Community > Posts By > Walker001951

no photo
Sun 02/28/16 05:29 AM

What do you do when you and your girl love each other but her parents don't agree with the relationship? Feeling helpless:cry:

Well, IF you're a real Romeo, and If you love her, then you care nothing for anyone elses opinion.....you just love her more and take the consequences.

Failure to do so will mean you have to make the famous ''I coulda bin a contender!' speech one day tears

no photo
Sun 02/28/16 03:58 AM

Your views

Unless someone is kind enough to give me a million bucks, how am I supposed to know smokin

no photo
Sun 02/28/16 02:00 AM
Our animal nature can never be used as an excuse for animal behaviour. Still, the reality is that without 'it' humans, would soon die out. Was it Shakespeare who put it so poetically?: 'When a farmer puts a single ram in a field containing 100 ewes,it's not because he expects the ram to go to the same ewe one hundred times' smokin

no photo
Sat 02/27/16 02:05 AM
'You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. '

From Marlon Brando in On The Waterfront.

no photo
Sat 02/27/16 01:34 AM
'Love does not come to an end'

St Paul

no photo
Thu 02/25/16 12:46 PM
Was it Rasputin who said: All you can ever know about love, is that you love someone. Probably not, anyway, love means you care more about somebody else's well being than you do about your own. People often confuse romance with love, romance has little to do with the real world and real people and their faults. Love is total acceptance, and does not come to an end. Love is not at all romantic.

no photo
Thu 02/25/16 08:46 AM

My boyfriend died when we were 22.
In my mind he is the same..smiling,
all teeth, all laughter, nothing like
in the casket.

That is what I carry with me always.

Years ago a priest explained to me that what we see in the casket is not the person we loved, it's simply the 'remains' of that person.

Some folk like to think that the person still exists, somewhere.

no photo
Thu 02/25/16 08:17 AM
Death is a necessary end to life, if you don't wish to die, then you must avoid being born. laugh

Seriously though ,if no one died, then no one could be born. smokin

Shakespeare wrote much of death and dying, much of it, like Romeo and Julia, based on far older texts in other languages.glasses

In this, he sums up nicely I think
-----
Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.
-----

After all, who gives plastic flowers ?laugh

no photo
Wed 02/24/16 11:34 AM
I know that Colette if she still exists must surely look different to when last I saw her so many years ago.

After all, she was 18, I was 20.

Old now, the memory of her, of what she said, and how she looked at me, has stayed with me all my life.

But, if tomorrow she came up to me in the street and asked the way, would I still know who she was, or what she meant to me?

Yes, I would know Colette, even if her hair must now be grey, her eyes are surely same dark blue as on the very first day.

no photo
Tue 02/23/16 10:54 AM

YO! Walker,
I am not going to try to dazzle you with my brilliance, or match intellect. (I have none) but I like your profile also..

Obviously you a bit more seasoned in this thing we call life.. whether you're in Alaska or the Salerno Beachhead.. A another pic or two could work, but the original cuts to the point much like the rest of it..

Welcome to Mingle2.5! I suggest you have a passport and some sort of frequent flyer club so you can start to accumulate miles..

Good Luck! and Welcome aboard

Thanks for that, and may I wish Good Luck to you too!

no photo
Tue 02/23/16 08:29 AM

Hi Walker, I actually like your profile and get it. I can see you are looking for a specific woman.
Your keen wit and dry sense of humour comes glaringly through.

I do have to agree put up a couple more pictures that will help your chances greatly.

Welcome to Mingle
Best wishes in your search.

Thank you Sitka for those kind words all of which I have taken on board:)

no photo
Tue 02/23/16 08:29 AM

"soberly dressed woman, wearing sensible shoes"?

The Amish are just waiting for you :-)

Now that's funny! Thanks :)

no photo
Tue 02/23/16 08:24 AM

Looks like a job describtion including dress code.

What has platonic love doing with "soberly dressed woman, wearing sensible shoes"?

Welcome to the minglers and good luck!

Thanks Winterkind!, hopefully, if I ever start getting messages from the target group, I shall find out :)........none so far :( must go tweak

no photo
Tue 02/23/16 08:18 AM

Welcome to Mingle2, Walker001951

Your profile is good, with a dry sense of humour. Just add a few more photos and you're good to go.

I don't think this woman is sending her application though.. she is not wearing sensible shoes.

happy

Thanks for the welcome and kind words, what a pic! you sure do have a sense of humour too!......know what? on her, the shoes seem strangely sensible! :)

no photo
Tue 02/23/16 08:09 AM
Edited by Walker001951 on Tue 02/23/16 08:20 AM
Peggy 122, what a positive person you are, I've taken some of your points on board, but of course humour is subjective too, no matter how we choose to spell it :)........and I believe that if someone doesn't laugh at at least some of the things you laugh at, then it's going to be difficult . I am not at all against U.S spelling, I think it's an honest attempt at improving the language, but I too smile when I'm corrected for using an s instead of a z...I once got 8/10 in an internet spelling test, while my German friend ( the one who asks me for tips on English usage) got 9/10.! ..anyway, I'm going back to my profile to do a spot of tweaking

no photo
Mon 02/22/16 01:14 PM

Your profile is very good I think. You could probably add about 3 more pics ,and see if you can lighten up your tone a bit in your description. You said that a sense of humor is important to you but your profile reflects no sense of humor at all lol.

Welcome to mingle and good luck to you!

Thanks Peggy for the nice greeting! I think your idea of humour differs from my own in more than just the spelling :)

no photo
Mon 02/22/16 12:30 PM
Please share your opinion on whether my profile stands any chance of getting noticed by members of the target group.

Thanks

James

Walker001951

no photo
Sun 02/21/16 01:29 PM
I am looking for a platonic friendship.

no photo
Sat 01/09/16 02:29 PM

Some Like It Hot

Knight and Day

Kind Hearts and Coronets

Airplane

Taken
Taken2
Taken3

no photo
Sat 01/09/16 01:54 PM
Edited by Walker001951 on Sat 01/09/16 01:56 PM
It's nonsense of the highest order, and totally disrespectful to women, to believe that if a man mutilates his genitals he becomes a woman. There are many men who simply grow their hair or wear a wig , and dress up and wear makeup and walk in a certain way to attract other men, but they would never be silly enough to claim that they are female.