Community > Posts By > tomakeaprince

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 11/05/14 08:49 PM
Yeah, alright. Thanks.

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 11/05/14 08:36 PM
This question is chock full of sexist overtones. Obviously it depends on the person and his or her experiences.

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 11/05/14 08:29 PM
I mean, I have conversation skills and I think I can be interesting and tactful, so that's really not the problem. I guess I just don't know how to approach people, and to be frank nobody's really approaching me.

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 11/05/14 08:16 PM
I'm not exactly new here. I've been here for a little while, but I still feel a little lost. I don't really know how to connect with interesting people.

tomakeaprince's photo
Tue 10/14/14 06:51 AM
I was going to play bells on an arrangement of Jupiter when I was in concert band, but the program changed and we didn't do that piece. Pity, that. It would have been phenomenal.

tomakeaprince's photo
Mon 10/13/14 01:04 PM
I don't know that Beethoven and Elvis are so unlikely a duo. They were both very full of feeling, both western music, both pushing toward a new era.

tomakeaprince's photo
Sun 10/12/14 11:05 PM
Did Wagner do a moonlight? I'm pretty sure that's Beethoven's. :/
Anyway, Wagner's a funny guy, and I don't mean like hilarious. He's just a weird character. You know he supported animal rights but was strongly antisemitic? Weird priorities. The arts bring us all kinds, hmm?

tomakeaprince's photo
Thu 10/09/14 06:51 AM
Yeah, Beetohven's 3rd is nice, but my favorite of his is the 7th symphony, movement 2. :) So moving!
I'm hardly an expert on classical, though. Most of my studies have been in choral music, and there's not really a lot of well-loved classical choral music. All the really famous choral works are from other eras it seems.

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 10/08/14 08:15 PM
I'm really into postmodernism right now. I'm studying some Barber pieces and it's really neat to jump into some of this atonal and ametric stuff.

But most of the time I like Romantic(Schubert mostly) and Baroque(so much Handel). Classical is fine, but never really did much for me. I mean Haydn and Mozart are fine, Beethoven's great, but I just don't get much out of it.

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 10/08/14 07:58 PM
Saying something bad about my family would do it.

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 10/08/14 07:56 PM
Baroque, Classical, Romantic, etc? What do you listen to?

2 Next