Community > Posts By > GirlsAreWhack

GirlsAreWhack's photo
Sun 02/22/09 06:28 AM
So before you decide to take it for "self defense", think again.

My qualifications for writing all this are: 8 year wrestler, former corporal in the marines, football (fullback) my whole life, martial arts for 3 years, 6 years of studying exercise science, and currently a personal trainer on a military base.

These sports are nothing but pure violence, and instructors try to brainwash you into thinking otherwise. Now I have nothing against cardio kickboxing, which I teach at the gym I work at. Instructors try to say its about scoring points, when its really not. These instructors will say anything to make it seem safe. They start you off wearing protection, going slow, then after awhile you take the gear off, hit harder, and feel like its no big deal because its about "scoring points". But you need to ask yourself, "whats the point of me kicking him in the head?" etc. I signed up to serve my country, to defend against people attacking my country. But what on earth did the guy/girl standing in front of u in the ring/cage/mat, do to you, to cause you to beat them up? Would u beat up a random person on the streets? Of course not, they did nothing to you! So why do it to them?

These instructors try to use words like focus, balance, concentration, coordination, discipline, self-control (stuff you can learn in ANY sport) to make it seem like a good sport. They say its not about fighting, even though....ummm, its called "fighting" lol. And the people who do it are called "fighters", and UFC stands for Ultimate FIGHTING Championship. If you want to learn balance, concentration, etc...you take yoga, gymnastics, fencing, etc.

In any other sport, if someone is injured, everyone kneels and prays together, like when Anquan Boldin got knocked out in the NFL game weeks ago. In MMA, someone is always on the ground injured after a fight, and the whole crowd is cheering. Wow, thats disgusting.

Have you ever looked up in a dictionary what "boxing", "martial arts" means? Boxing means "FIGHTING with the fists, and martial arts means "art of war". Hmmm, art of war? Why is "art of war" being taught to people who arent in war, or to 5 year olds???

Over and over again, people in these sports talk about how safe it is, how its MUCH safer than gymnastics, soccer, hockey, etc. Compare the amount of blood spilt in martial arts, to soccer. Compare the amount of people passed out in MMA, to gymnastics. NOW which is worse? If someone dies in soccer, its not as a result of SOCCER. There have been deaths in football, but because the guy got a heart attack or something. In fighting, the deaths theyve had, were a result of the FIGHT. In soccer if a guy ends up on a stretcher, its not because someone else purposely (intentionally) broke his foot...but in fighting, it IS because someone intentionally broke his foot. And, why on earth do they allow you to CHOKE people?

If soccer, football, hockey, etc has more injuries, perhaps its because soccer/football/hockey players compete on a WEEKLY basis for HOURS. Whereas in MMA and all those violent sports, they compete every month or every few months for 5-15 minutes.

So martial arts teach balance, focus, concentration, coordination, body conditioning? So does every other sport. So how come soccer players can play for 2 hours and not get worn out? But in MMA, Kimbo Slice gets knocked out in 14 seconds by a no-name guy with pink hair. Tim Sylvia gets choked out within a minute or two by Fedor. And some people get knocked out in a matter of seconds, or 10 minutes into a fight theyre worn out. Yeah, sounds to me like they have incredible body conditioning. How come Brock Lesnar went out for football and couldnt even make the practice squad for the Vikings? The best athletes in the world with the best body conditioning, are triathlon athletes and Tour De France guys. YOU try riding a bike for 8 hours non-stop up and down mountains going 40 mph like they do! If martial arts teaches such great focus, balance, concentration etc (which u NEED to play racquetball), then why on earth do i beat all my "martial art" friends in racquetball???? You'd think theyd be PROS at that.

Martial arts isnt about fighting? So why did Chuck Lidell say in an NBC interview, "we wouldnt be doing this stuff if we didnt have issues". If its about respect, self-control, discipline....then why are they fighting? Seriously, dont people ever take the time out of their lives to THINK? If it teaches self-control, discipline, respect...then.why.on.earth.are.you.fighting? Because you're instructor brainwashes you to think its NOT fighting...because sadly, people these days believe everything they hear, and instructors know that.

Ive seen a few shows, like Fight Science, Combat Sports on Comcast...and the whole show was basically showing every way to hurt a person, how to hit them hard enough it damages their body, or gives them a concussion.....wow, thats sickening.

Who watches UFC and all these pointless sports? MOST are young people, Rednecks, College kids, Drunks, party goers, "Bad asses", people in the military who love fighting, troublemakers. If MMA was such a safe, good sport...why is it banned in many states? Why isnt it mainstream? Why isnt MMA in the olympics? Boxing and tae kwon do are, but they are on the verge of being taken out of the olympics. EliteXC was on CBS twice, and now its done. Why is it banned in many countries?

Many times, martial art people try to say, "its about self defense. If someone came in your home and tried to attack your mother, would u just sit there?"....uhh, what on EARTH does some criminal intruding in my house and attacking my mother, have to do with me getting in a cage with some random guy who did NOTHING to me? If a guy attacks you, kick him in the nuts and run. Oh no but that’s being a ***** right? Yes because if a gun is pointed at u, u DON’T want to be a *****, right? Lmfao. You can easily take cardio kickboxing, tang soo do, tai chi…no sparring involved, just hit bags and dummies, and learn LOTS of self defense techniques.

Funny how the rate of people being attacked, assaulted, sexually assaulted, and raped is on the RISE, and in the same time, martial art people try to say their sport is fast-growing. So either these people are learning NOTHING about how to defend themselves in the real world, or they are taking their knowledge to the streets and beating people up for fun.

Why do people enjoy martial arts so much? Because they enjoy violent entertainment. They say more and more girls are taking it, yet the rate of women being abused/assaulted and raped, is on the rise. Some girls take it and kickboxing, etc because they once got attacked and want to learn defense now. Bull****. If someone shoots you, you probably want to BAN guns. If some gang attacks you, you probably make an effort to get rid of gangs. So if someone attacks you and beats you up, you should want to teach people NOT to fight. By opening your own gym to teach girls to defend themselves and sending them to competitions, or by joining mma/kickboxing/etc, ur putting more violence in this world.

How exactly does kicking someone in the head, punching someone, kneeing them in the liver, choking them out, a SAFE thing, and what is the POINT of it? How does that teach focus, balance, concentration, etc. Why is it that when a guy is knocked down and defenseless, the attacker STILL goes at him? Like when Lesnar kept pounding Couture, obviously Couture was done, and Lesnar kept going at him for 10-15 seconds...why? These fighters are hilarious, they choke someone or hurt someone, then go “omg are u okay?”. Gee, what do u think, ur the one who just whooped his ass! Then the whole crowd is cheering, and u leave the ring or cage while theyre there hurt. That’s disturbing. Seriously, u fighters need a psychiatrist.

Not to mention, almost every medical association alive, speaks AGAINST the sport. Almost every doctor, speaks AGAINST the sport. I wonder why.

Its okay for 2 people to step in a ring and beat the **** out of each other, but its not okay for 2 kids in a hallway to fight? And 2 kids in a hallway are fighting for a REASON. Plus, school fights arent as violent as MMA fights. In an MMA or boxing fight, you actually know where to strike your opponent so you knock them out.

What exactly is the benefit of martial arts? Do these guys have better SAT scores than everyone else? Do they have higher IQs? Do they live longer/healthier lives? (That, they dont). So tell me how this "discipline, mental toughness, coordination, balance"...is useful in your life? Please someone tell me, because whenever I ask, I dont get an answer...and actually a few times Ive been kicked out of gyms when I started asking. What, are they hiding something? Peple these days are not capable of being disciplined. BUT, studies have shown that video games can improve mentality, coordinaton, focus. So can fish oil! So can ANY other sport, lol.

Martial Arts is a foreign "sport". Specifically most from Asia, some from Brazil, perhaps some from even the middle east. Okay so heres another thing I dont get about these pro-combat sport idiots. The people who enjoy these sports the most, are usually....yes, country people, rednecks, southerners, people who live in the midwest, hicks. Now correct me if im wrong, but dont THOSE people in particular, despise foreigners??? Everytime i go to the middle of the country, or redneck towns with my bmw, i get looked at like im some sort of freak. These people HATE anything thats foreign, so why on EARTH would they like "martial arts" then, seeing as how its a foreign "sport"??? They hate soccer, hockey, etc. They like martial arts because its NOT about mental toughness, discipline, stamina, etc....they like it because they enjoy FIGHTS. They enjoy watching two morons beat each other senseless.

In the world we live in, shouldnt we be teaching people NOT to fight? 8 years ago this country got attacked, yet 8 years later WE are still beating each other up. Some people say they take it to give themselves control so they don’t bully people…and that’s sad. I have perfect control, and ive never been a bully. And I don’t take martial arts or kickboxing. I did, but ive had perfect control BEFORE that.

Ive read articles, ive spoken to trainers, instructors, and the consensus is…martial arts, boxing, kickboxing are WORTHLESS on the streets. YES, u heard that correctly. I can just see pro-combat sport people shaking now. So why teach this stuff if theyre WORTHLESS in the streets? Because folks, theyre all about pro-fighting, human cockfighting. See, if youre on the streets, youre “off guard”. You don’t know if someone is gonna attack you, so if you get attacked, youre “off guard”, and you lose. Studies have shown that these simple “self defense” classes that last an hour, and show basic techniques to defend yourself in the streets, are MUCH more useful than combat sports. Yes…..the truth hurts, doesn’t it? People really gotta try and get this crap banned. It is absolutely needless, mindless, pointless, senseless, heartless, ruthless, inhumane, unjustified, and pure violence.

Some instructors try to say that fighting is human nature, that even animals do it.....well wow, its surely not MY nature, lol. There are people I dont like, but I have no intention to beat them up. Ive been in this world for a looooong time, and never once needed to "fight". So I have no idea what nature they are talking about, lol. They compare it to the days of Jesus, or the Gladiators in Rome, where people killed each other...and thats sick. Do you REALLY think God approves of two people fighting for no reason whatsoever??? I will fight, if i ABSOLUTELY have to....like if i get attacked on the streets, etc. You can take all the training you want, but if you get attacked by a group of people, you're done. If you're a girl who gets attacked by a guy three times your size, you're done.

Defending yourself, in all seriousness, is common sense. You dont need to take classes to know how to do it. You especially dont need to go to competitions and fight someone who did nothing to you at all. Seriously, WHAT IS the point of that?? Theres a ton of other sports you can do to get fit, balanced, focus, coordination...WITHOUT having to knock someone out, lol. But no, theyd rather do combat sports, cuz they can fight...legally. Because thats all it is folks, people who just want to fight legally. There is no difference between me choking someone out in the ring, and me choking someone out in the streets...but if i do it in the streets, im going to jail. Well actually there IS a difference...in the streets, the guy i knocked out did something to deserve it....but what did that guy in the ring with you do to you?? What, did he steal your girlfriend???

Makes no sense to me. These fighters and pro-combat sport enthusiasts and instructors, need a psychiatrist.

GirlsAreWhack's photo
Sun 02/22/09 06:16 AM
IMO...Unless you major in law, med, or computers...there really is no point to college.

Heck, even computers you dont really need much education. These hackers who, well, hack...most of them never went to college, they just play with computers all day and theyre SMARTER than the people who work for the government with Masters! The government guys make anti-hacking software, then the hackers always find ways to get through it! So....do you really need college for computers either??

Or law, all you need is common sense to be a lawyer, and most lawyers dont have common sense. The law these days is a joke, a 17 year old goes to jail for getting head by a 15 year old??? Innocent people go to jail all the time, innocent people get executed. Lawyers only defend you because you're paying them too. If the other guy paid your lawyer double to go against you, he'd do it! And bankruptcy lawyers...do I even need to explain? If you wanna file for bankruptcy, you have no money! So why do they charge you $2000 to file?! Now we have the Caylee Anthony case going on...where the girl is accused of killing her daughter...yet for awhile they didn’t find a body!! How do you charge someone with murder when you havent found a body?!

Business, do you really need a Masters to know how to manage a business, when there are people who barely graduated high school and own their own business? Finance...do you really need a Bachelors to know how to manage money?!

So many people are going to graduate college, forget everything they learned, and decide to change their career paths. So many people opt to go to graduate school, get their masters, PhD....for what? When you graduate, you're gonna have so much money in college debt to payoff, and unless you majored in law, med, or computers, u probably wont make anywhere near enough to pay it off.

Look at the amount of people being laid off. 3 million were laid off last year, and of those 3 million, i guarantee at least half had college degrees, maybe Masters, PhDs. NOW those people are fighting to work at places like mcdonalds. Theres no such thing as job security, NO SUCH THING. Within 20 years, when all these immigrants who cant speak English, start to speak better english, theyll take your jobs. Those people work 100x times as hard as you do, and will do YOUR job for HALF of what you make, AND be 100x more productive.

The majority of these jobs, all you need is a month of on-the-job training, and you're set. These hispanics who cant even speak English, go and cut someones lawn and make 30 dollars for the 45 minutes it takes him to cut it. Meanwhile, you're making 25 an hour to sit at a computer wearing a suit and tie for 40-60 hours a week.

In this economy...you all think its BAD to live at home??? Quit dissing people who live at home, theyre SAVING their money.

Companies want you to think they wont hire you unless you go to college and study a bunch of courses you'll never need. Sara graduated with a 99%, and Joe graduated with a 72%, and they both got the same degree, whats the difference? No employer is ever going to ask for your grades, and they also wont ever call your college to make sure you graduated. Ive seen ads for jobs that a monkey could do, and the company says "must have a BA in...", and im like "why?!...a monkey could do that!". They think that by going to college, you become a better all around person...when in reality, you probably become an alcoholic and party slut or party jerk. My cousin is married to a girl with a Doctorate, and shes had 6 reckless driving tickets in the past 7 years, and all she talks about is how her and her lawyer friends get together and get smashed.....wow, smart people.

You the employees are much more superior than your bosses. Theres 2-3 bosses, and 4000 employees, so who do you think would win in an argument? If you want a pay raise and you're sick of kissing ass, simply STOP WORKING and go on strike til you're CEO decides to give you a pay raise. Why is it that airline pilots, lawyers, doctors all go on strike to get higher pay raises (yet they make ENOUGH), yet the people who make **** money, never go on strike??? Continue kissing ass, hating your job, and not standing up for yourself and i promise you, you'll suffer for life. EVERYWHERE i go, 80% of people HATE their jobs and job life. Thats sad. Ok actually, they LOVE their jobs...when its 5pm and theyre ready to leave, lol. But when its 6am and they gotta get up, they HATE it. When its payday, they LOVE it. When its the weekend, they LOVE it. But during the work day, they hate it.

Supervisors, bosses, executives, managers, etc...are full of crap. I used to have a job where I worked at 7am, and one time I had to work at 4am. My boss complained that I wasnt doing much and being too quiet and lazy......at 4am. Hmm, I wonder why someone would seem lazy at 4am?! I mean, were these bosses born yesterday? ITS 4AM!!

One thing thats pathetic about employers, is they expect hard work for little pay. In high school I made $8.50 an hour at UPS, $7.50 an hour at an ice cream shop. I also made $9 an hour at a grocery store, and all 3 jobs expected me to work like a dog. ....for how much per hour? No, you get what you pay for! If you want an HVAC technician to come install a new system in your house, and he offers to do it for $500, you WONT get a good system. Same goes with people. You DO NOT pay someone $8.50 an hour and expect hard work. YOU.GET.WHAT.YOU.PAY.FOR. Another thing thats funny is, companies expect you to give them 2 weeks notice before you quit...YET, if they fire you, they dont give you ANY notice, and your finances will be ruined. If you just leave, they'll replace you in a day.

You wanna know why so many of you work too much? Because you're materialistic. You have to have the top of the line car, the best apartment, you party constantly, you gotta have the best HDTV, etc.

Book smarts will only take you so far. Street smarts is what you need to survive life. And common sense. Most people ive learned, have none of that.

All a degree says is, you went to college and took courses you'll never need, and spent the money which ull now need to pay back...and ur job doesnt pay enough to let you pay it off comfortably. (Especially if you go to GW and pay 65K a year). Go look up online, the best doctors and lawyers in this country, they didnt go to Harvard, Yale, or Princeton.

Companies dont lay off workers because theyre losing money, they lay off workers because the CEO is making 2 million instead of 20 million, and that makes him sad.

People say America is the place to come for money and business, and damn, theyre right!! You can come here and make products that don’t work, charge too much, and nobody will tell you to stop. Look at these companies like Super Duper Pooper Scooper, that go to people’s houses and clean up animal crap….why are these companies not bankrupt?? Do people not know how to clean up after their own animals??? Or all these exercise products like ab trimmer, ab roller, perfect push up…..do u not know how to do a push up on your own??? Or…all these medical procedures here in the states that cost 30K, you can do in Europe for HALF the price. Or worst of all, car insurance. You pay one or two thousand a year on car insurance (maybe more), and the moment you get into an accident, some will kick you out, or just raise your rates. That’s ridiculous. If you get sick and go to the doctors office, the health insurance pays for it. So if your car has a problem, why wont car insurance pay for it? I say car insurance should start paying for car problems too. Why not? You pay so much for it!

If theres anything ive learned in my years of existence on this earth, its that people get dumber by the day. Watch the news, EVERYDAY, someones been stabbed, shot. EVERYDAY theres at least 30 accidents because people dont know how to drive and are too impatient. EVERYDAY, roads are packed no matter where you go, even on weekends, because people dont know the meaning of "stay home and save your money", instead they all gotta go out and spend. EVERY month theres a school shooting because people dont know how to treat one another. I mean come on people, GROW UP! People need to start questioning who their real friends are. Before they made tons of friends, they were smart. Then they made tons of friends, and started getting into stupid ****. A true friend, wont get you into stupid ****.

WHY is it, that America is one of the ONLY countries where people make a huge deal about education...YET, we are the only country where over half its people are in debt, over half its people are stressed, taking medication for various stress disorders, over half its people are overweight, the divorce rate is skyrocket, the suicide rate is skyrocket, the homicide rate is skyrocket, our unemployment rate is ridiculous. We are also the only country where people work over 50 hours a week. ..explain that to me? At such a young age, people should be ENJOYING their lives, not working 60 hours a week! But of course most of you dont think about this, because you're too busy thinking about when the next time you're getting drunk is, or some other unproductive ****.

Here in America, all we do is work. WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK. What kind of life is Monday thru Friday, 9-5? Thats you're entire day! 5 days a week! For a company who will probably just lay you off a few years before you retire so u dont receive full pension. Companies dont give a damn about their employees, all this "human resources" is BS. They say "we care about our employees, come to us when you have a problem". No, the moment you go to your human resources to complain about a colleague, the next day you'll get fired. It happened to me twice! Thats why i stay away from the office job world.

GirlsAreWhack's photo
Fri 02/20/09 06:08 PM
Alrite people, so im a personal trainer on a military base
(marines), and thought id paste here, a blog I put on my facebook
about fitness and nutrition. I was also a wrestler, football
player, cyclist, and did martial arts (which is the worst sport ive
ever encountered, if u even wanna call it a sport, i call it pure
human cockfighting).

Time and time again, I continuously hear
people talking about diets and exercise, and all I want to do is
grab them and shake them like a salt shaker. (Dont get any
ideas...) This IS long, so enter at your own risk.

-First of all,
stop dieting! Diets dont work! Ok so low-fat and low-carb will cut
fat down, but i promise you'll just gain it back after you stop,
maybe not right away, but eventually. Some of these diets are so
strict that you'll give up in days. Instead, what people need to do
is make a lifestyle change. Eat HEALTHIER. That doesnt mean you can
never go to Burger King or Applebees ever again. Sure you can go,
just not everyday! My body fat percentage is lowering every week,
and I eat Hooters and Chipotle almost every week. Actually **** it,
EVERY WEEK. You know, you can go to restaurants and eat
healthy...there are tons of items you can eat, and ask them to make
it with no butter. Rather than eat fries, order a side of veggies
or beans (heck, its healthier than fries!). But if not, go ahead
and eat fries, just dont do it everyday! Limit it to once, or two
at MOST per week. Lets say its monday and ur friend asks you to
dinner, then tuesday ur asked to dinner, then thursday....(i sure
hope u have enough money to pay ur bills after!)...thats ok, its
not the end of the world. The best way to lose fat, is LONG TERM.
You all dont want a short-term boyfriend/girlfriend do u? A
short-term job? No, u want a LONG TERM bf/gf or job. Same with
losing fat. Tell this to any fitness dude or dudette, and theyll
get a heart attack. They all want to give you hardcore programs,
but they dont seem to realize we have lives.

-You dont want to lose
weight, u want to lose FAT. There IS a difference. You can be 220
pounds with an 11% body fat percentage, or 220 pounds with a 24%
body fat percentage. Unfortunately most of us dont own body fat
calipers, but if u can get ur hands on some, use those instead of
weighing yourself.

-Best time to weigh yourself is first thing in
the morning. Never weigh yourself after you've eaten or showered,
cuz ur weight will go up. I weighed myself at night once and then
in the morning, and was 7 pounds lighter in the morning. Odd i
know, but thats the way it goes. So the moment you wake up, walk
around to wake urself up then weigh yourself.

-Fruits and veggies.
Gosh im tired of hearing personal trainers and nutritionists tell
clients to stay away from certain fruits and veggies. Obviously u
shouldnt sit there and eat bowls of it, but a cup of mixed fruit
and a cup of mixed veggies is GOOD. There is no such thing as a BAD
vegetable, or BAD fruit. Pineapples have high sugar amounts, but a
cup of pineapples a day, is FINE. Fruits and veggies have loads of
good stuff like fiber, antioxidants, vitamins that are great for
the body.

-All-natural, "no sugar added"...these are the stuff u
wanna buy. Lean meats like turkey and chicken breast are what u
wanna buy. Lean cheeses like swiss, provolone, mozarrella and
cottage are what u wanna buy. And whole grain, multi grain, and
whole wheat are the breads u wanna buy.

-No, diet soda wont make u
gain weight. Sure, theyre not so good for you because of aspartame
and whatnot, but theyre better than a big coca cola (41g of sugar
per can) if ur trying to trim down. If ur not, if ur one of those
people who can eat anything and stay thin, then sure, go for coke
instead of diet.

-Yes its true, eating 5-6 small meals a day is
better. I myself, eat every 3-4 hours. Thats good for metabolism.

-Weight loss food like SmartOnes, HealthyChoice, South Beach
products, etc....are fine. But they contain lots of sodium and
chemicals that u dont need. You also dont need to order nutri
system, that stuff u see on tv all the damn time. Just go to the
store and buy ur own food....heck, ill go with you!

-Lets say you
go an entire week without eating ANYthing fattening, and eat
completely healthy. Yes, its okay at the end of that week to take
one day and snack out on what ud call "junk food". It actually will
raise your metabolism because the body isnt used to all that sugar
and fat, so the metabolism speeds up. And theres no such thing as
"junk food"...ANYTHING is bad for u if u eat too much of it, and
ANYTHING is fine if u eat small portions.

-People say stay away
from pastas, breads, rice, corn, potatoes, etc. (Starches). Look,
go to Asia...all they eat is rice and pastas, and they stay thin.
Same in Italy, all they eat are pastas and breads, and in Ireland,
they eat tons of potatoes....they stay thin! You can live the rest
of ur life thinking "pasta is bad, rice is bad". Ok, whats better
to eat: rice or chocolate? Pasta or pizza? Bread or ice cream?
Thank you! You can eat them, just dont overdo it! Same goes with
everything, dont overdo it.

-Exercise. (The other important part to
this, lol). Some people will tell you that losing weight or
building muscle is 80% nutrition, 20% exercise. I disagree. I think
its 65% nutrition, 35% exercise. If you run 5 miles a day and
workout an hour, yes u can eat anything and trim down. I myself,
workout my upper body for 2 hours, twice a week. I try to eat
healthy, but of course sometimes i eat bad stuff and thats okay,
this is all LONG TERM. If January 1st, 2010 i weigh 25 pounds less
than i do now, then im successful! Also, you dont need to do cardio
for HOURS. I see some people in the gym who are there for hours,
and im like "dude, go home and live ur life". 30 minutes is all u
need, unless of course ur like 400 pounds. Then again, a 400
pounder can probably only do 15 minutes. But when the gym closes at
7:30pm and its 7pm and only one skinny guy is left and hes still on
the elliptical, it kinda pisses me off. GO HOME AND LIVE YOUR LIFE.
See this is the problem with america, we care too much about our
health that is backfires.

-You dont need to get on a mat and do
abdominals for hours. The only way to lose fat, is cardio. Working
your abdominals will TIGHTEN the abs, and yeah ull see your belly
go down a little, but the fat will still be there.

-Hands down, the
best cardio machine is an elliptical. If one person steps on an
elliptical, and the other steps on a treadmill, another steps on a
bike...the elliptical person will burn DOUBLE, if not TRIPLE the
calories in 30 minutes.

-If u want to trim down, do lighter weights
with high reps (15-20 reps). If u want to build muscle and get
stronger, do heavier weights with lower reps (6-8).

-Muscle recovery. A lot of people ask me about how long it takes for
muscles to heal after a workout. The answer is really, 2 days. Some
people give it 4-5 days rest, and thats fine if u workout for 2
hours hardcore and want to build mass. But really, u dont need more
than 2 days. It also depends on size...tall people have larger
muscles so they need more rest, and short people have shorter
muscles, so dont need as long. I figure if u want to lose fat, do
it every other day.

-Shoulders. Believe it or not, they are a small muscle. The shoulder is divided into 3 parts: front, middle, back. (Just dont ask me which one's which). So you have to do different exercises to get all 3 parts of it. Each one, is tiny...so if your doing 25 pounds on lateral raises, thats not bad at all.

-Injuries. If u feel ANY sort of pain: stop. Otherwise you
turn into dumbasses like me who keep working out then get hurt and
have to take a week off...funny thing is, i dont take a week off, i
just keep going cuz yes...im that much of an idiot. But after a few
weeks, i pay the ultimate price. (Trying to impress a girl whos
standing beside me doing curls, but since im so sore i cant even do
as much as shes doing, thus making me me look like a wus). Sucks.

-All these supplements are scams. Protein is okay, but stuff like
creatine and all them other muscle building or fat burning
supplements: STAY FAR AWAY FROM THEM. They do nothing but take your
money and run and give u nothing back (like our government).
Protein powders arent necessary either, but theyre OKAY. Its better
to eat a nice meal with chicken and veggies, then a protein shake.
Im in love with Optimum Nutrition's ALL NATURAL whey and oats.
Basically, there are too many rules to all this diet and exercise
stuff. Trainers will give you routines, health plans that are hard,
and theyll try to get u to stick to it, but they dont realize you
HAVE A LIFE...LIVE IT. You'll do that hard plan for awhile and give
up, or ull lose 50 pounds and gain it back. If u have a question or
want some advice, PM me.