| Topic: What Movies Have You Recently Seen? - part 8 | |
|---|---|
|
started watching The Odyssey 2026 with Matt Damon however it is NOT the Christopher Nolan epic with Damon, Holland & Hathaway (amongst others) it is actually a B-rated poor knock off that isn't watch worthy with no actors of note.. the big box Nolan film is still in cinema with not even a bad cam video recording showing online yet.. may be another few months before the REAL movie is released..
|
|
|
|
|
|
Edited by
SparklingCrystal ππ
on
Sun 09/20/26 01:23 PM
|
|
|
Drop - 2025
With Brendan Sklynar (the hunk from "1923") IMDb rating 6,1 I give it an 8,5 Violet is a widowed mother who goes to an upscale restaurant to meet Henry, her charming and handsome date. However, her pleasant evening soon turns into a living nightmare when she receives phone messages from a mysterious, hooded figure who threatens to kill her young son and sister unless she kills Henry. |
|
|
|
|
|
watched The Brink of War 2026 with Jeff Daniels, Jared Harris & J.K. Simmons
Set during the 1986 ReykjavΓk Summit, President Reagan races to save a nuclear deal with Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev as pressure mounts all around him. Every word spoken could move the world closer to peace - or destruction. it's a drama based on an historical political event that occurred during the cold war and was a very interesting watch.. I find historical movies based on facts to be extremely fascinating. IMDb gives it a 6.2.. I however give this an 8.8 |
|
|
|
|
|
Disclosure Day - 2026
IMDb rating 6,4 My rating... ambiguous. I would've given a 10+ right up to the end. Then it changed dramatically to a 6. Inclined to go to 5 even. It was a really really really great movie, I was thrilled, on the edge of my seat. I felt it was one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. And then they ended it without giving us an ending. Deliberately chosen apparently so we ourselves have to make up our minds what the ending means. It's literally the worst cliffhanger/open ending I've ever encountered in a movie and considering the concept it's utter crap they've done this. It already stays vague with a great many things. A cybersecurity expert goes on the run from a powerful corporation after discovering classified secrets, joining a meteorologist to reveal a force beyond human understanding. |
|
|
|
|
|
started watching The Hail Mary 2026 but ended up tossing it.. not what I expected and very B rated movie.. actually IMDb doesn't even have it listed
|
|
|
|
|
|
Mayday - 2026
Oddly enough only has an IMDb rating of 6,8 But a TMDB rating of 8 I give it a solid 10. Loved it! Lots of action and stuff to keep you glued to the screen, some hilarious moments too. I mean, the scene with the prostitute entering the cupboard where they already are hiding, hahahaha. I couldn't stop laughing. Still laughing when I think about it. Not going to elaborate on it, you just gotta watch it yourself. Definitely a movie to watch again! It does not disappoint! When a U.S. Navy pilot on a top-secret mission during the Cold War gets trapped behind enemy lines, his only chance at survival is to form an alliance with an eccentric ex-KGB agent. |
|
|
|
|
|
Watched CASH ...with SZean Bean and Chris Hemsworth .....good action ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
watched For Worse 2025 with Amy Landecker & Bradley Whitford
A newly divorced sober mom goes to a wedding with a much younger date and behaves like a drunk 25 year old bridesmaid to try and keep up. it had its funny moments and I didn't cringe thru the whole thing so it was watchable IMO.. however the 'hottie' everyone was drooling over wasn't that hot.. just sayin.. IMDb gives it a 5.4.. I give it a solid 6 |
|
|
|
|
|
watched Why did I get Married Again? 2026 with Tyler Perry, Richard T. Jones & Michael Jai White
Jasmine loves Wesley, and their wedding is near - but her stern father and others disapprove, prompting couples around them to question their own "perfect" marriages. IMDb gives it a 5.3.. it was ok but not 'great' IMO so I give it a 6.5 |
|
|
|
|