Community > Posts By > Rina74

Rina74's photo
Wed 08/13/14 05:48 PM

A guy that is fresh out of a relationship, then a week later he starts dating another girl..supposedly so in love and looks like they gonna get married too, they have the rings and everything..just a month of dating, this is what he is doing now..why so quick? why jump from one relationship to a marriage? most people said its a rebound..but i thought a rebound is usually a casual fling to get over his ex, but this is too serious of a relationship to be a rebound..I even read somewhere, when a guy is too happy and too enthusiastic especially at the beginning, especially when he is fresh out of a relationship and if he wasnt the one to call it quits, which is exactly what happened, then the reason for being so happy so fast, is that he wants to make himself believe he is happy, and just trying to fill a void in his life, just doesnt wanna be alone..

Eh....he is going for the world record for most marriages in a single lifetime. laugh

Lol ya who knows...

Rina74's photo
Wed 08/13/14 05:02 PM

After my wife passed I remember I going through this. My mother who had two husbands passed on her said, "You poor thing. What will you do?" You are just like one of your sisters." The sister did okay but I wasn't as fortunate. Mom didn't get into another relationship but is still is okay with it because she is always spending time with one of her nine children or their offspring. Mom had nine kids so it really wasn't a big thing. You would think I would be compared to one of my brothers.laugh I can't sometimes really imagine just how smart my mother is. Mom really never has to worry about the other nine kids; Just that sister and me. And now just me since that sister is doing fine just me. But then she sees I am doing okay so she doesn't worry about me now, either. And I owe all that to my mother now. It sure took a while though. Yeah. Don't rush it; Nature doesn't really abhor a vacuum. It took a lot of friends helping out though; Not just mom. Mom was just someone I could turn safely to in the beginning.

Poor u..ya time heals..and definately need family and friends for support to get u through a hard time, anything helps..but thats good your doing better now..

Rina74's photo
Wed 08/13/14 04:58 PM

Three and a half years ago when my last relationship ended, was the first time in my life I had not rebounded within a 6 week period.

These last 3.5 years have been liberating and will make my next relationship all the more special. :smile:

Aaawww thats nice..and true too..

Rina74's photo
Wed 08/13/14 03:24 PM

This is a given for a man.

sadly, true from my observations, some men are lost when faced with having to start over and are too eager to get back into a comfort zone again quickly.

Yes true..

Rina74's photo
Wed 08/13/14 10:18 AM

there are no absolute rules, love can develop under many odd circumstances

that being said though, I believe it is IDEAL for a person to be able to love being on their own, to love their own company and their own self for a while, ,before they can truly love and appreciate someone else

some are just so uncomfortable being on their own, that they HAVE to be in some relationship constantly,,,,,I don't think its a healthy way to live,, but to each their own.

Yes i agree..after a break up, u should be on our own for a while..

Rina74's photo
Wed 08/13/14 01:46 AM

The described situation sounds like a rebound relationship, that the guy is soon to regret if he goes through with the marriage.

Yup, i agree..its way too fast and so rushed..oh and i forgot to mention, that she also just broke up her boyfriend too...so these 2 people are both on the rebound basically and they think the grass is greener on the other side..
This is a situation where they say, "fools rush in." "Fools fall in love." this actually kinda makes me laugh and think dumbass.

I know eh..after a break up, u should take time for yourself, not rush into a new relationship..It wont last, they wont even make it to the wedding..they both think they found gold, thats the problem..

Rina74's photo
Wed 08/13/14 12:31 AM

The described situation sounds like a rebound relationship, that the guy is soon to regret if he goes through with the marriage.

Yup, i agree..its way too fast and so rushed..oh and i forgot to mention, that she also just broke up her boyfriend too...so these 2 people are both on the rebound basically and they think the grass is greener on the other side..

Rina74's photo
Wed 08/13/14 12:29 AM

True..good way to put it..

Rina74's photo
Wed 08/13/14 12:16 AM
A guy that is fresh out of a relationship, then a week later he starts dating another girl..supposedly so in love and looks like they gonna get married too, they have the rings and everything..just a month of dating, this is what he is doing now..why so quick? why jump from one relationship to a marriage? most people said its a rebound..but i thought a rebound is usually a casual fling to get over his ex, but this is too serious of a relationship to be a rebound..I even read somewhere, when a guy is too happy and too enthusiastic especially at the beginning, especially when he is fresh out of a relationship and if he wasnt the one to call it quits, which is exactly what happened, then the reason for being so happy so fast, is that he wants to make himself believe he is happy, and just trying to fill a void in his life, just doesnt wanna be alone..

Rina74's photo
Fri 08/08/14 08:53 PM

Men are equally capable of jealousy .. Just manifests in a different way :-)

Ya, they are good at hiding it lol..

Rina74's photo
Fri 08/08/14 06:15 PM

I had never got jealous of my ex because she had never gave me reason to distrust her. But later when I was infatuated with someone I was so jealous I couldn't help it.

Thats true too..u should trust someone , when they havent given u a reason not to..Like that saying "innocent until proven guilty".

Rina74's photo
Fri 08/08/14 06:08 PM

As you grow older petty emotions matter less and less, if you trust your partner.....emotions like jealousy fade away with your insecurities.

For me I discovered that shrugging of jealousy freed my mind to focus on loving more.

That makes sense..and i heard it to be true, when u get older yes..i just might not be there yet lol..But i agree with u..

Rina74's photo
Fri 08/08/14 02:03 PM

Well he didnt push me to go out..he just let me cuz he knew how much i loved to go dancing..anyway, thanks for all your input..i appreciate it :)

That's good he didn't. The freedom to be yourself is always there. Just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean it's gone. Only you both know the reasons it fell apart.

I reckon the clubs in Canada look more like this

Lol very cute video...thanks :)

Rina74's photo
Fri 08/08/14 01:55 PM

speaking on this scenario, you could have just as easily not gone dancing and chosen to spend the time with him. what we do with our freedoms is up to us...

being jealous doesn't show how much one cares, it shows how insecure one is.

when someone hands you the freedom to do the things you like and be yourself, how can you view that as anything but positive? trust is a rope, if it finds its way around your neck, it is not the other persons fault, it's yours.

Yes i see what your saying too..but its just me..i feel more cared about if a guy showed me he cares, like telling me not to go out so often for example..thats just me..giving me soo much freedom, makes me feel not cared about..

Rina74's photo
Fri 08/08/14 01:53 PM
Well there's your answer. It bothered you, so stand up for yourself and say no, this is not what I want to do every time. And tell them how it makes you feel. Men should never push a woman to hang out with anybody if they doesn't truly want to.

Well he didnt push me to go out..he just let me cuz he knew how much i loved to go dancing..anyway, thanks for all your input..i appreciate it :)

Rina74's photo
Fri 08/08/14 12:39 PM

I think it will be better if you ask him, right?

Im not with that guy anymore..im not with anyone..i was just wondering about the no jealousy thing in guys..

But did you asked him about it? I wonder what he said....

And I agree with Mariah.. :thumbsup:

Ya i did ask him..all he said was he trusts me..and then when we started growing apart, towards the end, he even said he knows it was atleast partly his fault for allowing me soo much freedom and all..

Rina74's photo
Fri 08/08/14 12:31 PM
Showing someone that you care isn't really jealousy, just means you care. Of course there's levels of this for every guy isn't the same.

Ya there are different ways of showing things...how about u? would rather be with a guy who is protective and shows some jealousy or with someone who gives u so much freedom and trust and makes u wonder if he cares or not?

Rina74's photo
Fri 08/08/14 12:23 PM

Did you find the answer?

We're waiting.

Ya i see what everyone is saying..but i will never understand it..i always liked a guy who is atleast a little protective and shows he cares..cuz giving me all that freedom and everything, didnt make me feel cared about..thats just me..

Rina74's photo
Fri 08/08/14 12:21 PM

Why some guys never get jealous?

Because some men have figured out that with a lot of women no matter what they do they will never "win."

I mean
he actually let me go out with his buddy to go dancing almost every weekend...thats giving a little bit too much freedom and too much trust...There has to be a limit with certain things... there is something as too much freedom

Implied in all of this is that you bear no responsibility for choosing to go out dancing with another man every weekend.

Almost as though you are sitting there thinking "you know, if that a-hole was just more jealous and didn't give me as much freedom and trust as he did, then we would have had a better relationship, he caused the relationship to fail. Men have to be more controlling in their boundaries in telling me, dictating to me, what I am or am not allowed to do."

He could just as easily have started a forum asking "Why are women never considerate? I was dating a girl and she actually went out every weekend with my buddy to go dancing. I know there's nothing going on between them, I simply know and trust her and my buddy, but why does she take that for granted? Why do women only want people to see things from their perspective and what they want and never try to see it from others?"

when u trust someone too much thats when they feel they can do anything behind your back and get away with it

Only if you are the type of person to do anything behind their back all while shirking the consequences and responsibility for your own behavior.
[/quote)

He let me go out with his buddy..he was fine with it..and since i love dancing, i went..i was kinda testing him too, to see how far i can go or how often i can go out like that before he tells me something..if he would say something, then i would stop for sure..but since he didnt mind, so ya i took advantage of it..I just wished he cared more and rather i didnt go out often like that..thats when we started growing apart..i ended going out all the time, come and go as i please and it felt like we were living as roomates..but thats the past..i was just wondering why men in general dont worry or get protective when they should, makes the woman feel cared about..and im not talking about the crazy possessive jealousy, just the normal jealousy..

Rina74's photo
Fri 08/08/14 12:11 PM

I think it will be better if you ask him, right?

Im not with that guy anymore..im not with anyone..i was just wondering about the no jealousy thing in guys..

Previous 1