Community > Posts By > soulflight

no photo
Wed 06/18/14 12:28 PM

Hi,

Roles we adopt in life are important to the relationships we occupy.

The roles we have are varied due to the results we are after or the circumstances we are in.

For instance the work self differs from the home self.

A healthy relationship has mutally respected roles. Each person bringing value to the relationship. Not aways having to be equal but must be satisfying to the inner self, not the perception of the self your wish to portray.

Summary, submissive and dominant are not gender related, but socially related. Historically men are seen as dominant and have in cases enforced submissivnes in women. But in reality men and women can inhabit both roles and move between them aswell.

Cheers hope this helped some.

Well said.

no photo
Wed 06/18/14 12:28 PM
I always do a short 'meet-n-greet' first, be it coffee, tea, soft drink or just a walk in the park. I also prefer to meet quickly, if we make it past the first 2-3 e-mails and a phone call, then face-to-face is the only way to go.

Coffee can always turn into dinner if all is going well. Planning a short meeting in a casual setting doesn't mean it has to end there but most of us (men and women) know when it's simply not a good fit and we know it in pretty short order.

no photo
Wed 06/18/14 12:04 PM
I really couldn't care less what 'men' are looking for. I am more concerned with being accepted for who I am rather then meeting another individuals expectations.

Over 50 - under 50, INDIVIDUALS want what they want. If I can't be comfortable in my own skin, I'm not relationship material anyway.

no photo
Wed 06/18/14 11:54 AM
I think it's always a mistake to gear any topic to a group of people. For me, sex is just as necessary and enjoyable as it was in my 20's. Some of the logistics may have changed but it is still desired and satisfying. )

no photo
Wed 06/18/14 11:41 AM

It's no more challenging for 'us' than anyone else....

This.