Community > Posts By > skyydogg

no photo
Sat 01/22/11 06:25 PM
I guess everyone is out. It's "Date Night" for the rest of America, isn't it?

no photo
Thu 09/09/10 05:18 PM
I confess that I am a Saints fan.

no photo
Thu 09/09/10 05:07 PM
Howdy

no photo
Mon 09/06/10 05:17 PM
Like using Dry Ice to freeze water in the pipes, it takes a while for a solution to come to me, but eventually, it finds me.

no photo
Mon 09/06/10 03:54 PM
Duh!! Just plug it in to a power strip with a rocker switch.

no photo
Mon 09/06/10 03:53 PM

{{Loy822}} How are you with switches? I realized yesterday that I should place a somewhat emergency "off" switch for my table saw where I can hit it with a thigh or foot. I'm thinking a PBNC.

That's a little over my head, but should be same basic principle as wall switch. Hmmmm have to think about that one.

A wall switch is on or off. I have on of those on the front of the table saw, which is usually just fine. A Push Button Normally Open would cut the power when I hit it: an emergency shut-off (for when I'm asking too much of the table saw and can't really let go of the wood.

no photo
Mon 09/06/10 06:17 AM

Sky - I am so impressed. I do a lot of home projects, but I don't think I could fix a compressor!!! I'm really quick with light fixtures and ceiling fans though!

It wasn't the actual compressor I fixed. It was the blow-gun thing. I wasn't impressed that I fixed it, but that I fixed it for $1.38.

{{Loy822}} How are you with switches? I realized yesterday that I should place a somewhat emergency "off" switch for my table saw where I can hit it with a thigh or foot. I'm thinking a PBNC.

no photo
Sun 09/05/10 06:43 PM
I went to Home Depot to get a new dohinky for my compressor. They wanted $27 for one that wasn't near as substantial as mine. I bought a spacer, a knob and a screw. After a small adjustment with a hacksaw and a vise, I had the air compressor thing fixed for $1.38.

no photo
Sun 09/05/10 06:42 PM
Happy Labor Day, Man Law-ers. What labors are y'all working on?

no photo
Sat 09/04/10 05:50 AM
drinker G'mornin' all drinker

no photo
Thu 09/02/10 10:21 AM
I got a quote to refinish the tub & surround in my main floor bathroom. $3,500!! And that's with the military discount. (Needless to say - I showed that fella the door.)

I tore the room out, down to wall studs and floor joists. It's been slow, but I'll probably have a whole new room for under $3,500. And that new Tub, surround, toilet, floor, walls, baseboard (hot water) heater, the whole she-bang.

Taking out the cast iron tub was a chore, required double hearing protection, but it sure was fun, whacking it into pieces with a maul.

no photo
Wed 09/01/10 04:23 AM
drinker
(That's coffee, by the way.)
Good morning, all. Great day ahead. Not going in to work today. Rather, I will be doing personal and house chores.
Pray I get them done: St. Jude Thaddeus is the patron saint of impossible causes.

~ SkyyDogg

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 06:19 PM
Go to the wedding, be gracious, be polite. Be a lady.

It's too late to have a relationship with the boy your son was, so start a relationship with the man your son is.

Keep your (hurt) feelings to yourself. He's been conflicted about inviting you for over a year. He needs to focus on his marriage and his wife. Be supportive.

And be nice to your daughter-in-law.
My mother-in-law didn't talk to me at my wedding and she didn't talk to me 24 years later at my husband's funeral. Her (negative) feelings about me kept her from having a relationship with her grandchildren.

Good luck and be strong.

no photo
Tue 08/31/10 04:13 AM
drinker G'morning all

no photo
Mon 08/30/10 05:05 PM
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Although usually attributed to Voltaire, Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote that, while paraphrasing Voltaire's

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too."

no photo
Mon 08/30/10 03:25 PM

i'm gonna have to learn plumbing just to be able to talk to you Skyy laugh

Naw - learn plumbing in case you ever get indoor plumbing down there. Doing it yourself will save you a couple grand. :banana: :banana: :banana:

no photo
Mon 08/30/10 03:24 PM
Further adventures in plumbing:

The city came out today and turned off the water. I got a new ball valve in place (between where the water enters the house and the meter). Then I got all the pipes and valves in and even a new gasket ($15 !!) where the pipe flange goes to the pump, for the boiler.

no photo
Sun 08/29/10 09:25 PM
Oof - what a day!

Today was a near-disaster. I cut out the water softener and put in a new straight pipe. Unfortunately, I had little leaks going on. i needed to cut out the new pipe, but would have to cut below the ball valve. Wouldn't you just know it - the gate valve (the first valve, where the water enters the house) failed.

I figured I'd have to wait until tomorrow morning to call the city to shut off the water from the street.

It took me 2 hours before I thought to wrap the pipe with dry ice. (Duh!) Disaster averted - dry ice froze the water in the line and I was able to plumb in a new line a ball valve.

How was y'alls weekend?

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 07:16 PM
What's new in Arkansas?

no photo
Fri 08/27/10 07:04 PM
Edited by skyydogg on Fri 08/27/10 07:05 PM
drinker
Hi, JT!!

Like the new pic? I went SCUBA diving in Hawaii last month.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25