Community > Posts By > StrictPapaKnows

StrictPapaKnows's photo
Sun 12/21/14 02:47 AM
Fate is the cards you are dealt
Free will is how you choose to play he hand.

I work as a brain scientist, so I have worked with about 11,289 people dealing with these issues to date. Here is what I know.

Your conscious mind is reasonable and does its best to operate on reasons.
Your subconscious mind makes up odd random rules. Your subconscious actually runs the show.
You are able to affect the rules the subconscious makes by increasing he number of perceived choices and testing these.

So, if when you were younger and your father yelled at you, perhaps you cried. Your subconscious mind made a rule that you survived because you cried. (It likely had nothing to do with your survival).

Later someone Looked at you in a way similar to the way your father looked at you right before he yelled and you cried. You subconscious mind says, "This looks like that time, so crying is the best response." You are standing there crying and your rational mind is saying, "This is crazy. I don't know why I am crying."

It actually takes work to expand the possible choices your subconscious mind has, just like it takes work to learn a new language or dance step, how to cook or play the violin.

People think they are making choices all the time, but they are just following a generally undeveloped subconscious set of poorly constructed rules.

The man who threw the alarm clock against the wall, likely has had many days when that alarm clock went off and he did not throw it, but a set of circumstances triggered a configuration inside his subconscious, where in the past it threw something and this looks like that and her throws.

After he might rationalized WHY he threw, but likely that will be totally wrong.

So: Fate is the cards you are dealt.
Free will is how you choose to play the hand.
Some people have spent more time learning to play this particular card game and will have a better chance to "win" the hand.

As the Cheshire Cat said, "when you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."

MyBodyzBetter.com shows When you don't know what you are doing, you can't do what you want. More positively put
When you know what you are doing, you can do what you want.