Community > Posts By > pfitzgerald

no photo
Sat 01/17/09 08:32 PM
The problem with education today is that it is overpopulated. Back in the day when you had mom at home and dad making enough money to support the whole family, everything was fine. The taxes were based on homeowners contributions to school taxes and it evened out. The problem today is that many inner city single family homes have now been converted into multi family dwellings that have several more children depending on the school system.In other words, the taxes on a piece of property have not been adjusted to accomodate the amount of children that a property owner may want to introduce into the system. The system will inevitably crash unless people are held responsible for the amount of offspring that they bring into the world. This is a topic that nobody will discuss because the bible says to make more babies. My philosophy is that if you can't feed them don't breed them

no photo
Sat 01/17/09 08:10 PM
I have no children, but I raised a step daughter from the time she was thirteen till her mother and I split up at the time she was nineteen. Depending on the age of your child, the peer pressure is more likely much more significant than it was when you were growing up. Many people feel that marijuana is the gateway drug that leads to harsher drugs; however, alcohol that is perfectly legal will lead a child to do things that he or she would never do under the influence of marijuana. In my opinion weed is a far less detrimental on society than alcohol. Marijuana is just like any other part of society, some can partake in this practice and lead perfectly normal lives; however, others may let it control their lives. Some people can operate certain aspects of their lives under the influence of marijuana and others cannot. It simply has to be judged on an individualistic basis. You should let your child know that no that no matter how hard they try, the first affects that they felt from their first experiences with marijuana will never be achieved again, no matter how good or how expensive the weed may be. If you are dealing with a child that is a wanna be gangster, my recommendation is to drive them into the real ghetto and tell them to get out. Explain to them that this is where the real gangstas hang out and if they think that these people are their homies then they should have no problem getting out. It worked for me.

no photo
Sat 01/17/09 08:10 PM
I have no children, but I raised a step daughter from the time she was thirteen till her mother and I split up at the time she was nineteen. Depending on the age of your child, the peer pressure is more likely much more significant than it was when you were growing up. Many people feel that marijuana is the gateway drug that leads to harsher drugs; however, alcohol that is perfectly legal will lead a child to do things that he or she would never do under the influence of marijuana. In my opinion weed is a far less detrimental on society than alcohol. Marijuana is just like any other part of society, some can partake in this practice and lead perfectly normal lives; however, others may let it control their lives. Some people can operate certain aspects of their lives under the influence of marijuana and others cannot. It simply has to be judged on an individualistic basis. You should let your child know that no that no matter how hard they try, the first affects that they felt from their first experiences with marijuana will never be achieved again, no matter how good or how expensive the weed may be. If you are dealing with a child that is a wanna be gangster, my recommendation is to drive them into the real ghetto and tell them to get out. Explain to them that this is where the real gangstas hang out and if they think that these people are their homies then they should have no problem getting out. It worked for me.

no photo
Sat 01/17/09 07:35 PM
When i was a kid, i always wanted to be a cowboy, but growing up in nw.pennsylvania kinda put a damper on that situation. So i studied to be a police officer and became a pa. state trooper cadet. I never made it through the academy because i could not stand having people tell me what to do all day. So now I am a service tech working in the petroleum industry. You have to try what you are going to do before you do it, so you can see if you are going to like it. my recommendation is to try something that resembles your chosen profession before you waste alot of money on it. School loan payments suck, especially if you can't find a job. Many people spend alot of money on college for degrees that do not support the amount of money spent on such degree. You can either do what you want and just get by, or you can do what is in demand and be succesful. You have to weigh your personal capabilities. Remember, every occupation has its advantages as well as set backs. The one that you can personally live with is the one for you. Please do not choose your profession for anyone else but you. This includes dear old mom and dad

no photo
Sat 01/17/09 07:13 PM
Of course i would, people are smart in different ways. some may be able to split atoms, but have no common sense; however, the person that can split atoms may not be able to change their own flat tire