Community > Posts By > exst

exst's photo
Fri 11/27/09 08:42 PM
I am glad to see that ther are lots of other parents of special needs children on here. I have 1 with ADD, 1 with ADHD, and one with high functioning autism. Let me just say that a day at my house is not dull. LOL I wouldn't trade a single one of them for anything in the world. They are my angels. My four year old ( the one with autism) walked up to me one day and said " Mom I love you. You are my bestest friend in the whole world." I knew at that moment that he was most definitley a gift from God :smile:, and He only gives these wonderful children to the most special parents on earth. So that must mean that I am pretty special too. And so are all of you

exst's photo
Wed 11/18/09 03:18 PM
I have 4 boys and I really dont like to spank them either. The best way is to redirect him. Try to get himinvolved with something else. Also at 17 months he is old enough for a short time out. If redirecting doesnt work find a quiet, safe place for him to have a time out. It will take awhile for him to actually sit but stay firm and before you know it he will sit for a minute, which is all he needs at that age. Eventually all you will have to do is say if you do that again you will have a time out and he will know what you mean. It can be hard at first but don't give in, and be strong because he will cry.