Community > Posts By > philosopher

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 06:45 PM
I guess this was really in the wrong section. but I put it here because of the related topic about getting back together. I think there are a lot of really odd customs and considerations people have about getting back together.

Love can survive a breakup, but maybe not so often as you would think.

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 06:42 PM
Do you want them on your roads?

It may mean cheaper freight which might possibly mean lower prices. More likely the middle men will make a slightly better margin and you won't save anything.

There are safety issues.

There are worker displacement issues. If you give our trucker's jobs to Mexican truckers, what will our truckers do for work. What will happen if you cut their pay significantly by bringing in Mexican Labor to do the driving.

Is this a Republican vs Democrat issue? I think a lot of Republicans oppose this move and a lot of Democrats too. I expect only a few people support it.

Anyone know what is driving this issue suddenly?

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 06:08 PM
I posted a new special topic for Brandon. The topic reminded me of Mustafa.

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 06:07 PM
oops, messed up the end with typing somehow, where did that come from?

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 06:06 PM
Friend of mine was telling me that in Iran if a man and woman divorce and want to get remarried to each other they can't do it directly. First the woman has to have sex with another man before she can remarry her first husband. They have a name for this interim guy and they call him Mustafa. So somehow the woman has to find herself a Mustafa. or perhaps someone else has to find her a Mustafa.

Apparently finding a Mustafa can be a difficult thing sometimes so some guys there decided to play a joke.

There was a minor Mullah there who was always going around bugging everyone, pressing everyone for money and favors such as were due him as a Mullah, generally making a nuisance of himself.

So a bunch of guys told him about how difficult it was for some ladies who wanted to remarry their ex-husbands without finding a Mustafa. So they told this Mullah he could go to the ministry and apply for the job as Mustafa.

Now they knew the guy at the ministry and called him and let him in on the joke. So the ministry guy sent the Mullah to get a doctor's certificate saying he was ok to be a Mustafa, letting the doctor in on the joke as well.

From there they sent him to the health office for some special permits. The health office was in on the joke too.

They ran this guy around for two months getting this and that. People all over the gov't were playing a part in the joke.

Then the guy was asking, when can I see the woman who needs a Mustafa. I want to see some of the women who are needing this.

Eventually someone told him, "You idiot, there is not Mustafa. They are just running you around just to make a joke of you.

Then they sent the guy to a health office

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 05:49 PM
no, that's retrograde 70's. I'm talking about a real live first date in 2007. How to win friends, influence people and score with all the hot chicks. First date, you gotta do it right.

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 05:48 PM
Maybe everything would be better if we all got together and went to Barbara's house and just told Michael he wasn't wanted any more. Then we could eat all the dinner he cooked and hang out on the sofa.

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 05:45 PM
Elvis is in an old folks home in east Texas. Fanta put on some pants.

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 05:42 PM
If the US doesn't exert some influence then the government will be grabbed by whoever is the meanest. Most likely that means the most radical Shiites in the country, alSadr's group probably, which would mean a quick alliance with Iran. Does that suit your causes gint?

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 05:38 PM
That's really wimpy. Tell him "Man you gotta buck up some, Go hit some shots at the local watering hole and catch a ride home with some nice new girl. Cause if you get as many shots as you need, you're gonna really need that ride home."

Or he could see if Barbara could invite him home for some of Michael's cooking. That should be a good place to start patching things up. He can brag about how much better he cooks all through dinner. Then while Michael washes up the dished he can take Barbara into the living room for some sofa snorkeling.

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 05:32 PM
Hell no, just splash on some Hai Karate and you're good to go. Have to fight off the girls all night. Helps if you have a really big gold medallion and maybe a polyester leisure suite, preferable orange. Don't forget the gel.

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 05:27 PM
This whole topic is such girl talk. It really needs some male intervention.

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 05:26 PM
Save that armpit hair for making 'special' wigs for people who go to France on vacation.

no photo
Thu 08/30/07 05:22 PM
Seems to me they all want oil revenue. With the current arrangement all the oil revenues are controlled by the Shiite majority. There may be some rules helping now to balance things out now but that won't last if the shiites maintain absolute control. They Kurds in the North stand to gai lif they separate from the main body of Iraq and maintain the control of the local oil fields in their area. Iran and Turkey are unpleased with the Kurds in Northern Iraq having so much autonomy.If the Sunnis could keep a share of Iraq oil revenues they might be happy with a split, but all the oil fields are in shiite and Kurd lands. Splitting them also sets the stage for other countries in the region to do quick strong power grabs within their neighboring sects so Iran may grab Shiite controlled area and Saudi grab control in Sunni areas. It sets the stage for a lot of regional wars as well. Not a lot of good choices there. If they can find some sort of fair representative government where the three main groups share power and make reasonable laws so that people can work together, everyone will be better off.

no photo
Wed 08/29/07 04:31 PM
On the other hand I expect he will attack Iran, sometime in the next year.

no photo
Wed 08/29/07 03:33 PM
No I don't think it was that funny, like I said, I got that message yesterday, and it was such a shock to receive it, I thought I would just share that and see what others had to say. Sorry for everyone I upset with this.

no photo
Wed 08/29/07 10:02 AM
Tune in to CSPAN.

Ok not really, only the congress can declare war.

I got that as a text message yesterday and it invoked such emotion that I thought I should share it with you all.

no photo
Wed 08/29/07 09:59 AM
That really was creepy, tap dancing around the toilet stalls. Whoever does that is creepy, senator, republican or democrat, whoever. As for any man trying to initiate sex in a airport bathroom with another man he never met, that's not just creepy, its disgusting too. The senator should just hang up his credentials and go home.

no photo
Wed 08/29/07 09:54 AM
You dad likes golf, go play golf with him. Nothing like time doing something you like with someone you love.

no photo
Wed 08/29/07 09:52 AM
Good book by his favorite author.

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25