Community > Posts By > Jtowndude

Jtowndude's photo
Sun 02/08/09 08:23 AM
How familiar are you all with nanotechnology?

Nanotechnology is the science/engineering of manipulating objects at the subatomic level. The engineer of the scientific theory is still in its infancy, but the implications are profound.

Nanotechnology has the potential to change our world and our definition of what it means to be human. You think gene manipulation is something, image a vaccine that could make you in essence 'immortal'. That is the tip of the ice berg.
We're talking a century or so away from this at least of course.
Still nanotech is going to be the future. It's already being applied in construction, and even mass food production.

Jtowndude's photo
Sun 02/08/09 08:18 AM

Freedom of speech is an integral part of a free society such as the one we live in... assuming, of course, that we do. :wink:

There are limits and conditions to this freedom in the US. One major contingency is that the words spoken must not be physically threatening towards another, or a direct threat to the listener or society. The spoken thoughts must not infringe upon the inalienable rights of others.

There are many directions in which this topic could travel, and I would hope that whichever path chooses it will be an enlightening one.

flowerforyou

True freedom of speech is unhindered.
The problem with imposing censors is that who determines the parameters of the censors?

Jtowndude's photo
Sun 02/08/09 08:00 AM
Edited by Jtowndude on Sun 02/08/09 08:00 AM

Okay, I don't want games, smokers, drugs, or any of that bs... but am I going to scare you with being to forward, does it make me seem cold?

Too cold?
Not at all.

Smoking is disgusting. I make no apologies for that.
To a non-smoker, all aspects of smoking are revolting.
The smell, ashes, butts...vile. I respect it is a challenging addiction to beat, but it is beatable. My father stopped smoking after 40 years of smoking, so it is quite possible.

I like a forward woman. A girl who puts it out there, take it or leave it, is exciting to me. I'm sure you'll get a guy, the guy you want too.

Jtowndude's photo
Sun 02/08/09 07:46 AM

have some more self-confidence
Get the a few extra pounds weight description out of there, you may mean it literally but most don't use it or interpert it literally.

Other than that...can I hire you out to make my profile??

i give your profile a 10 great job on all aspects.

Incidentally you made out a pretty cool profile far as I can see.
Laid out what you wanted, what you didn't want...that's what I did...I write all of the time. I'm plowing through two novels at the same time, so I never stop thinking when it comes to words nor am I ever satisfied with my writing. Oh I may be okay with something for a day or three but eventually I'll rewrite...

They say we're our own harshest critics.

Jtowndude's photo
Sun 02/08/09 07:41 AM

have some more self-confidence
Get the a few extra pounds weight description out of there, you may mean it literally but most don't use it or interpert it literally.

Other than that...can I hire you out to make my profile??

i give your profile a 10 great job on all aspects.

I say it in a self deprecating way....just my off the wall sense of humor, haha. I realize I'm no male model, but I also realize I ain't half bad either...I prefer to remain modest though.

And yeah, 'few extra pounds' it is technically accurate.

I weigh 215 and the ideal weight for someone of my height 6'4", is 200-210...so, it is accurate. You think I should dump it though?

Jtowndude's photo
Sat 02/07/09 01:35 PM
Edited by Jtowndude on Sat 02/07/09 01:35 PM
okay now

Let me have it....ugly bugger I know, but delve deeper
bigsmile

Jtowndude's photo
Sat 02/07/09 01:35 PM
okay now

Let me have it....ugly bastard I know, but delve deeper
bigsmile