no photo
Wed 02/25/09 10:57 AM
Hahaha.

Didn't mean to come off that way...

Lol but I shoulda expected a comment like that

no photo
Wed 02/25/09 10:49 AM
Edited by ColorMyWorld on Wed 02/25/09 10:50 AM

I really don't understand people's logic sometimes. I don't wanna have to email someone just to find out if they smoke cigs, drink, or what they like to do in their freetime...

Aaah...but see, isn't that kind of like meeting people in the "real world"? I mean I can't remember the last time I went to a bar where everybody was wearing signs with their age, status, height, weight, smoking preferences, sexual orientation and the likes around their necks.
That would be a wee bit too easy, don't you think?

I mean dating isn't like going to the grocery store and picking up a hunk of meat that's neatly labeled.

Ok, first of all - I would never go to a bar to meet guys. Unless I wanted a one-night stand.

Second of all, Online dating is nothing like real-world dating. It's SUPPOSED to be easier! You are supposed to give enuf info to get a glimpse into your life. I'm new to it - but I like the fact that I can weed people out easily & quickly. That's why I'm here!

no photo
Wed 02/25/09 10:33 AM

Personally I prefer not to read a guy's entire life story on his profile page...I have ADHD and usually need a cigarette after the first paragraph. I usually get sidetracked on my way downstairs by anything from the phone to a particularly interestingly shaped dust bunny and by the time I get back on the computer I've forgotten all about it and start surfing the net for cool stuff to buy instead. Besides, only people from Nigeria have elaborate profiles.

Haha, I am very easily distractable as well...

But I didn't mean elaborate and long. I just meant answer the questions and give a small paragraph for the description. At least something, anything of substance!

no photo
Wed 02/25/09 10:30 AM
THX Lex! For an answer worth reading :-) The other people who replied to my topic were simply adding to my annoyance and wasting my time.

You're funny and totally right. I really don't understand people's logic sometimes. I don't wanna have to email someone just to find out if they smoke cigs, drink, or what they like to do in their freetime...

I just want everyone out there to know that if you are one of those with a vague profile...

Do you really want people to be annoyed and turned off by your profile, simply b/c of lack of information? Coz I'm sure I'm not the only one!

no photo
Wed 02/25/09 10:17 AM

women do it too......um....lazy?

You are probly right - I just dont look at girls profiles often lol.
So let's say it applies to everyone, girls & guys.

no photo
Wed 02/25/09 10:11 AM
Okay so I'm browsing people on this site...see a cute guy...click on the profile and end up learning NOTHING about them. UGH! First impressions are everything - and that doesn't mean just your picture.

At least tell me if you're married or not. Come on! If you put 'no answer' for marital status...I'm assuming you're married and I move on.

These vague or 'no answers' are quite annoying. They tell me that you are either shy, lazy, or hiding something. Which are all qualities that I don't quite desire in a man.

So can anyone tell me why?? guys do this... Am I right? Or is there a more harmless reason behind this?