Community > Posts By > Gregakagreg

Gregakagreg's photo
Tue 10/21/14 05:01 AM
Edited by Gregakagreg on Tue 10/21/14 05:39 AM

Okay, put the champagne and bunting away, I'm not in a relationship, lol.
But there's this thing that keeps bugging me. Let's say you'd find a partner again and - eventually - move in together. Most have been single for some time, so we've learnt to do things that our exes used to do.

So how do you deal with the new situation when it comes to chores? Would you automatically start doing the so called 'men things' like fixing a fence, oil a squeaky door, fix a blocked drain, car maintenance of your woman, put out the garbage etc. etc. etc.
Or would you expect her to keep doing these things herself, unless she asks for your help?
And vice versa of course.
As a woman, would you expect your new man to start doing these things?
And as a man, would you expect your woman to do the so called 'woman things', meaning i.e. you'd never cook anymore, help cleaning etc.

Sometimes it's just weird how we can have these routines in our head --> The other day I had a blocked drain. And I found myself wishing I had a man so he could fix it. Yes I know, horrible, pathetic, cos I can easily do that myself. It doesn't require strength, it's just a gross and smelly job.

Anyways, how do you divide all these chores that we usually automatically did in the past with our first partner, and learnt to deal with ourselves because we were single.
Do you just wait and see how it goes? Do you discuss it? If so, when?

Crystal you raise some interesting questions. Initially you are talking mainly about gender roles. Is there such a thing as women's work and men's work? That is both a cultural question and a biological question. Nature versus nurture. I think both are powerful influences. Underneath the expectations that society puts on both men and women there are biological urges that have evolved over millennia. Next there is the issue of how people change during the course of a relationship. It can be very subtle. They may start out young compatible but mature at different rates and in different directions. It's like the frog in a pan of water that is heated slowly. It may not notice the pain until it's cooked. Then there is the part about what happens between relationships. You adapt and do what needs to be done. But what happens when a new relationship comes along? The responsibilities need to be divided again so that both people feel useful. Hopefully they are mature and self aware enough to negotiate compromise. It can't all be worked out ahead of time. I believe relationships are like art. It's a result of the interaction over time. You don't know exactly where it is going to go but if you pay attention to the effect of small changes you are likely to be happier with the results. :wink:

Gregakagreg's photo
Mon 10/20/14 09:58 PM
I'm a recovering introvert.:banana:

Gregakagreg's photo
Sun 10/19/14 10:58 PM
Yes. I have a cabin that is 12' x 24' and it seems spacious because there is no clutter. It is also very low maintenance. I spend time there in the summer so I am outside most of the time. Don't think it would work in the winter though.

Gregakagreg's photo
Sun 10/19/14 09:51 PM

You're welcome...I got nude drawings, but I don't know if I could show them here?

Yes.

According to the rules posted for Arts and Crafts:
Also, please be aware that we will allow tasteful nude artwork in this forum. There will be differences of opinion when it comes to this, of course, and we will be the final judge. No nude photography will be allowed.

Gregakagreg's photo
Sun 10/19/14 05:29 PM

detail

You have a very natural drawing style. Quite talented. Thanks for sharing.

Gregakagreg's photo
Sun 10/19/14 05:03 PM

Thought it was a nice day to paint .. wrong, lol.

Started the third - and last - horse painting for my girly. Not finished of course. Somehow painting didn't work out today, but in spite of that, I'm not unhappy with the results so far...

I really like your horses. They show a lot of natural expressive movement. It's great to see the progress on your paintings. Any update on this one?

Gregakagreg's photo
Sun 10/19/14 06:24 AM
I remember love.

Gregakagreg's photo
Thu 10/09/14 02:19 PM

You remember someday it will all be over.

At first I thought you were being cynical. Then I thought that maybe you meant life is precious and we would enjoy it more if we remembered our own mortality. If it is the second one I can relate. Life threatening health problems can suddenly make you grateful for the little things we usually take for granted.

Gregakagreg's photo
Thu 10/09/14 01:59 PM
@ Franky
Hey do you know Drew Endy? He used to have a lab at Cancer Research UK.

Gregakagreg's photo
Thu 10/09/14 01:53 PM
@Happiness2u
Thanks for being brave and posting your work and thanks for the feedback too. -Greg

Gregakagreg's photo
Thu 10/09/14 01:44 PM
Thanks Journey -
For the feedback and the advice. -Greg

Gregakagreg's photo
Thu 10/09/14 08:53 AM
Edited by Gregakagreg on Thu 10/09/14 08:58 AM

Ok. Here is one of mine....

Hang on I am having technical difficulties...

I can't seem to link to photos on my website. Do I have to post them somewhere else? Maybe photo Bucket? I'll try that.

[img ] http://s829.photobucket.com/user/gregconboy/media/SpiritofUnity-1.jpg. =3&o=2 [/img ]

Ok this is still not working. What am I doing wrong?

[img ]
[/img ]
Ok Now I got it!:banana:

Gregakagreg's photo
Thu 10/09/14 07:51 AM
Edited by Gregakagreg on Thu 10/09/14 08:49 AM
Ok. Here is one of mine....

Hang on I am having technical difficulties...

I can't seem to link to photos on my website. Do I have to post them somewhere else? Maybe photo Bucket? I'll try that.

[img ] http://s829.photobucket.com/user/gregconboy/media/SpiritofUnity-1.jpg. =3&o=2 [/img ]

Gregakagreg's photo
Thu 10/09/14 07:46 AM
I really like the one with the cat on the rug looking up. I think the white swirls give it an expressionist feel. It could be interpreted as the energy of the cat swirling around. It has a looser feel to it -but that gives it the energy.

Gregakagreg's photo
Thu 10/09/14 07:33 AM
I like the use of color. Realism does not always have to be the goal. I think the black cat shows a lot of personality.

Gregakagreg's photo
Thu 10/09/14 07:10 AM
Edited by Gregakagreg on Thu 10/09/14 07:20 AM

The concept is - What do you know and what do you want to know?

For example I know how to make bronze sculpture and I want to know about low cost travel ideas. Especially where to go to get out of the cold weather in Minnesota during the winter.

So what do you know and what do you want to know? Then if you have an answer to a question post that too.

I know how to make halters for horses, paint or draw on canvas or paper, fix my vehicles. I want to learn the art of welding so that I can create sculptures from scrap metal.

Not sure about the winter time, for me the Badlands was an amazing adventure and breathtakingly beautiful. Worth the trip!

I have been to the Badlands. Kind of like walking on the moon. But I agree beautiful too.

I know several sculptors that create sculpture from scrap metal. One of the most creative sculptors I know is Al Wadzinski. He used to live in Minneapolis. Now he is in NYC.
He makes animal sculptures out of found objects. Here is a link to his web site.
http://www.nystudiogallery.com/?method=Artist.ArtistDetail&ArtistID=F56E614F-19DB-5802-E0FA8F19D1E0B55F

nd here is an example of his work:

Gregakagreg's photo
Thu 10/09/14 06:52 AM

Yeah - that was intentional. You have to put out the bait if you are going to compete for attention. :wink:

Now I want to know what island do you go to and what kind of paintings do you paint?

I live on an island and I try to paint with acrylics. :tongue:

What kind of subjects? Are you a landscape painter? Abstract vs realism? If you post one of your paintings I will post one of my sculptures.

Gregakagreg's photo
Wed 10/08/14 09:04 PM
Well I didn't post any rules so....

Gregakagreg's photo
Wed 10/08/14 08:02 PM
Edited by Gregakagreg on Wed 10/08/14 08:08 PM
Yeah - that was intentional. You have to put out the bait if you are going to compete for attention. :wink:

Now I want to know what island do you go to and what kind of paintings do you paint?

Gregakagreg's photo
Wed 10/08/14 07:45 PM
Edited by Gregakagreg on Wed 10/08/14 07:54 PM
The concept is - What do you know and what do you want to know?

For example I know how to make bronze sculpture and I want to know about low cost travel ideas. Especially where to go to get out of the cold weather in Minnesota during the winter.

So what do you know and what do you want to know? Then if you have an answer to a question post that too.