Community > Posts By > djoutrage

djoutrage's photo
Sun 05/19/13 05:13 PM
hi all
I'm not exactly new here but I havn't posted in this bit before, so here tis.
I'm looking for just about anything. I'm english and live in the north of england but have had very long distance relationships before should anything get to that stage.
I'm a music geek especially about pre 1960s stuff. I'm also very interested in history in general, I'm nearly always reading something. I would say I'm fairly inteligent but not patronising, at least I hope not. Looking for a genuin girl or a good friend of either sex. Look at the profile for more if you want more and feel free to message me or to reply here.

djoutrage's photo
Sun 05/19/13 05:09 PM
I always wanted to learn swing dancing propperly. Had a go at it and probably failed rather horribly.

how about this for a cool vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONRnvoBXizY

djoutrage's photo
Sun 05/19/13 03:12 PM
well, here I am.
First thing's first please don't pm me with offers like
want some fun tonight?
etc, it's not my kind a thing

Most of my likes, dislikes and everything are in my profile, feel free to read it, but in case you cannot I'll give some of them here.
I am musically minded, I like most types of music but have a special thing for pre 1960 stuff and pop up to the 80s, I like some moddern dance music, some dubstep and the likes.
I love reading.
I am totally blind, please try not to let this put you off fully as I can get about and all that jazz.
I would like to say I am reasonably inteligent and don't think I'm the average guy. This does have it's down sides and I am a manic depressive though it is better than it used to be.
just thought i'd put this up there,
Rob
p.s sorry for the awful picture.

djoutrage's photo
Sun 05/19/13 03:05 PM
hello folks,
so, I'm a bit of a pre-60s nerd. I collect records and play them on either my wind up gramophone or old record changer thing, I've not found anyone else into this stuff and would like to, or at least a girl who can stand it :p or a friend who can talk about it!
I especially like 20s jazz/foxtrot/charleston type music, swing, big bands and early rock and roll, early elvis and the likes.
What about you?

djoutrage's photo
Sun 05/19/13 02:59 PM
hi all.
Writing any form o a public profile always conuses me. What to say? keeping in mind the people viewing it have not met me, should I talk more, talk less or what? I always feel that a profile is better to be long than just
hi wanna chat?

So what do you think of mine?
I may as well take this chance to say sorry about the awful picture. I am blind and got a friend to take it who only has a bit more sight than I do!

djoutrage's photo
Sat 08/08/09 11:26 AM
ok, was looking through my record collection today and found a Judy Collins lp, with a track called liverpool lullabye on it, which I just love, but can't find on youtube, unfortunately.
Another groop I really liked from that time, though they may have actually been early 70s, were principle edwards magic theatre.

djoutrage's photo
Fri 07/31/09 06:28 AM
moonlight serinade is my favourite of Miller's, but was more of a fan of the other bands from that time, Bunny Berigan, Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsy, Duke ellington etc.

djoutrage's photo
Fri 07/31/09 06:20 AM
ok, here is my contribution lol
nick drake, 3 hours: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-D6F19-f8
Pentangle, light flight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9gCN9-Jnfg
Incredible string band, october song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCnJdQ9izto
There will be more when I think of them lol
enjoy.

djoutrage's photo
Sun 03/08/09 01:27 PM
cohen is awsome, especially his earlier stuff. Always wondered what was going through his head as he rote the master song lol

djoutrage's photo
Sat 03/07/09 06:44 PM
lmao! your rite, i just realised i rote biaz and not joan biez, omg that was a bit of a spastic moment...

djoutrage's photo
Sat 03/07/09 12:46 AM
lol jone biaz isn't quite as funny as when some girl told me her favourite folk artest was taylor swift...

djoutrage's photo
Fri 03/06/09 06:02 AM
just wondering if we have any folk fans here? i love artests like nick drake, fairport convention, sandy denny, stealeye span, jone biaz, the weavers etc, anybody else here into that sort of thing?

djoutrage's photo
Fri 02/20/09 08:54 AM
hmmm, more a plant fan than a fan of the youngbloods myself...
forgot to add: who knows where the time goes by sandy denny to my list

djoutrage's photo
Thu 02/19/09 10:29 AM
bach's mass in b minor
anything by chopin
purcell when i am laid in earth/thy hand belinder
apres un reve, by foret who's name i can't spell
debusy most of

djoutrage's photo
Thu 02/19/09 10:23 AM
don't think twice, it's alrite: bob dillon
vincent/starry starry night: don mclean
day is done: nick drake
in the year 2525, forgotten who sings it lol

djoutrage's photo
Thu 02/19/09 09:20 AM
omg the great gatsby is one awsome book! someone got me the audio tape of it when i was about 12 i think and i loved it, same with 1984 and most orwell stuff, love english litterature in general...i'll shut up now
hmmm listening to benny goodman's live at carneagy hall album, lional hampton's solos are breath takingly good they just are! lol

djoutrage's photo
Wed 02/18/09 04:44 AM
omg never thought i'd find another sunrar fan here, made my day.
What is you people's take on artests like art tatum, stan getz etc? listening to getz's automn leavs album at this moment in time

djoutrage's photo
Wed 02/18/09 04:38 AM
shine on you crazy diamond
or cairful with that axe eugene
or the fin ice
or wish you were here...too many

2 Next