Community > Posts By > wanttachat

wanttachat's photo
Thu 12/25/08 11:35 AM
try making a small partition in it

how do I do that?

wanttachat's photo
Thu 12/25/08 11:08 AM
For Christmas I got Western Digital My book Essential :banana: when trying to format My Book from Fat32 to NTFS 2 boxes pop up:

Disk Management
The partition My Book (J:) Primary partition is currently in use. To force the deletion of this partion, click Yes.
WARNING: Forcing a deletion might cause unexpected errors in the applicatication that is using this partition. Do you want to continue?
Yes No

Under that...

Logical Disk Manager
The request cannot be completed because the volume is open or in use. It may be configured as a system, boot, or pagefile volume, or, to hold a crashdump file.
OK

Ok...Do I click Yes to force or is that a no no
and i have to do something else if so what???
I really want to play with my gift.

Thanks

wanttachat's photo
Tue 12/09/08 12:19 PM
Mindsi--Yes I can hear sounds thru media player I was able after a few (alot) tries get my es1869 drivers to update but that didn't help but did take the yellow exclamation points off laugh

Alzeimer- Unfortunately I do not have a system disc and I want to keep it 98 its a computer my son uses for older games and I have other computers...this was given to me. I kinda figured I would need to reinstall....hopefully Ebay has cheap ones...whoa

wanttachat's photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:09 AM
This computer has no service packs installed. except an internet explorer 6 SP1 and Internet tools

But I did find that when trying to install or uninstall a few programs it gives me .INF file is missing.

I have a bootdisk will that help me?

wanttachat's photo
Sun 12/07/08 01:19 PM
when I go to control panel, sounds, i can click on a noise but the play button is not highlighted.

As for the playback i go to control panel, multimedia, audio tab, none of the stuff is highlighted.

I don't have a volume control any more either

wanttachat's photo
Sun 12/07/08 12:46 PM
Already updated driver there and it is working,
media player works thru the speakers
sound properties have no sound
playback have no sound

wanttachat's photo
Sun 12/07/08 12:32 PM

Ok I have a
Compaq Deskpro EP/SB Series
OS Windows 98SE
I downloaded Everest to try to get my computers full product name but that's all i got as a name

I have no system sound. I went and looked at the sound in hardware and they had ess es1869 control interface and es1869 plug and play audiodriver both with exclamation marks tried to down load driver but it said ntkern.VXD loader device not found
found and downloaded driver, installed, no sound.
I then downloaded media player and i can get sound from that, but still no system sounds

I do not have any disc for this computer

it seems I have missing files

i found a site that has downloadable bootdisks (bootdisk.com) but don't know if it will work or really how to work with that.

frustrated Help Please

wanttachat's photo
Wed 12/03/08 09:20 AM
I got a compaq presario 5150 it has a problem (besides that its older then rocks) with the cd door opening on startup and will not read any disc just spits it back out. I figure i need a new drive but am unsure of what kind i can replace it with, it says its a RW 48-24-48 on the front. Specs say it has

32X Max 3 CD-ROM drive
350 MHz AMD K6-2 processor with 3DNow! technology

any suggestions
Thankswaving

wanttachat's photo
Sun 09/21/08 06:36 PM
I have a trac phone, haven't had a problem at all and good coverage.

wanttachat's photo
Sat 09/20/08 09:03 PM
ok so I ended up getting a cd-rom and installed it everything seemed ok but then the damn thing opened on its own and won't stay shut to read a disc just keeps popping open. What the hell!????

wanttachat's photo
Sat 09/20/08 06:59 PM
Go to Start, run and then type ..... %temp% this will bring up other temp files you do not need that you can delete.

Thanks for the tip

1 question.....whatever is in this temp file can be deleted safely?

wanttachat's photo
Fri 09/19/08 11:00 AM
just for old pc games but thought if i could get it to play dvds he'd like that

wanttachat's photo
Fri 09/19/08 10:55 AM
My son has an old computer (also has a new one but the old plays older games)
anyways his cd-rom (Samsung CD-R/RW SW-248F) has died the computer is a Compaq Presario Windows 98

question- can i install a DVD-ROM or will it not be able to run in the old geezer
do I i need to replace with a CD-ROM

wanttachat's photo
Thu 09/11/08 03:28 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I mean Wii biggrin

wanttachat's photo
Wed 09/03/08 07:39 PM
Best of Luck flowers
and Hope you recover quickly :banana:

wanttachat's photo
Fri 08/29/08 09:29 PM

I guess I feel bad cus I think I can use it as an excuse to avoid the person.

if you really want to avoid this person then by all means stop it now and let this person know how you feel.

wanttachat's photo
Fri 08/29/08 09:25 PM

watch my effin mouth

y whats it doin??

wanttachat's photo
Fri 08/29/08 09:23 PM
they wanted to talk to you instead of going to sleep like they probably should have.
My Brother's girlfriend-lives in China will do that too some times he just tells her to go to bed.
don't read too much into it unless it becomes a habit.
good luck:smile:

wanttachat's photo
Fri 08/29/08 09:19 PM
:banana: drinker flowerforyou

Happy Birthday

wanttachat's photo
Fri 08/29/08 09:17 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Ya'll just got effed rofl rofl rofl rofl waving

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25