Community > Posts By > Fiesty1970

Fiesty1970's photo
Tue 05/10/11 11:45 AM

Fiesty, as others have already pointed out, it isn't just asian women who date outside of their race. Many women date outside of their race, just as many men do. I don't believe that every single asian women is looking for white men only, though. The woe is me attitude isn't going to help. Get rid of that attitude and get out and meet women. I'm sure you can find someone you want to date.

You are correct, but my point is that it happens on a disproportionate large basis in the case asian females.

But it's 5 am here so I'll end my rant.
Food for thought anyway.

Fiesty1970's photo
Tue 05/10/11 11:36 AM

Maybe its because they think that the stereo type for Asian guys concerning their package is true and want something more fulfilling.

rofl rofl rofl

interesting you mentioned asian male stereotyping...I feel that's one of the reasons caucasian and non-asian males are often prefered by females. The "typical" representation, in western media, of the asian male is that of the "nerdy" guy, while caucasian males are depicted as the big hero. eg John Hughes' 16 Candles.

Like I said earlier, it would be interesting to get an asian perspective on this topic. I'm interested if any of them share my experience.

Fiesty1970's photo
Tue 05/10/11 11:29 AM
Well, we have another site in Australia called RSVP. That site provides a facility where you can indicate your preference for the race of your prospective partner. There is a large proportion of female asian profiles where their preference is for white guys or races other than asian.

Fiesty1970's photo
Tue 05/10/11 10:58 AM
....furthermore- you almost never see asian guys dating white women, but asian women dating white guys is a very common. Now whether you call it a "preference" for a certain race or not, the fact is when you choose a partner based on their race it is racial discrimination.

Fiesty1970's photo
Tue 05/10/11 10:53 AM
Like I said, it's something you can't appreciate without having experienced it. I've asked a few other asian people about this, and they acknowledge that it does occur. I challenge any white guy to come up with an instance where he's been rejected by a white woman because he is white.

Fiesty1970's photo
Tue 05/10/11 10:45 AM
I'd actually like to find out about the opinions and experiences of other asian guys on this topic. I don't think anyone can appreciate this situation without having experienced it. I'm sure the previous poster would never have been rejected because he is white...well I have been rejected, by asians, because I'm asian. And on more than a few occasions.

Fiesty1970's photo
Tue 05/10/11 10:38 AM

Actually there are many white girls that prefer to date outside of their race. Just like other races....there are some that date within and without of their race.

It isn't racism. It's just preferences and what they are attracted to. Just like some people prefer to date a certain height, weight, gender, hair color, etc.

I disagree. There seems to be a large number of asian women who say they are not attracted to asian guys. By definition this is discrimination based on race. You'd never find a white woman who says that about white guys.

Fiesty1970's photo
Tue 05/10/11 10:09 AM
Is it just me, or do most of the Asian girls on these sites prefer white guys? If this is true , then it must be an example of the worst sort of racism out there- that which is against your own race. You'd never ever find a white lady who doesn't like white guys would you? It seems like a huge betrayal, and it's just so they can obtain the status symbol of having a white guy.

Fiesty1970's photo
Wed 04/28/10 03:09 PM
I think the gorilla man might have posted in the wrong thread. indifferent

Fiesty1970's photo
Wed 04/28/10 03:05 PM

So I'm wandering the streets of Sydney, and I see a lot of Asian female/Caucasian male couples. What I hardly ever see is Asian male/Caucasian female couples. My question is...
What the hell is wrong with us!?

I'm not really attracted to white women, personally. I'm just curious , that's all.

Im not asian, so I cant answer specifically. But as a woman of color, I can see a disparity as well, even though its in reverse.

There are far more black males who choose white females than there are white males who choose black females. I think, personally , there is a stereotype involved that goes like this...

black women are loud and independent (so most males believing this would avoid choosing them)

white women are docile and compliant (so most males believing this would flock to choose them)

black males are better lovers and protectors (so most women believing this would flock to choose them)

white males are more financially secure and poseesive(so many women believing this would choose financial stability)

the prevalance of such stereotypes(none of which I believe, by the way) seems to have a huge impact on the cultural choices we see when people choose partners
perhaps the underlying sterotype of asian females being timid and compliant makes them more desirable to asian males and caucasian males than the stereotype of the american female(period) who is loose and demanding and disrespectful

Here is an interesting quote from a dating website ad -
"Why Date Asians in Australia?"
"Because Asian girls are keepers. They will always serve and never leave you no matter what."

This kind of underlines what this poster said. I also imagine it might offend quite a lot of Asian women , as well, to be thought of like that. It would probably offend quite a lot of women in general, for that matter.
There is one school of thought which says that some white men like Asian women because they feel more dominant over them than they do with white women.
I've also come across quite a few instances of Asian women ,in Australia, saying they are not attracted to Asian men. I feel this is racism of the worst kind. That which is directed at one's own people. It's a bit of a slap in the face to their own culture. I don't think you'd ever hear of a white woman with the same view of white men.
I personally feel the media & Hollywood has contributed to this sort of thinking. White men are generally portrayed as "the sporty, masculine hero" by Hollywood. Asian men are generally stereotyped as "the bookish nerd". There are no strong Asian male role-models in western society in general.
Oh my, I sound a bit worried about this don't I?
Well, considering that I'm only attracted to Asian women, it feels like I'm being betrayed. I'd understand if an Asian rejected me on the basis of my aesthetic appearance (I'd probably expect it tears , but not on the basis of my race, which is the same as theirs.
But anyways ...life goes on regardless.

Fiesty1970's photo
Wed 04/28/10 01:17 PM
So I'm wandering the streets of Sydney, and I see a lot of Asian female/Caucasian male couples. What I hardly ever see is Asian male/Caucasian female couples. My question is...
What the hell is wrong with us!?

I'm not really attracted to white women, personally. I'm just curious , that's all.