Community > Posts By > az_grrl

az_grrl's photo
Sun 12/20/09 08:23 PM
For a great fan made vid check out http://impstherelentless.com -- Chapter 1 is *great*, Chapter 2 is so-so. IMO anyway.....

And two of the absolute *best* fan made lightsaber duels are the Ryan vs. Dorkman vids -- http://www.ryanvsdorkman.com

Just sooooo awesome for fan made vids, especially the lightsabre duels!

Come to the Darkside, we have cookies!

az_grrl's photo
Wed 08/12/09 07:33 AM
"My Happy Ending" - Avril Lavigne

az_grrl's photo
Wed 08/12/09 07:32 AM
Love is an illusion,
   cast by the heart,
     it deceives the eyes,
        and clouds the mind.

Love is a dream,
   conjured by the soul,
     trapped in a fantasy,
        afraid to face reality.

Love is a lie,
   greatest of all betrayers,
     it uses and abuses,
       then discards the empty husk,
          ready to start again….

az_grrl's photo
Wed 08/12/09 07:23 AM
Romance
Honesty
Communication

az_grrl's photo
Sat 08/08/09 02:34 PM
I’ve never given up on a relationship and always thought I never would. But I’m beginning to understand why some people just have to give up… There’s only so much heartache you can take and only so many tears you can shed. I guess love doesn’t conquer all… ♥

az_grrl's photo
Sat 08/08/09 02:07 PM
I sooo love M-Theory!

Michio Kaku is spectacular! Last book of his I read was " Physics of the Impossible" and it was so interesting.

I'm finishing up Brian Greene's "The Fabric of the Cosmos" and it's stunning.

The possibility that we're just floating on a 'brane' with an infinite number of other 'branes' is so wild. And I love how the big bang can be explained this way.... not proven of course, but love the idea.

Aaahhhhh...... science is soooo much fun!

az_grrl's photo
Sun 05/24/09 02:28 AM
Total Annihilation

az_grrl's photo
Sat 05/09/09 11:06 PM
http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/

Check USB Connections

iPod touch requires USB 2.0 to function properly. Refer to the documentation for your computer to verify that the USB ports are high-power USB 2.0 ports. Try connecting iPod touch to a different USB port, preferably a port that is built-in to the computer instead of an external USB hub. Connecting iPod touch to your keyboard's USB ports is not recommended.

Restart your PC

In some cases, your computer's USB ports may become temporarily disabled or you may experience other software related issues. Restarting your PC is an easy troubleshooting step that may resolve this issue.

Verify iPod touch Driver/Service Installation

iPod touch requires two important pieces of software to operate properly on Windows. First, the driver must be installed; for iPod touch the driver is USBAAPL.SYS. Second, Apple Mobile Device Support must be installed as a Windows Service. If these are not installed, see the Reinstall iTunes section below.

Verify that the driver is installed by connecting iPod touch to the computer and following these steps:

1. On the Start menu, click Run.
2. In the Open field, type devmgmt.msc and click OK. A list of devices will be displayed.
3. Scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and click the small plus sign to expand this group. iPod touch will be listed as either Apple iPod touch or Apple Mobile Device depending on the version of the driver installed.
4. Right-click Apple iPod touch (or Apple Mobile Device) and choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
5. When the Properties window opens, select the Driver tab.
6. Click Driver Details to view more information.
Verify that the Apple Mobile Device Service is installed and running using the Services MMC snap-in using these steps:
2. In the Open field, type services.msc and click OK. A list of devices will be displayed.
3. View the list In alphabetical order and verify that the "Apple Mobile Device Service" status is "Started."
4. If the status does not indicate the service is started, right-click Apple Mobile Device Service and choose Start from the shortcut menu.
5. If the service is installed and started, right-click the service and choose Restart from the shortcut menu.

If the driver is installed and the service is installed and started, check the Event Viewer for error messages.
2. In the Open field, type eventvwr.msc and click OK.

I have the following running and if any of them stop, it hoses up my iTunes & iPod Touch and they don’t play well together:

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

iPodService.exe

iTunesHelper.exe

Bonjour Service

I’m running Vista with SP2 on my HP laptop.

Once iTunes and your iPod will see each other, iTunes should ask you what you want to name your iPod.

After it’s named and iTunes sees it, it should appear about half way down on the left hand side of iTunes.

And you can add songs to your library by clicking File at the top of iTunes and selecting Add File to library or Add Folder to library.

A lot of the time I will open the folder I have my songs in and just drag them into iTunes or directly to the iPod.

Good luck…. Hope some of this helps.

az_grrl's photo
Sat 05/09/09 09:28 PM
Just as a disclaimer, I pretty much ‘dislike’ all religions.

Some of the most hateful people I’ve met in person or on-line are the bible thumpers that insist everyone must follow their ways and everyone else is wrong. I especially love the ones that absolutely despise me because I’m a lesbian and take the time to write horrid, hateful rubbish to get their point across. Like the ones that call all GLBT people pedophiles and drone on & on about how we’re destroying the universe because we exist…… blah, whatever.

I especially get a kick out of the ones that say ‘I believe EVERYTHING the bible says and that’s how I live my life’.

Lol, let’s take a look at a few things the bible says:

Leviticus 25:44 states that you may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations.

Exodus 21:7 says it’s ok to sell your daughter into slavery.

Lev.15: 19-24 males are allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness.

Exodus 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Lev. 11:10 Eating shellfish is an abomination

Lev.21:20 states that you may not approach the altar of God if you have a defect in your sight (or if you’re a hunchback or a dwarf or an itching disease or scabs or crushed testicles)

Lev. 19:2 Don't cut the hair on the sides of your head or trim your beard.

Corinthians 11-14 doth not it even nature itself teach you that if a man have long hair it is a shame unto him

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 If you have a "stubborn and rebellious son," then you and the other men in your neighborhood "shall stone him with stones that he die."

Lev.19:19 Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

Lev.24:16 Whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him. The sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.

Leviticus 15:19-24 a man should not go near a woman when she's on her period

The bible mentions unicorns, satyrs (men with goat legs), cockatrices (rooster-serpents that kill when looked upon) and a race of Giants (they survived the Great Flood, because they appear both before and after it. I guess Noah made room for them on the Ark). The bible talks about these mythical creatures not in the mythical sense, but in the real sense, mentioning them right alongside real animals. That's really childish.

After God creates Adam, they look amongst all the animals to find a suitable mate for Adam, but they are unsuccessful. (lol, this one is soooo funny!)

Isn't it a contradiction to tell humans to not commit murder in the Ten Commandments but then to tell them to kill and wipe out an entire town if they worship false idols?

2nd Kings 2:23-25 - From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of town and jeered at him. "go on up, you bald head!" they said. "go on up, you bald head!" He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled 42 of the youths. And he went on to mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.

Deuteronomy 13:12-18: 12 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the Lord thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, 13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; 14 Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; 15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. 16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the Lord thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. 17 And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; 18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the Lord thy God.

Christianity was founded in approximately 33CE based on the teachings and life of Jesus. The World Christian Database represents over 9,000 Christian denominations throughout the world. The Bible was written over a period of 1400 to 1800 years by more than 40 different authors and is a compilation of 66 separate books, divided into two primary divisions: the Old Testament (containing 39 books. The Old Testament (also known as the Hebrew Bible), the first books of the Christian Bible, was written more than 2,000 years ago.) and the New Testament (containing 27 books). The Bible was put together by church committee and there are over 20 or more books left out of the Bible.

Christianity - The belief that a cosmic, trans-dimensional, Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you telepathically tell him you accept him as your “savior”, so he can remove an evil force from you that is somehow present in all humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by an evil snake to eat an apple from a magic tree, yeah…. that makes perfect sense.

az_grrl's photo
Sat 05/09/09 08:12 PM

az_grrl's photo
Sat 05/09/09 08:11 PM

az_grrl's photo
Sat 05/09/09 08:09 PM
I cry and I cry and I have no more tears left..... and I cry some more.

az_grrl's photo
Sat 05/09/09 07:58 PM
love is an illusion..... a lie..... and always a curse..............

az_grrl's photo
Fri 05/08/09 03:57 PM
"Missing" - Evanescence

az_grrl's photo
Fri 05/08/09 03:49 PM
I've lost what I never had
   Never could be
      Never really was at all

A lie
   An illusion
      Only the tears are real

Unworthy
   The emptiness taunts me
      Never to be whole

az_grrl's photo
Wed 05/06/09 02:45 AM
Serendipity
Love Actually
The Lake House
Casablanca
My Life
City Of Angels
What Dreams May Come
Enchanted
Always

....oh, and did I mention Serendipity?

az_grrl's photo
Wed 05/06/09 02:11 AM

az_grrl's photo
Mon 05/04/09 09:24 PM

az_grrl's photo
Mon 05/04/09 02:48 PM
It was far from stupid, but…..

The girl I was madly in love with in High School told me she loved me when I went back for her graduation (she was a year behind and I had to move my senior year)….. We spent the most romantic week together, kept in touch when I flew home and one night on the phone a few weeks later we talked about moving in together – So I tossed some stuff in a couple of bags, got on a bus and we moved in together. Didn’t think twice about it.

We were living happily ever after until her homophobic, abusive father found out about us and drove to Texas and took her away by force. Long story, but he scared the hell out of us both….. and threatened both of us.

We were together for over a year and it was the happiest time of my life….. I’ve been happy since then, but she was my first true love – it was so, so special. *sigh*

az_grrl's photo
Mon 05/04/09 02:17 PM

ja taime :heart:

je veux que tu me veux

je amour vous beaucoup

mon amour

éperdument amoureux

sincere amour

éternel amour

tout mon amour, pour maintenant et pour toujours

Take their hands, look them in the eyes and tell them how happy they make you and why...... you’ll be there for them always...... and you’ll do your best to make them as happy as they make you..... :heart:

Previous 1