handy for a dating site.

Hiding your face behind a face mask, sunglasses, mobile phone?? What have you got to hide?
If you don't want to show your face with a clear photo and a smile you're not going to be very successful on a dating site.

You give out contact details so now every idiot can contact you.

So not a great profile for a dating site.

Thu 01/11/24 02:02 AM
2C sunny after a brief period with frost, both at night as during the day.
The worst was -7 at night, which happened once.

It's better to have some frost and sun than rain and clouds and gray, but at the same time I don't like cold, hihi.

Thu 01/11/24 01:57 AM
Currently back to watching Vera
I stopped when season 10 was out as I didn't like the way they'd started doing things.
Then found out that they went back to the original format with season 11 so I'm catching up :)
Season 13 has just come out on Jan 7th.
Unfortunately Aiden left the series and is replaced by the guy that was Vera's right hand before him.

Tue 01/09/24 04:51 PM
You cherish her, make clear you're serious and not just about sex sex sex.
And you don't go posting half naked photos of yourself on the net.

Tue 01/09/24 01:23 PM

Sorry to say that even though I see the commercials I rarely check out the product.

Well, you came up with it, which was great!!
I don't watch tv, am not in the US either, so I don't see any commercial (thank goodness!!).

But at least we are getting an idea of what's out there :)
If memory serves the one I came across does tell you the levels of oestrogen and progesterone, which is likely why it's E62,95 (USD about the same).

But... it could be a great option nonetheless!
My GP told me at the time the only thing he could have checked is FSH (which is what the Clear Blue test checks as well).

Obviously that isn't exactly correct if you can test for hormone levels with saliva and even buy a home test for that.
I'm guesstimating insurance won't cover that so you can buy it yourself, or not.

Tue 01/09/24 01:18 PM
Don't know about worst advice.
Best advice:
- You need to have boundaries.
That really make me think and realise I didn't have any when it came to love.

Another great one that has helped me a lot when I first started dating after breakup:
- make a list of what you want in a relationship & partner
- go over said list and delete everything that's based on old stuff (from exes, projections, old pain etc)
- go over what's left over (likely not much) and check everything you yourself don't yet embody.

Then you know what you have to work on to become a match for the partner & relationship you want.

Tue 01/09/24 01:13 PM

I do not know if this is the best or the worst
but my Mother used to say: 'If you are on a
date and you feel horny...take an aspirin...
put it between your knees.'

laugh laugh
Hilarious, Soufie, but danged good advice nonetheless!!

Mon 01/08/24 01:18 PM
Julie I looked it up.
It's this: Clear Blue Menopause Stage Indicator~

It works with urine, is a stick, pretty much like a pregnancy test stick.
It measures FSH.
It tells where you are in menopause: peri, late peri or post menopause.

One kit is around $20 and has 5 FSH test sticks. You measure over 10 days with those to get your indication of where you're likely at.

Great info, especially if you don't know where you are concerning menopause!

It doesn't tell how you're oestrogen, progesterone levels are though. But if you test to be peri or post menopausal you can know what else is going on in your body (all the stuff I posted earlier will be happening in various degrees) so you can choose to take steps.

Mon 01/08/24 01:07 PM

Good job:thumbsup: :wink. You know for a short time I couldn’t reply to your post? After contacting whoever they cleared me as a spammer which I would never consider myself one but at least now I can reply to posts again.

Thank you, Julie!

And I've been there too, twice over the years! Not a clue as to why. I was totally blocked from the site, but somehow managed to contact someone who then sorted me out again.
First time it happened I was lucky enough to have another member's contact details so I could ask them to tell a mod.

In any case, glad you're back! flowerforyou

Mon 01/08/24 07:50 AM
Thanks, Julie!

OT --- The Great Wall of China.
30x40cm Acrylics

After many hours of painting, lots of tweaking, re-doing, correcting, tons of fine detail, and glazing it's done!

Mon 01/08/24 02:39 AM

I don't know if it was 70 (I enjoy a lot of things) but it was definitely enough he could have made a plan and shown some effort.

Right, so I gather from your reply to me that you don't understand.
You think you have changed, are now a high value woman with the way you're behaving. I'm sorry to say, but you're not.
You do not understand how man function, they're not the same as women. I've explained a few times and you still stick to being demanding, wanting him to function like a woman instead of a man.

But alas... your choice. I guess we don't learn until we're ready for it. But don't be shocked if your dating life isn't going to get any better as there's a phrase for women who are and behave like you:
High maintenance.

In case you don't know, that's the opposite of a high value woman... The High Value woman is very attractive, the high maintenance one not so much.

In any case, good luck.

Sun 01/07/24 04:27 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Sun 01/07/24 04:29 PM
Don't think I mentioned it yet, another thing that is related to menopause:

- dental issues

I had noticed that one myself when I became peri-menopausal. Suddenly my teeth seemed to be falling apart in my mouth. Teeth breaking, root canals, tooth inflammation without any reason, and so on. All that in spite of me taking calcium & magnesium since I was 38-40ish.

The inflammation cost me my tooth, had to have it pulled.

Cost me a fortune in spite of good dental insurance. But the cost exceeded coverage of the year so I had to pay for any additional cost myself.

I told / asked my dentist that I suspected it had to do with menopause and she basically discarded it.
It seems to have stabilised the last 2 years, thank goodness!

When I heard Marie Claire Haver mention dental issues I finally had the confirmation.

Sun 01/07/24 04:19 PM
Thanks Stormy, great you're adding sources for info to it!
I'll check them out too!

Sun 01/07/24 03:11 PM
More work done today, and I did the 2 layers of glazing to change the values.
It did get quite dark, have to get used to that.
It will get a wee bit lighter again when I add some white indications of the stones.

Also the bright Indian yellow will go lots lighter and softer once I do the indication of stones with white on it. To see the difference look at the 2 upward sections of the wall, 1 on the left still bright yellow, the other not. The only difference is that I painted the white lines for stones on the one and not yet on the other!

I also added the 3 windows on the tower that's just to the right off the centre.

In any case, not done yet. But I am close to finishing it now.

Sun 01/07/24 02:06 PM

I don’t know if any of you have seen it advertised on TV but I have and it looks like a home pregnancy test but instead it’s one to tell you what stage of menopause you’re in.

Oh that's great, Julie!

I have seen a home test online on a site that also sells hormonal creams. It works with saliva.
I just checked, it costs E62,95 (USD is almost the same as Euros).

Apparently it is very accurate.

Sun 01/07/24 03:46 AM
It's fast and flashy and upbeat, and at first glance I'd say quite good.

However, on second glance it's vague. "short dating fun"... what does that mean? It seems to imply sex...
There's no indication whatsoever about anything more long term. Maybe you don't want that at this point in your life, which is okay of course.
But maybe elaborate a little bit more.
Do you want to take the lady out and do and see things, activities?
Or do you want to maybe take her to dinner and then expect/demand to have sex with her for dessert?

You see what I mean (I hope)? It's too vague. Your intentions are not clear...

Sun 01/07/24 03:39 AM

Again, we both discussed our interests and what we thought a good first date would be. Lol I didn't drop hints or play games. For example I didn't say let's play 20 questions and you guess where I like going and what my interests are. I flat out said I love UFC. I like watching the fights/sports at Buffalo Wild Wings while chomping down on chips and queso.
I said downtown offers a lot of entertainment. The local bands are excellent and my favorite is playing this Friday.
I told him I don't do well with escape rooms due to my anxiety but I'm pretty competitive at air hockey and classic arcade games.
I know he's a St Louis Cardnals fan and likes playing billiards. He likes hiking. He's big into country music. He hates pickles. We both love the same seafood restaurant.
Either of us could have planned a good date if we were actively listening.
Besides that I know what A MAN will do when he wants a woman. He will put the effort in. Like Duttoneer said he'll throw out the plan but is considerate enough to adjust if needed.

Not sure if you read my post as you seem to ignore it completely.
What you're saying here in your post might be true, and would indeed work if he was a woman...
You don't seem to understand men and that's where you go wrong.

You may have told him all kinds of things you enjoy in conversation/chat, and a woman could derive a great plan from that. A man, however, not so much.
You have to be concrete. He clearly asked a question: Where do you want to go?
Why can't you give him a clear, concrete answer?

If you feel it isn't rocket-science, it also isn't rocket-science to simply answer his question.
Be concrete, that's what a man needs, that how a man's brain works and can process things.
So give him 3 options, then tell him to pick which one it's going to be.
Concrete, don't try to make him into your girlfriend by expecting him to function the same way a woman would!!

You want a man, then treat him like a man, and he will treat you like a woman.
Isn't that what you want?
And he IS treating you like a woman as he is asking you what you want, which means he wants to please you.
Stop being difficult, be concrete and answer the question. Then a man can process it and do his "job" ----> make you happy!
It's as simple as that.

Sat 01/06/24 02:46 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Sat 01/06/24 02:46 PM
Reacher seems to be getting worse by the episode, hihi.

Jack Ryan is great!

OT - Fool Me Once - 2024 (brand new!) - IMDB rating 7,1
1 season

A woman just buried her husband after he was murdered right in front of her, when she sees him in her home on her nanny cam, cuddling their daughter.
She gets suspicious and starts to investigate.

So far it's really good!

Sat 01/06/24 01:03 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal πŸ’–πŸ’Ž on Sat 01/06/24 01:04 PM
A few things I forgot:

- sleeping problems
- hair loss

The sleeping problems is also what should be addressed first and foremost as during sleep your body recovers and restores etc.
So with sleep deprivation you cannot really get back to your former glory.

Without any supplements to balance my hormones I have trouble falling asleep. Once asleep I'm fine but not being able to fall asleep for 1,5 - 2 hrs even though I was so tired doesn't help.
This supplement I take (mix of all kinds of herbs and stuff) helps.

Linseed oil is a good one to balance hormones! That's in that supplement I used to take as well. But you can also take 1 Tbl spoon linseed oil a day. It's less than 3 dollars a bottle and last you quite long.

I currently have started HRT myself. I use both oestrogen and progesterone creams. Only a small bit of oestrogen as otherwise I get super hyper! Oestrogen excites the brain, progesterone calms the brain.
So I think -NOT sure- that low progesterone may be a factor in the not sleeping.

Dr Lee who wrote a book about all this ages ago and made this Progesterall cream also claimed that was all you needed: progesterone. (I don't know for women without uterus though).
But since oestrogen is highly anti-inflammatory and does lots of things in the body, I do use a bit of that cream as well.

I do use more progesterone cream though than oestrogen.
I've only recently started with this.

Sat 01/06/24 12:48 PM
OcΓ©ane thank you!

Great to have more sources. More needs to be known about this as opposed to it being a hush-hush subject.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25